No announcement yet.

NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how I feel about the trade. On one hand Harris is a really good young, versatile player. But on the other, Ersan is a really good, hard working, grind player. Wish we kept Jennings and moved Jackson.

Some rumors say we called Memphis about a Conley trade, which got shut down by a Memphis reporter.

I'd love to have Conley, give them Reggie and a first if we must.

That lineup on paper would be one of the best in the east.

PG:Conley
    SG:KCP
    SF:Johnson/Morris
    PF:Harris
    Crummond
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• So..... Apparently Lebron unfollowed the Cavs on twitter. What's up with that? Even if he's leaving again, isn't that immature?

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
        So..... Apparently Lebron unfollowed the Cavs on twitter. What's up with that? Even if he's leaving again, isn't that immature?
        Not sure what leaving would accomplish, though. I don't think the probability for Steph Curry or Klay Thompson getting injured changes depending on where LeBron plays.

The NBA is brutal right now, though. I've said it before and I'll continue saying it. The NBA needs to at least shave 20 games off of the regular season, and change the playoff format to home/away/home/away/home/away/home. I would go as far as to propose they cut the playoffs to at least a 5 game series. The NBA season is a redundant marathon, IMO.

It's sad, because logistically and financially none of this stuff will ever happen.

Comment

So..... Apparently Lebron unfollowed the Cavs on twitter. What's up with that? Even if he's leaving again, isn't that immature?
          Think its immature as it somethings kids do when they are pissy. Unfollowing things and what not.

If Lebron wants out its no surprise though. Its clear him and Kyrie don't see eye to eye.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Got to love the NBA, the Spurs shutdown Steph Curry and the W's Saturday only to get lit up and lose to Jeremy Lin and the Hornets on Monday!
            sigpic

Comment

• When did losing on the road by three points become getting lit up?

Is the final score misleading on how the game played out?
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                When did losing on the road by three points become getting lit up?

They blew a 23 point lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  When did losing on the road by three points become getting lit up?

I said lit up by Jeremy Lin a guy that averages 11 pts a game dropped 29 pts on the leagues best defensive squad.
                  The Spurs just held Steph Curry to 14 pts a guy that averages 30.
                  I just thought that was ironic.
                  sigpic

Comment

• The regular season matters not. I really like the way the Spurs played defense against the Warriors, it gives me some hope. I'll say this though, the modern day NBA is soft compared to the 80's and 90's. I never heard Jordan complaining about how long the season was. The bad boy Pistons used to physically beat Jordan up on the regular, Steph and the Warriors would have trouble with that type of physicality. Hashtag soft. Even Lebron, whining about back to backs. They get paid big money to play back to backs..

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      Think its immature as it somethings kids do when they are pissy. Unfollowing things and what not.

If Lebron wants out its no surprise though. Its clear him and Kyrie don't see eye to eye.
                      I've thought about what you said here^^^, and also everything else that's been going through the media about Lebron wanting to play with Melo, Wade, and Cp3. If Lebron does come back next season I'd like to see Gilbert trade him, I'm so over Lebron. It's always drama with Lebron, always. It'd be sweet if Gilbert turn the tables on him lol.

The Cavs fans don't deserve all of this he may leave, he's unhappy. I say trade him, get what you can (which should be a pretty penny), and roll with Kyrie, Love, and the rest of them. Lebron isn't respecting any of those guys anyway, always talking about Wade, and Melo. Kick him to the curb just like he left us at the alter, and would do again. I'm over Lebron.

Comment

I've thought about what you said here^^^, and also everything else that's been going through the media about Lebron wanting to play with Melo, Wade, and Cp3. If Lebron does come back next season I'd like to see Gilbert trade him, I'm so over Lebron. It's always drama with Lebron, always. It'd be sweet if Gilbert turn the tables on him lol.

