No announcement yet.

NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long way to go, but I'm liking the way the Cavaliers are playing right now.

Comment

• Go Cavs!!! How about Russell Westbrook? The dude has been balling, the Lakers need to go after him when he becomes available, no doubt. Playoffs are right around the corner and Go Cavs!

Comment

• I want CHI, CLE, or LAC to win it all
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
          Go Cavs!!! How about Russell Westbrook? The dude has been balling, the Lakers need to go after him when he becomes available, no doubt. Playoffs are right around the corner and Go Cavs!
          Considering that the Cavs play one on one basketball and don't defend the pick and roll, they played the Spurs tough tonight in their house with their refs. We won't see them again unless we both make the finals, but I think the Cavs got a shot.....and as I type this Kyrie sticks a triple at the buzzer. How do you say, "Somebody else guard this guy" in French. lmao.

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
          I want CHI, CLE, or LAC to win it all
          I wouldn't mind seeing the Clippers win. I don't think they have a shot, but dang I can't wait for the Western Conference playoffs.

Comment

• Scottie Pippen with cornrows can't guard him either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
              Scottie Pippen with cornrows can't guard him either.

I'm watching bro, best game I've watched all season. What can you say about Kyrie? WOW!

Comment

• Originally posted by kaufenpreis
                Scottie Pippen’s career and legacy during his 17 NBA seasons, it’s impossible not to mention his running mate Michael Jordan. Sure, Pippen played Robin to Jordan’s Batman. Most players would have. I disagree with people who feel Pippen’s hall of fame career was only due to the fact that he played opposite to Jordan. In my opinion, Pippen would have been a hall of fame caliber player for any team, in any system, under any coach in any era.
                Pippen in cornrows was a Kawhi Leonard reference, because they have similar games. I agree with you though. Pippen's a top 50 all time player w/o question, and Leonard is more of a poor man's Scottie Pippen than anything. Leonard just has a knack for going off in big games. I don't know if there's a better big game player in the league right now.

Comment

• Lovin this Jazz team....so nice to see youth and defense. Despite the W/L record it has been a great year for us Jazz fans. Tons of very good young players....Rudy Gobert is going to be a star.

Favors/Gobert is a nightmare for teams to scheme against.

Comment

• So who's the MVP? Harden or Curry? Or, is Westbrook, and Lebron in the conversation? If I had a vote, I'd go Westbrook. Triple double after triple double. Simply amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                      So who's the MVP? Harden or Curry? Or, is Westbrook, and Lebron in the conversation? If I had a vote, I'd go Westbrook. Triple double after triple double. Simply amazing.
                      My vote would go to Curry. After that, Westbrook, Harden, and LeBron.

Comment

• Close race this year.....Lamarcus Aldridge should be in the conversation as well.

If I had votes, mine would go Westbrook, Harden, James, Curry, Aldridge.

Comment

• Pau Gasol should be in the running. He leads the NBA in double/doubles and has kept CHI afloat with their injuries
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Down the stretch it's looking like a two horse race between Curry and Harden. My vote would still narrowly go to Curry. When I consider who the MVP should be, the only criteria I look at is who played the best basketball from start to finish.

Westbrook missing a bunch of games, and inefficient shooting as of late have ruled him out. LeBron wasn't himself early, and had to take a couple weeks off to get back to himself. At first glance Harden has better numbers that Curry does, but when you take a closer look you realize that Curry is actually more efficient. I understand the argument that Harden doesn't have the team that Curry does, but I'm not hearing the Dwight Howard excuse anymore. The Rockets have a better win % w/o Howard, and it's time to accept the fact that he's never going to be anywhere near the player he was before the back surgery. Howard aside, Curry absolutely has a better team around him than Harden does, and that does have an impact on how efficient a player can be. If Harden was about as efficient as Curry, particularly as a perimeter shooter and assists to turnovers, I would give him the nod.

Comment

• Every series is going as I expected so far, I like the way the Cavaliers are playing, and the Celtics have played well, they're a well coached team. The Bulls will be up next, which will be a whole different kind of test for the Cavs. I still expect a Cavs/Warriors finals though.

Comment

• I'm pulling for either LAC/CLE or LAC/CHI

Comment

Working...
                                X