NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I'm drinking the "he's the best shooter ever seen" kool-aid. That kool aid is running out so many people drinking it. Making sure I get my sip.

Dude is a straight beast and just makes it look easy. When he is on the floor, everybody else around him looks like high school ball players against a seasoned vet.
    I think we're on the cusp of people realizing how good Curry really is. Another year of this, and people are going to start the top 15 all time conversations. I honestly think he could wind up in the top 10 discussion. Provided he stays healthy.

I think the thing that stops people from buying in completely is how good the team around him is. Clay Thompson, I think is the main guy. I'm not sold on how good the rest of that team is. Thompson is the one who puts them over the top. I think the rest of that team is interchangeable.

Comment

• Drummond is the first player since Malone to have 90+ points and 90+ rebounds in first 5 games.

Its crazy to me how good Andre is but how little attention he gets. Its why I respect the NBA guys over on TNT. Shaq and Kenny Smith are the only non-Detroit sports personalities that bring up Andre.

He's still a young big too.

Speaking of young, Pistons have a bright future. They are doing very well and have a really young team. KCP, Stanley Johnson, and Andre obviously leads the pack of the young guns.

Hopefully this season is a good one to be a Pistons fan.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Andre has had a double-double in every game this season so far and doesn't look like he plans on slowing down. Barring injury, I think he can keep it up all year and if he doesn't get defensive MVP....smh.

I'm no expert on NBA, I'm a die hard Pistons fan but a casual basketball fan. So I'm not sure, but has anyone center ever have a double-double in every single game?

I bring up Kenny Smith again, he mentioned ( paraphrasing ), that everybody talks about their not being any dominant bigs in the league, but Andre has been a stud since he got into the league, and everytime that passed on him regretted it.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Andre has had a double-double in every game this season so far and doesn't look like he plans on slowing down. Barring injury, I think he can keep it up all year and if he doesn't get defensive MVP....smh.

I'm no expert on NBA, I'm a die hard Pistons fan but a casual basketball fan. So I'm not sure, but has anyone center ever have a double-double in every single game?

I bring up Kenny Smith again, he mentioned ( paraphrasing ), that everybody talks about their not being any dominant bigs in the league, but Andre has been a stud since he got into the league, and everytime that passed on him regretted it.
          I dunno. If anyone's done it in EVERY game, you'd have to think the likes of Bill Russell, Kareem, and Chamberlain. Not confident about Russell though, because he wasn't really a scorer. What's incredible, is I wouldn't be surprised if Robinson did it as a point guard. As far as averaged a double double, plenty of guys have done that, but it's a good question. I'm also wondering who all has done it in every game, if anybody.

I still get sort of depressed knowing that Cleveland could've drafted him. If he continues to develop his post game, and becomes a centerpiece where they can just run their offense through him, I'd say he'll easily be the best big in the league. I can sort of see that happening. I see him being a better inside score than guys like Deandre Jordan, at least.

Man, the Cavs aren't playing any defense right now. You watch that Pistons game? Mo and Love don't know what's going on pretty much the whole game. JR get's lost half the time, and LeBron get's lost a quarter of the time. You can turn on a Cavs game, and there's a significant chance that 80% of the team has their heads up their asses on defense. And it's not for a lack of trying. It's just that Blatt runs this goofy matchup zone, where people either get lost or Mo ends up trying to guard Andre Drummond under the basket. smh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
            I dunno. If anyone's done it in EVERY game, you'd have to think the likes of Bill Russell, Kareem, and Chamberlain. Not confident about Russell though, because he wasn't really a scorer. What's incredible, is I wouldn't be surprised if Robinson did it as a point guard. As far as averaged a double double, plenty of guys have done that, but it's a good question. I'm also wondering who all has done it in every game, if anybody.

I still get sort of depressed knowing that Cleveland could've drafted him. If he continues to develop his post game, and becomes a centerpiece where they can just run their offense through him, I'd say he'll easily be the best big in the league. I can sort of see that happening. I see him being a better inside score than guys like Deandre Jordan, at least.

Man, the Cavs aren't playing any defense right now. You watch that Pistons game? Mo and Love don't know what's going on pretty much the whole game. JR get's lost half the time, and LeBron get's lost a quarter of the time. You can turn on a Cavs game, and there's a significant chance that 80% of the team has their heads up their asses on defense. And it's not for a lack of trying. It's just that Blatt runs this goofy matchup zone, where people either get lost or Mo ends up trying to guard Andre Drummond under the basket. smh.
            I tuned in mid 3rd, didn't watch the entire game. I made a joke about how awkward is must be for Dan Gilbert to watch his hometown team beat the team he owns and how disgusted serious Ohio St. fans probably feel watching their NBA team play in a arena named after a Detroit based company.

