Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You aren't lying.

ESPN posted their analyst predictions today. 22 of 27 analysts predict the Warriors. That's insane. I don't even think OKC was favored by that many people over the Heat.
    I know man it's crazy. Don't get me wrong the Warriors were the best team all season, no doubt. By the eye test throughout the playoffs I feel the Cavs have played a higher level of basketball. Plus Lebron is still the best in the game, Shump, JR, Dellavedova, and Jones can all knock down the three ball. Obviously the Warriors should be favorites, but not heavy, heavy favorites like they're imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
      I know man it's crazy. Don't get me wrong the Warriors were the best team all season, no doubt. By the eye test throughout the playoffs I feel the Cavs have played a higher level of basketball. Plus Lebron is still the best in the game, Shump, JR, Dellavedova, and Jones can all knock down the three ball. Obviously the Warriors should be favorites, but not heavy, heavy favorites like they're imo.
      I don't agree that the Cavs have passed the eye test and played a higher level. In fact I would say exactly the opposite that based on the eye test the Warriors should sweep the Cavs.

I'm trying to remain objective and respect the Cavs.

But just because they survived in spite of injuries doesn't mean they played at a higher level.

They played in the Eastern Conference and still struggled with the lowly Bulls. They did sweep Atlanta I'll give you that. But come on who really feared Atlanta? Even Lebron scoffed at being asked if he was an underdog to Atlanta. The first round was against a sub .500 opponent. And some of those games were close.

The Warriors on the other hand swept the 45-37 Pelicans and rallied from 19 down in game 3. Then like the Cavs went down 2-1 to Memphis. Though I would argue Memphis is better than the Bulls. And then beat the Rockets who had a worst record than Atlanta but I would argue would beat Atlanta in a series.

Cavs 12-2
      Warriors 12-3

So not too much different. But I don't think anyone disagrees that the Western conference is a much tougher road. And the Warriors only lost 1 more game. So to me they were much more impressive.

What does all of this mean? Absolutely nothing. Cavs could still win. I just don't agree with anyone who believes the Cavs looked better in the first three rounds.
      sigpic

Comment

That wasn't my point. I wasn't saying the hot blonde is better. I'm saying perception from the hot blonde would be to believe she is better. And would be pissed to be left for nerd girl. She isn't going to realize what we nuetrals realize.

Obviously I agree with the assessment that nerd girl is better since I've said multiple times I think this is the most talented roster Lebron has ever had. Just saying Miami fans think they are the hot blonde and can't see their flaws.
        I can see that. Sort of a naive line of thought, though. LeBron being from Akron and having played for Cleveland before. You'd have to think if he bolts, it'd be for Cleveland. I can see that arrogant way of looking at things. I've seen it before, for sure.

Comment

• It's hard to assess these two teams coming in. The Cavs play a little differently with Thompson in the starting lineup. They can do a lot more with high pick and roll than before, because Thompson is a better finisher. At the same time, they can't just put Thompson on the wing and attack the basket like they could before. Been a different Cavs team than what we've seen through the course of the season. GS has been pretty much as advertised: best record in the league, and probably the best team. Cavs could get blown out like a lot of ESPN guys have been saying, but I don't think it's going to happen that way. I think Cleveland is going to find a way to play just enough perimeter defense, and make it a dog fight in the paint. I have a feeling it will be a closer series than the pundits claim.

Comment

I don't agree that the Cavs have passed the eye test and played a higher level. In fact I would say exactly the opposite that based on the eye test the Warriors should sweep the Cavs.

I'm trying to remain objective and respect the Cavs.

But just because they survived in spite of injuries doesn't mean they played at a higher level.

They played in the Eastern Conference and still struggled with the lowly Bulls. They did sweep Atlanta I'll give you that. But come on who really feared Atlanta? Even Lebron scoffed at being asked if he was an underdog to Atlanta. The first round was against a sub .500 opponent. And some of those games were close.

The Warriors on the other hand swept the 45-37 Pelicans and rallied from 19 down in game 3. Then like the Cavs went down 2-1 to Memphis. Though I would argue Memphis is better than the Bulls. And then beat the Rockets who had a worst record than Atlanta but I would argue would beat Atlanta in a series.

Cavs 12-2
            Warriors 12-3

So not too much different. But I don't think anyone disagrees that the Western conference is a much tougher road. And the Warriors only lost 1 more game. So to me they were much more impressive.

