Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Speculation is he's going to the Pelicans.



    Absolutely.
    I wasn't going to take Vondooms cp bet because I'm taking the Warriors.

    But if you don't mind since you are a Cavs taker I'll take you up on that bet as well.

    And anyone else willing to jump on the Cavs side.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • I know why Bulls fans like HUMCALC are tired of Thibs. His runs with weird rotations, not letting certain players get into the game and wearing everyone else out. He runs a tough practice, and is dead set in his situational coaching philosophies during games.

      All that stuff aside, save for this year, the Bulls always overachieve in the playoffs. They always show up defensively from year to year. Personally, I think he'd be great for the Nuggets, but I understand why the Bulls want to go in another direction.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        I wasn't going to take Vondooms cp bet because I'm taking the Warriors.

        But if you don't mind since you are a Cavs taker I'll take you up on that bet as well.

        And anyone else willing to jump on the Cavs side.
        Done.

        10 Char

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          I wasn't going to take Vondooms cp bet because I'm taking the Warriors.

          But if you don't mind since you are a Cavs taker I'll take you up on that bet as well.

          And anyone else willing to jump on the Cavs side.
          Sure, why not. So long as the entire board doesn't jump in here and hammer Elway and I. lol.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
            Sure, why not. So long as the entire board doesn't jump in here and hammer Elway and I. lol.
            What you think about Shump guarding Curry? Especially if Kyrie is still gimpy, I like the match up myself.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
              What you think about Shump guarding Curry? Especially if Kyrie is still gimpy, I like the match up myself.
              I think it's the only option. Kyrie on Step sounds like a bad day waiting to happen. I think Delly would do a solid job as well, but you know he'll get hammered by the refs if Step attacks the basket.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                I know Orangecrush isn't a fan. But since we can't get Scott Brooks I say make it happen Nuggets.

                Also why I said to HUMCALC all the time that I was uninterested in the Nuggets trading for him. Because now they can have him without giving anything up.
                I would be very whelmed with Thibs. I personally don't like his style of running guys into the dirt, but it would be nice to get Defense here for a change.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

                Comment


                • Interesting stat on ESPN right now.

                  The previous 13 teams to have won 65+ games during the regular season and make it to the NBA finals have won the Finals.

                  And only the 2013 Heat took till game 7 to win the trophy.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • I heard another interesting stat on Mike & Mike this morning.

                    This season when the Cavs had 2 days + rest they went 14-0, I think the finals have 2 plus days between every game.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                      I heard another interesting stat on Mike & Mike this morning.

                      This season when the Cavs had 2 days + rest they went 14-0, I think the finals have 2 plus days between every game.
                      No only between games 1 and 2. Already saw on my yahoo app this morning

                      Game 1 - Thursday
                      Game 2 - Sunday
                      Game 3 - Tuesday
                      Game 4 - Thursday

                      I didn't check beyond that but I would bet the only other 2 day rest is traveling back to GS for game 6 if necessary.

                      I find that highly convenient though. Enough rest for the Cavs to try and steal home court in game 2. And then short rest the rest of the series with them not having to go back on the road.

                      ok scratch that. Just checked

                      Game 5 - Sunday
                      Game 6 - Tuesday
                      Game 7 - Friday.

                      So it could potentially happen 3 times.

                      Guess that means something has to give.
                      Last edited by DenverBlood; 05-28-2015, 11:07 AM.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                        No only between games 1 and 2. Already saw on my yahoo app this morning

                        Game 1 - Thursday
                        Game 2 - Sunday
                        Game 3 - Tuesday
                        Game 4 - Thursday

                        I didn't check beyond that but I would bet the only other 2 day rest is traveling back to GS for game 6 if necessary.

                        I find that highly convenient though. Enough rest for the Cavs to try and steal home court in game 2. And then short rest the rest of the series with them not having to go back on the road.

                        ok scratch that. Just checked

                        Game 5 - Sunday
                        Game 6 - Tuesday
                        Game 7 - Friday.

                        So it could potentially happen 3 times.

                        Guess that means something has to give.
                        Yeah, that 14-0 will be going out the window in this series.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                          Yeah, that 14-0 will be going out the window in this series.
                          Either that or it could be the first 65+ win team to lose a series.

                          If the Cavs win that first 2 day rest break they would get 3 straight at home. Could go to 15-0 and never come back to Oakland.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                            Either that or it could be the first 65+ win team to lose a series.

                            If the Cavs win that first 2 day rest break they would get 3 straight at home. Could go to 15-0 and never come back to Oakland.
                            I remember asking you when the Buckeyes made the playoff if you thought they had a shot, and you replied yes they have a shot. I didn't have very much confidence in that happening based how they played through the season.

                            I feel very confident now with the Cavaliers being able to win it all. Now, watch them get swept. Lol

                            Just read Clady is out for the year, that's a huge bummer!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                              I remember asking you when the Buckeyes made the playoff if you thought they had a shot, and you replied yes they have a shot. I didn't have very much confidence in that happening based how they played through the season.

                              I feel very confident now with the Cavaliers being able to win it all. Now, watch them get swept. Lol

                              Just read Clady is out for the year, that's a huge bummer!
                              What the heck? Way off topic but damn. Our season just went down the drain.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                                What the heck? Way off topic but damn. Our season just went down the drain.
                                Didn't mean to get off topic, just wanted to give a heads up in case you hadn't seen the news yet.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X