But I have high hopes for Andre, and if what is being reported is to be believed. They are gonna build around him. He is the franchise player. He knows it and he wants to win, so he has agreed with the team to hold off on a contract extension so they can spend a little more money to help him out.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Don't like the McHale firing. I think its another situation of an incompetent GM thinking the problem is the coach, when the problem is he has a team full of players that don't fit together.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Don't like the McHale firing. I think its another situation of an incompetent GM thinking the problem is the coach, when the problem is he has a team full of players that don't fit together.
                Bingo!!

Also heard a lot of talk on Mike and MIke though that in the NBA coaches are no longer really coaches. They said you assemble 2-3 stars together like Miami and you can probably win no matter who your coach is.

They continued to say coaches are now Salesmen that have to sell players on a variety of things and sell to them on what they can do. Basically motivate. And that when that sales pitch gets old players/stars will run you out of town in 5-6 games.

They didn't gaurantee it but they were suggesting that Harden has tanked the beginning of the season on purpose to get McHale run out of town because they no longer agreed on the teams path. They said his defense this season has been downright atrocious to in the past. Which already wasnt stellar. Kind of makes sense.

It would align with what happened to the Nuggets last year. 6 week losing streak or whatever it was. Shaw gets fired. Suddenly the team goes on a streak and competes again.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  Bingo!!

Also heard a lot of talk on Mike and MIke though that in the NBA coaches are no longer really coaches. They said you assemble 2-3 stars together like Miami and you can probably win no matter who your coach is.

They continued to say coaches are now Salesmen that have to sell players on a variety of things and sell to them on what they can do. Basically motivate. And that when that sales pitch gets old players/stars will run you out of town in 5-6 games.

They didn't gaurantee it but they were suggesting that Harden has tanked the beginning of the season on purpose to get McHale run out of town because they no longer agreed on the teams path. They said his defense this season has been downright atrocious to in the past. Which already wasnt stellar. Kind of makes sense.

It would align with what happened to the Nuggets last year. 6 week losing streak or whatever it was. Shaw gets fired. Suddenly the team goes on a streak and competes again.
                  It does make you wonder. It also shows the importance of drafting a roster as opposed to signing it. Get a coach that can develop stars, as opposed to a guy trying to force pieces together. This however is also a problem for small market teams. Stars leave for big markets, and the cycle repeats. Personally, I was never a fan of shaw, and I think Malone is an upgrade.
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Bingo!!

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                    It does make you wonder. It also shows the importance of drafting a roster as opposed to signing it. Get a coach that can develop stars, as opposed to a guy trying to force pieces together. This however is also a problem for small market teams. Stars leave for big markets, and the cycle repeats. Personally, I was never a fan of shaw, and I think Malone is an upgrade.
                    I think there is truth to it but there are still real coaches out there.
                    I think the salesmen thing only works if that coach built a working formula. For example, Mark Jackson created the Warriors formula, but the players have mastered it and are making Luke Walton look good.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I think there is truth to it but there are still real coaches out there.
                      I think the salesmen thing only works if that coach built a working formula. For example, Mark Jackson created the Warriors formula, but the players have mastered it and are making Luke Walton look good.
                      I would agree. I would say that Poppavich and Phil's coaching prowess gave them the capability to be better salesmen. And really Pop has sort of always done it as a coach because they rarely sign free agents. They draft stars and sell them on staying in San Antonio.

It's always an interesting discussion though. You can rarely be a great coach without great players. If you go win a championship those players are likely to be discovered as stars along the way. Even if no one knew them ahead of time.

It's very rare to have a George Karl who can get 57 wins out of a no star team. It just always killed him in the post season.
                      sigpic

Comment

• It's just my personal opinion, but I think there are plenty of good coaches. However, like we've mentioned player entitlement, as well as a disconnect between gm philosophy and coaches leads to the perceived notion of bad coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                          It's just my personal opinion, but I think there are plenty of good coaches. However, like we've mentioned player entitlement, as well as a disconnect between gm philosophy and coaches leads to the perceived notion of bad coaches.
                          I think McHale is a good coach and I wish this had happened last year before we hired Malone.

Malone is doing decent so far but I think McHale is better.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think McHale is a good coach and I wish this had happened last year before we hired Malone.

Malone is doing decent so far but I think McHale is better.
                            I'm personally very happy with the way he's handled Mudiay and the young players. I think it speaks volumes that Malone has been the only coach Cousins hasn't had a beef with.

Comment

• curry is just insane, that's all i have to say haha
                              sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                                curry is just insane, that's all i have to say haha
                                And to just think that the Twolves took two PG's ahead of curry that year in Flynn and Rubio. Curry is just completely ungaurdable
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X