What does all of this mean? Absolutely nothing. Cavs could still win. I just don't agree with anyone who believes the Cavs looked better in the first three rounds.
            I'm not gonna totally argue against your points, but I won't totally agree either. Just on one point, the Rockets are absolutely without a shadow of a doubt overrated! They imploded like a lot thought they would in the playoffs. Dwight Howard nor James Harden are leaders, and have been known to choke in the playoffs.

Again, Imo it looks like the Cavs have been playing better basketball, but I understand your competition point. But, man, the Houston Rockets played some of the most undisciplined, sloppy, careless basketball I've seen in that series , yet they could have won game 1, and 2. The Warriors didn't impress me in that series. I guess what I'm getting at is they're not this Goliath that everyone seems to be making them out to be.

But like you said it's why they play the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
              It's hard to assess these two teams coming in. The Cavs play a little differently with Thompson in the starting lineup. They can do a lot more with high pick and roll than before, because Thompson is a better finisher. At the same time, they can't just put Thompson on the wing and attack the basket like they could before. Been a different Cavs team than what we've seen through the course of the season. GS has been pretty much as advertised: best record in the league, and probably the best team. Cavs could get blown out like a lot of ESPN guys have been saying, but I don't think it's going to happen that way. I think Cleveland is going to find a way to play just enough perimeter defense, and make it a dog fight in the paint. I have a feeling it will be a closer series than the pundits claim.

Cleveland could very well get blown out, but from what I've watched thus far I just think Cleveland is more physical. If they keep playing physical, and Shump, JR, Dellavedova, and Jones keep knocking down the 3 ball I say Cleveland in 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                I'm not gonna totally argue against your points, but I won't totally agree either. Just on one point, the Rockets are absolutely without a shadow of a doubt overrated! They imploded like a lot thought they would in the playoffs. Dwight Howard nor James Harden are leaders, and have been known to choke in the playoffs.

Again, Imo it looks like the Cavs have been playing better basketball, but I understand your competition point. But, man, the Houston Rockets played some of the most undisciplined, sloppy, careless basketball I've seen in that series , yet they could have won game 1, and 2. The Warriors didn't impress me in that series. I guess what I'm getting at is they're not this Goliath that everyone seems to be making them out to be.

But like you said it's why they play the game.
                Not arguing about Houston. Should've been eliminated by the clippers. Still a better team than the Hawks.
                sigpic

Comment

• Kevin Love has reportedly opted out of his contract.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...aliers-sources

Be friggin great if the Cavs were able to resign him for less than the 16.7 next season.
                  Last edited by Spice 1; 06-24-2015, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Kevin Love is reportedly opting out of his contract according to ESPN's Marc Stein.
                    He's going back to L.A.
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                      He's going back to L.A.
                      That would suck, but it wouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't be surprised if Boogie ended up in LA either though. Nothing surprises me when it comes to the Lakers...except for Chris Paul getting shut down by the commish. Didn't see that one coming.

Comment

• Love is re-signing in Cleveland.

This was expected that he would opt out of his former contract so that the Cavs could give him a max contract.

He isn't going to leave Lebrons coat tails for that dumpster fire in L.A. Just because they are getting a high draft pick.
                        sigpic

Comment

• The Cousins to the Lakers talk is picking up steam.

Comment

• If you guys were in charge of CHI, would you trade Rose for Cousins? I would
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                              If you guys were in charge of CHI, would you trade Rose for Cousins? I would
                              Yup. You'd probably need to give up more than that, though. I hear a lot of different stuff about Cousins. One minute, all he wants to do is win, and the next he's alienating management and trying to get another coach fired.

I think he's one of those guys who has to be propped up psychologically in the right situation. That's why I could see him going to a place like LA and doing great. LA is like a mercenary championship factory, whereas Sacto is...yeah, a team that almost ceased to exist a couple years ago.

Comment

Yup. You'd probably need to give up more than that, though. I hear a lot of different stuff about Cousins. One minute, all he wants to do is win, and the next he's alienating management and trying to get another coach fired.

I think he's one of those guys who has to be propped up psychologically in the right situation. That's why I could see him going to a place like LA and doing great. LA is like a mercenary championship factory, whereas Sacto is...yeah, a team that almost ceased to exist a couple years ago.
                                Good thing right now is Fred is the head coach and he is good with players. I'm am iowa state fan and it was sad to see him leave but he was constantly taking transfers in that messed up and giving them second chances so he might be able to control cousins.

Adopted Broncos:
                                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                                Adopted posters:
                                Everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X