The Cavs fans don't deserve all of this he may leave, he's unhappy. I say trade him, get what you can (which should be a pretty penny), and roll with Kyrie, Love, and the rest of them. Lebron isn't respecting any of those guys anyway, always talking about Wade, and Melo. Kick him to the curb just like he left us at the alter, and would do again. I'm over Lebron.
                        Most fans wouldn't say it, but I'm glad my team never had James. I'd hate to be the fans never knowing where his head is. Is it on the game or where he wants to play next. How long do we have him.

Lebron is like a team cancer that helps you win. The only way havinf Lebron works is if you have a front office that puts him in his place. You are the player, this is your coach, I'm the President.

The Heat worked because Pat Riley ran the team not Lebron. He didn't let Lebron dictate a thing. Cavs? They bow to his feet, you don't want this coach? Fine we'll get your friend. We dont want Tristan....Oh you do Lebron? Fine we'll give him a new contract.

He'll get you wins and lead you to the finals but thats about it, wont get you over the hump because he, the SF is the center of the court.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Most fans wouldn't say it, but I'm glad my team never had James. I'd hate to be the fans never knowing where his head is. Is it on the game or where he wants to play next. How long do we have him.

Lebron is like a team cancer that helps you win. The only way havinf Lebron works is if you have a front office that puts him in his place. You are the player, this is your coach, I'm the President.

The Heat worked because Pat Riley ran the team not Lebron. He didn't let Lebron dictate a thing. Cavs? They bow to his feet, you don't want this coach? Fine we'll get your friend. We dont want Tristan....Oh you do Lebron? Fine we'll give him a new contract.

He'll get you wins and lead you to the finals but thats about it, wont get you over the hump because he, the SF is the center of the court.
                          I obviously don't speak for all Cavs fans, and I could live with winning, but not winning championships if he didn't bring all of the drama, but it gets old.

Comment

• Yah.....nice going Lebron. Go play with your buddies. Wait, didn't you do that already?

What an insult to his team! And I was so proud of him for returning to his home.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              Yah.....nice going Lebron. Go play with your buddies. Wait, didn't you do that already?

What an insult to his team! And I was so proud of him for returning to his home.
                              IMO I don't think him going back to Cleveland was about going home. I think it was all for his image, his star, the drama. He doesn't wanna be hated in his own state. It makes for better TV to return. Its his version of MJ going back to the Bulls after playing Baseball. Now MJ's reasons was not all about him, wasn't about drama. It was because he wasn't near as good at baseball as he was an NBA player.

To me Lebron is a selfish player that is all about him and his brand. Its not about Cleveland or getting them a ring. If it was, he wouldn't get his coach fired for his buddy. If it was he wouldn't be talking about playing elsewhere and who he wants to play with. If it was, he wouldn't be causing drama in the ways that he causes drama.

If Lebron James wasn't Lebron James and was a lesser player on lets say....Gordon Hayward's level or even lesser. He would get destroyed by the media and teams would be like "ya whatever bye."
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

IMO I don't think him going back to Cleveland was about going home. I think it was all for his image, his star, the drama. He doesn't wanna be hated in his own state. It makes for better TV to return. Its his version of MJ going back to the Bulls after playing Baseball. Now MJ's reasons was not all about him, wasn't about drama. It was because he wasn't near as good at baseball as he was an NBA player.

To me Lebron is a selfish player that is all about him and his brand. Its not about Cleveland or getting them a ring. If it was, he wouldn't get his coach fired for his buddy. If it was he wouldn't be talking about playing elsewhere and who he wants to play with. If it was, he wouldn't be causing drama in the ways that he causes drama.

If Lebron James wasn't Lebron James and was a lesser player on lets say....Gordon Hayward's level or even lesser. He would get destroyed by the media and teams would be like "ya whatever bye."
                                Not disagreeing with ya.....for sure. I guess I was happy because he made his local fans so happy. But this talk about playing with his buddies again is such old news from the guy. Just disappointing. Not very kind to his own team/organization/fans.....unless they all play in Cleveland, which would still be a kick in the gut for his mates.

Comment

Working...
                                X