NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    You honestly can't tell the difference between LeBron leaving Cleveland and LeBron leaving Miami?
    Yes I understand Cavs fans are more loyal than Heat fans who bandwagon. But that doesn't change the fact that tons of Cavs fans acted like babies for four years and immediately were cursing Lebron all over the interwebz and burning his jersey. I have two Cavs buddies from the military who straight jumped off his wagon. No they didn't jump off the Cavs wagons but it was also silence from them for four years. And not all Heat fans are bandwagon.

I get everything Elway posted above. All I'm saying is don't act all high and mighty like Cavs fans handled it with class.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
      Hey, Denverblood, did you ever think for one minute that Moz was this good when he was with the Nuggets? I'm not saying he's the next Shaq, but he's a top center in this league, what'd the Nuggets miss?
      Not necessarily top center in the league but our fan base knew he was talented. Saw it from early on after the Knicks trade. The talent was always there despite the organization not handling him properly.

The day he got traded I did think the Cavs gave up too much for him giving up two first rounders. And still do. But at the same time I would've rather kept Mozgov if that makes sense. And I knew in that system he was going to be a beast.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Not necessarily top center in the league but our fan base knew he was talented. Saw it from early on after the Knicks trade. The talent was always there despite the organization not handling him properly.

The day he got traded I did think the Cavs gave up too much for him giving up two first rounders. And still do. But at the same time I would've rather kept Mozgov if that makes sense. And I knew in that system he was going to be a beast.
        I think it's safe to say top 10 center with upside. He hits his mid range jumpers, great rebounder, good shot blocker, and he hits his free throws.
        Last edited by ELWAY421; 06-03-2015, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I think it's safe to say top 10 center with upside. He hits his mid range jumpers, great rebounder, good shot blocker, and he hits his free throws.
          I think the Nuggets were making a late attempt to remold the roster for Shaw. Got an offer they couldn't refuse. And Nurkic is supposed to be even more talented. Although I prefer a roster with multiple talented bigs not one stud.

But we need pure scorers and don't currently have one. Reason I hated the trade is it will be 2 draft picks at either 29 or 30 from the Cavs. So mozgoz isn't worth two firsts when you just hear the words first. But he is worth those two.
          sigpic

Comment

Yes I understand Cavs fans are more loyal than Heat fans who bandwagon. But that doesn't change the fact that tons of Cavs fans acted like babies for four years and immediately were cursing Lebron all over the interwebz and burning his jersey. I have two Cavs buddies from the military who straight jumped off his wagon. No they didn't jump off the Cavs wagons but it was also silence from them for four years. And not all Heat fans are bandwagon.

I get everything Elway posted above. All I'm saying is don't act all high and mighty like Cavs fans handled it with class.
            I'm just saying Lebatard is an undercover hater, that's all. Nothin high and mighty.

Comment

I'm just saying Lebatard is an undercover hater, that's all. Nothin high and mighty.
              Honestly after re reading your first post on this I may have semi missed your point anyway.

You weren't necessarily bashing them for being haters. So much as saying you don't get it. Which is sort of differen. And you weren't saying Cavs handled it better and didn't hate. Again just saying you don't get Heat hate.

So I guess I get your point if I agree Heat fans are bandwagon. But like I said earlier not all Heat fans are bandwagon. So I can understand real Heat fans being upset.
              sigpic

Comment

Honestly after re reading your first post on this I may have semi missed your point anyway.

You weren't necessarily bashing them for being haters. So much as saying you don't get it. Which is sort of differen. And you weren't saying Cavs handled it better and didn't hate. Again just saying you don't get Heat hate.

So I guess I get your point if I agree Heat fans are bandwagon. But like I said earlier not all Heat fans are bandwagon. So I can understand real Heat fans being upset.
                Actually, if you go back to 2000, Heat fans are top 10 in attendance. They've been consistently competitive the whole time, yeah, but American Airlines Arena doesn't go post apocalypse when they aren't very good. So, in that regard, I think they actually get a bad rap. Just don't see how they can hate a guy who came to their team and gave them two ships. Especially when, at the end of the day, they live in Miami. Players are always going to be down for playing in South Beach.

And in my post, I actually misspoke about Shaq and Zo. Shaq was traded, and Zo was released. Different circumstances. Lebatard still mad, though. lol.

Comment

Actually, if you go back to 2000, Heat fans are top 10 in attendance. They've been consistently competitive the whole time, yeah, but American Airlines Arena doesn't go post apocalypse when they aren't very good. So, in that regard, I think they actually get a bad rap. Just don't see how they can hate a guy who came to their team and gave them two ships. Especially when, at the end of the day, they live in Miami. Players are always going to be down for playing in South Beach.

And in my post, I actually misspoke about Shaq and Zo. Shaq was traded, and Zo was released. Different circumstances. Lebatard still mad, though. lol.
                  It's the nature of the beast. Fans are usually mad when a star leaves their team. And can you blame Miami?

I mean put aside Lebron being from Ohio. If you are Miami (The hot blonde in the school) would you not be pissed off if the most popular kid in school dumped you for Cleveland (the nerd girl with glasses).

No offense on the comparison to you ohio people. But seriously though. Miami as a city with Wade and Bosch as stars versus Cleveland the city with unproven stars. I'd be pretty pissed off too.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I dislike both teams, but I'll be rooting for the Cavs. At least Kyrie getting a ring is a win for Duke.
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

It's the nature of the beast. Fans are usually mad when a star leaves their team. And can you blame Miami?

I mean put aside Lebron being from Ohio. If you are Miami (The hot blonde in the school) would you not be pissed off if the most popular kid in school dumped you for Cleveland (the nerd girl with glasses).

No offense on the comparison to you ohio people. But seriously though. Miami as a city with Wade and Bosch as stars versus Cleveland the city with unproven stars. I'd be pretty pissed off too.
                      I guess that works, but LeBron went back to the nerd girl at the end of the day. Maybe she has better personality, or the hot blonde did too much blow, or whatever. Maybe she just wasn't very good in the sack.

Comment

I guess that works, but LeBron went back to the nerd girl at the end of the day. Maybe she has better personality, or the hot blonde did too much blow, or whatever. Maybe she just wasn't very good in the sack.
                        That wasn't my point. I wasn't saying the hot blonde is better. I'm saying perception from the hot blonde would be to believe she is better. And would be pissed to be left for nerd girl. She isn't going to realize what we nuetrals realize.

Obviously I agree with the assessment that nerd girl is better since I've said multiple times I think this is the most talented roster Lebron has ever had. Just saying Miami fans think they are the hot blonde and can't see their flaws.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I'll be rooting for the Warriors but I think the Cavs will win.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                            I'll be rooting for the Warriors but I think the Cavs will win.
                            I'm close to your sentiment. I'm not sure I think they will win. So much as I fear they will win.

I can see the Cavs winning 4-1 like what they did to OKC.

At the same time I could see them getting smoked by the Warriors like how the Heat got embarrassed last year.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                              I'll be rooting for the Warriors but I think the Cavs will win.
                              I hope you're right, but thinking the Cavs win is definitely in the minority.

Comment

I hope you're right, but thinking the Cavs win is definitely in the minority.
                                You aren't lying.

ESPN posted their analyst predictions today. 22 of 27 analysts predict the Warriors. That's insane. I don't even think OKC was favored by that many people over the Heat.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X