NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I don't disagree that Blatt wasn't the man but I kind of feel The criticism on coaches when Lebron isn't coming through is just insane.

When has a coach with the #1 seed ever been fired mid season? It's absurd.

This is why nuetral people like me can't stand Lebron. We are at the point of blaming the coach for not being the Warriors?

Again I get it people don't like Blatt. But we did the same thing with him in Miami and he got two rings. And Miami is still doing pretty good without Lebron this year.

My buddy is telling me it's a long term thing. If that's the case the front office should've fired Blatt last year.

By the way guys don't let me hate too much on your Cavs. I've seen you two say you don't like Blatt. It just frustrates me seeing a team fire a coach of the #1 seed midseason. If he wasn't working out it should've been determined offseason mid season.

I just don't see this working out long term. I mean it follows a two game win streak. It didn't even come the night after getting embarrassed by Golden St.
    In hindsight, I have to admit that I was somewhat wrong about Spoelstra. He's a superior NBA coach to Blatt so far, regardless of players. How much of that has to do with Riley, idk.

To be fair, though. Blatt walked into tough situation for a first time NBA head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      Surprised they already gave Lue a long term deal instead of interim status. Wonder if LBJ had anything to do with that.
      Oh, I'm pretty sure that floated that past him for his approval. I knew something was going to happen after that Warriors beatdown. I thought it would be a player trade, which I guess could still happen. I know I heard rumblings that the players wanted a former player as a coach, so hopefully this works for them.

Comment

In hindsight, I have to admit that I was somewhat wrong about Spoelstra. He's a superior NBA coach to Blatt so far, regardless of players. How much of that has to do with Riley, idk.

To be fair, though. Blatt walked into tough situation for a first time NBA head coach.
        Yeah I get that. And I get that the expectation by year 2 was more than what's happened. I get maybe Blatt wasn't the ideal guy to begin with.

It just rubs me wrong that they are still the 1 seed and he got fired anyway.

But I get the goal isn't to win the east. It's to win the whole thing. I just don't think they can pretend the depth is there to compete with San Antonio and Golden St. to where it's fair to blame Blatt.
        sigpic

Comment

• 30-11

30 and freaking 11.

I mean sure 7 1/2 games behind the warriors but the Warriors are on a legendary pace. So we are saying Blatt under achieved?
          sigpic

Comment

Another thing talking to my buddy now. Why I think this is a huge overreaction.

They just won two straight and it didn't come right after the Warriors embarrassment.

But the talent is the tops in the East. And they are the 1 seed in the East. So in the East he is not under achieving.

They don't have the record of the Spurs and Warriors. But I don't think they have the talent of either of those teams either. Or at least not the depth. So why is he being punished for not over achieving to their level? Just doesn't make sense to me.

But if ya'll don't like him and wanted him gone then peace. I won't argue.
            I think the players would've rather had Lue as the coach all along, I don't think Lebron forced Cleveland's hand, I think this decision was on Griffin for a number of reasons. I'll give you a few.

1) Lue had the player's ears already, the team seemed to respond better to Lue and looked to him more than Blatt anyway.

2) To get more of of Kevin Love.

3) A coach that will challenge Lebron, I think Lue will challenge Lebron unlike Blatt who seemed to be in over his head all along.

4) Lue stood to be a hot commodity when it came to coaching jobs this upcoming offseason. The Cavs didn't want to lose Lue.

5) Blatt was just unimpressive as a head coach. The other night ago when we were getting destroyed by the Warriors Blatt just seemed to stand there throughout the fame with his hands on his hips? Blatt always looked like someone lost at the airport, I'm sure he was a great coach overseas, but he seemed overwhelmed from day one, failing to get the player's ears, failing to get a good rotation and stick with it, failing to make in game adjustments and so on.

I think this move would've been made sooner if it wasn't for the success! Ultimately the front office knew what needed to be done, but how do you justify it with the success. Let's face it though, when you tou have the talent the Cavs do there's gonna be success no matter the coach. I think the Cavs made the right move, but I understand why you look at it the way you do. Remember though, they hired Blatt before Lebron decided, so cut him a little slack lol.

Comment

Surprised they already gave Lue a long term deal instead of interim status. Wonder if LBJ had anything to do with that.
              I bet money the team responds.... lol

Comment

• Now, I hope they make the move to get rid of Love, he just doesn't fit in imo... Love, and Mozgov for Cousins would be sweet.

Comment

Yeah I get that. And I get that the expectation by year 2 was more than what's happened. I get maybe Blatt wasn't the ideal guy to begin with.

It just rubs me wrong that they are still the 1 seed and he got fired anyway.

