Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Yup. You'd probably need to give up more than that, though. I hear a lot of different stuff about Cousins. One minute, all he wants to do is win, and the next he's alienating management and trying to get another coach fired.

    I think he's one of those guys who has to be propped up psychologically in the right situation. That's why I could see him going to a place like LA and doing great. LA is like a mercenary championship factory, whereas Sacto is...yeah, a team that almost ceased to exist a couple years ago.
    Give up more than Derrick Rose for Cousins?

    What?

    I know Rose is injury prone but I would make that a straight up trade or make the Kings give up more to get Rose. Not the other way around
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Give up more than Derrick Rose for Cousins?

      What?

      I know Rose is injury prone but I would make that a straight up trade or make the Kings give up more to get Rose. Not the other way around
      I'm pretty sure NBA trade rules would force Sacramento to give up more because of Rose's contract. Straight up trades in the NBA aren't allowed unless the money is almost even.

      I wouldn't like the trade for either team. What would the Bulls do with Noah?

      How would the Kings replace Cousins and mitigate the injury risk with Rose?
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Give up more than Derrick Rose for Cousins?

        What?

        I know Rose is injury prone but I would make that a straight up trade or make the Kings give up more to get Rose. Not the other way around
        Rose hasn't been healthy for five years. His numbers have been down across the board during that time.

        Cousins is two years younger, and coming off of his best season.

        The former MVP thing looks good on a resume, but that was five years ago.

        Comment


        • My fellow CHI fans ripped me for saying the same things. One even called me a dumb f. Noah will be coming off the bench this year, so I'd think that Pau and Cousins would start
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

          Comment


          • im glad la didnt trade for cousins. what i heard was ridiculous....randle clarkson and the first was crazy. I think russell was a good pick especially if they can get either love or aldridge
            Glen Haven Fire

            Comment


            • I kind of feel bad for Mark Cuban. That was a cold blooded move by Jordan.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                I kind of feel bad for Mark Cuban. That was a cold blooded move by Jordan.
                I'm glad that he returned to the LAC, but I don't like how he did it
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                Comment


                • Utah Jazz PG Dante Exum is feared to have torn his ACL in international competition. I know the importance of these tournaments to these guys, but I hate to see these things happen.

                  This is terrible for the Jazz...... Exum started slowly last season but really started playing well towards the end. His defense is already above average and he shows great ability to slash to the rim. I still feel the Jazz can make a playoff push this upcoming season, but I am not a huge fan of Trey Burke style of PG play.

                  Damn off season injuries......

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                    Utah Jazz PG Dante Exum is feared to have torn his ACL in international competition. I know the importance of these tournaments to these guys, but I hate to see these things happen.

                    This is terrible for the Jazz...... Exum started slowly last season but really started playing well towards the end. His defense is already above average and he shows great ability to slash to the rim. I still feel the Jazz can make a playoff push this upcoming season, but I am not a huge fan of Trey Burke style of PG play.

                    Damn off season injuries......
                    I have a lot of respect for the players who play for their national teams. They don't have to do it. Take Kevin Durant, who quit on Team USA, and later found out he had a fractured foot anyway. NBA players are going to play ball in the summer regardless, and injuries happen.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                      I have a lot of respect for the players who play for their national teams. They don't have to do it. Take Kevin Durant, who quit on Team USA, and later found out he had a fractured foot anyway. NBA players are going to play ball in the summer regardless, and injuries happen.
                      I have tremendous respect for them as well, after all they are the best of what they do -and have been chosen to represent their respective countries.

                      Im not advocating not playing in these tournaments, only that it sucks when these things happen...... and this time the pile of suckness just happened to land on the Jazz.

                      Comment


                      • The NBA is on its way back up and I think it's pretty exciting.

                        I got a chance to watch a few summer league games live in Vegas- there is a new (old) feeling surrounding the NBA.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                          I have tremendous respect for them as well, after all they are the best of what they do -and have been chosen to represent their respective countries.

                          Im not advocating not playing in these tournaments, only that it sucks when these things happen...... and this time the pile of suckness just happened to land on the Jazz.
                          No, I didn't think you were. My bad if I gave that impression. And I agree, Jazz have hit a rough patch lately. Turns out Hayward can ball though, huh?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            No, I didn't think you were. My bad if I gave that impression. And I agree, Jazz have hit a rough patch lately. Turns out Hayward can ball though, huh?
                            I was in the minority of Jazz fans that were happy they gave Hayward the contract. A large part of our fan base was certain the Jazz were overpaying (4 years-63 mill) but in contrast to what guys were getting a mere 12 months later (after increased salary caps) it was quite reasonable.

                            As for PG play, Im not a huge fan of Trey Burke- but hes what we have now. I think the Exum injury was made worse by the fact that Burkes style doesnt really fit with this team. The Jazz have some real talented young guys with huge potential- most notably Rudy Gobert. I am excited for my teams future, Hayward needs to be a big contributor though.

                            Im happy the NBA is on the way back up, this past season was one of the most entertaining in a long long time.

                            Comment


                            • Curry is already in mid season form. Making em look foolish.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                                Curry is already in mid season form. Making em look foolish.
                                I'm drinking the "he's the best shooter ever seen" kool-aid. That kool aid is running out so many people drinking it. Making sure I get my sip.

                                Dude is a straight beast and just makes it look easy. When he is on the floor, everybody else around him looks like high school ball players against a seasoned vet.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X