But I get the goal isn't to win the east. It's to win the whole thing. I just don't think they can pretend the depth is there to compete with San Antonio and Golden St. to where it's fair to blame Blatt.
                  Judging from Griffin's press conference, it sounds like he feels that bringing in Mo and Jefferson while getting Kyrie, Love, and Varejeao healthy is enough. Like he did his job, and Blatt wasn't breeding the right attitude with the players. Whether or not this roster as it stands can get it done is yet to be seen. Sounds like Blatt ultimately wanted to get Mozgov and Shump back into the starting lineup. Get the scoring and energy off the bench from Smith and Thompson. Roll with Delly and break glass for Mo in case of emergency. I totally agree with that, hopefully Lue has the same plan.

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                  I think the players would've rather had Lue as the coach all along, I don't think Lebron forced Cleveland's hand, I think this decision was on Griffin for a number of reasons. I'll give you a few.

1) Lue had the player's ears already, the team seemed to respond better to Lue and looked to him more than Blatt anyway.

2) To get more of of Kevin Love.

3) A coach that will challenge Lebron, I think Lue will challenge Lebron unlike Blatt who seemed to be in over his head all along.

4) Lue stood to be a hot commodity when it came to coaching jobs this upcoming offseason. The Cavs didn't want to lose Lue.

5) Blatt was just unimpressive as a head coach. The other night ago when we were getting destroyed by the Warriors Blatt just seemed to stand there throughout the fame with his hands on his hips? Blatt always looked like someone lost at the airport, I'm sure he was a great coach overseas, but he seemed overwhelmed from day one, failing to get the player's ears, failing to get a good rotation and stick with it, failing to make in game adjustments and so on.

I think this move would've been made sooner if it wasn't for the success! Ultimately the front office knew what needed to be done, but how do you justify it with the success. Let's face it though, when you tou have the talent the Cavs do there's gonna be success no matter the coach. I think the Cavs made the right move, but I understand why you look at it the way you do. Remember though, they hired Blatt before Lebron decided, so cut him a little slack lol.
                  lol. That's so true. That guy who's standing there with the concerned look on his face, but he's trying to play it off. So instead of looking around for the gate directory, he kind of looks out of the corner of his eye hoping no one catches on.

Comment

• Careful what you wish for Cavs fans.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Pistons choked. This game was basically was a gimme. Van Gundy had a brain fart. Should have put Jennings in and let him be him. Instead he put in Reggie whom doesn't see the court correctly and was trying to hard to be a hero.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Build your current and past team. Here are mine:

PG: Stockton, Magic
                        SG: MJ, Reggie Miller
                        SF: LeBron, Bird
                        PF: Rodman, Malone
                        C: Shaq, Kareem

PG: Rose (healthy)
                        SG: J.J. Redick
                        SF: LBJ
                        PF: Blake Griffin
                        C: Noah
                        Last edited by HUMCALC; 01-30-2016, 06:31 PM.
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                          Build your current and past team. Here are mine:

PG: Stockton, Magic
                          SG: MJ, Reggie Miller
                          SF: LeBron, Bird
                          PF: Rodman, Malone
                          C: Shaq, Kareem

PG: Rose (healthy)
                          SG: J.J. Redick
                          SF: LBJ
                          PF: Blake Griffin
                          C: Noah
                          Past:
                          Stockton
                          Miller
                          Pippen
                          Olajuwon (ohhhhh, hell yes, whatchu know about Hakeem playing the 4)
                          Shaq

Now:
                          Step Curry
                          Klay Thompson
                          Kawhi Leonard
                          Anthony Davis (kinda worried about sharing the ball at this point, but GOD, have you seen my squad?)
                          Andre Drummond

Comment

• SVG hurt the Pistons tonight. Left Andre and KCP out there way too long. Both was noticeably exhausted.

If he really wants to push this team over the hump, gotta make some moves.

I think a smart move would be to trade Jackson to loosing up the team's money. Need a legit back up at PF.

Start Jennings whom has looked more valuable since getting back than Reggie.

Also trade for Hardaway Jr, KCP needs a legit back up, and Tim would bascially be the same player as KCP on a lesser scale.

A dream trade would be if Jackson was moved for Rubio. Both basically have the same cap hit. But Rubio offers better aid to this team.
                            Last edited by InsaneBlaze23; 01-31-2016, 01:01 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• PG: Thomas
                              SG: Jordan
                              SF: Bird/T-Mac
                              PF: Rodman
                              C: Shaq

PG: Conley/Rubio
                              SG: George/ Butler
                              SF: James/Kwahi
                              PF: Pau Gasol/ Ersan
                              C: Drummond/ Cousins

Accidentally deleted my list, never try to edit post from your phone.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• This kid from Orlando put on one hell of a show at the dunk contest. Best one in a long time. And the guy from Minnesota equaled him. Shades of '88.

Comment

Working...
                                X