NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I've thought about what you said here^^^, and also everything else that's been going through the media about Lebron wanting to play with Melo, Wade, and Cp3. If Lebron does come back next season I'd like to see Gilbert trade him, I'm so over Lebron. It's always drama with Lebron, always. It'd be sweet if Gilbert turn the tables on him lol.

The Cavs fans don't deserve all of this he may leave, he's unhappy. I say trade him, get what you can (which should be a pretty penny), and roll with Kyrie, Love, and the rest of them. Lebron isn't respecting any of those guys anyway, always talking about Wade, and Melo. Kick him to the curb just like he left us at the alter, and would do again. I'm over Lebron.
    The possibly leaving talk, and everything else that gets blown out of proportion is the media, because they hate Cleveland and wanted him to play in New York or whatever east coast team. Then the west coast media goes after him, because he stole some of Kobe's thunder.

LeBron's attitude has always been casual. Right from the very start he was out there trying to be friends with everybody. I always hated it, but I've always thought of it as a generational thing. Most of these players nowadays don't have a competitive fire, where it doesn't matter who their friends are once they step on the court. In the 80's it was all about the organization and the team. Now it's all about personal brand and being cool. I will always hate it, but that's what the NBA has become.

The Melo, DWade talk is stupid, though. He either tries to be too honest, doesn't think before he talks, or just doesn't care.

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Most fans wouldn't say it, but I'm glad my team never had James. I'd hate to be the fans never knowing where his head is. Is it on the game or where he wants to play next. How long do we have him.

Lebron is like a team cancer that helps you win. The only way havinf Lebron works is if you have a front office that puts him in his place. You are the player, this is your coach, I'm the President.

The Heat worked because Pat Riley ran the team not Lebron. He didn't let Lebron dictate a thing. Cavs? They bow to his feet, you don't want this coach? Fine we'll get your friend. We dont want Tristan....Oh you do Lebron? Fine we'll give him a new contract.

He'll get you wins and lead you to the finals but thats about it, wont get you over the hump because he, the SF is the center of the court.
    I agree about having to reign him in, but I can't put this team's failure solely on LeBron. Trading for Love was a mistake. Drafting Waiters was a mistake (though they made a great trade to get rid of him). Kyrie has actually regressed from last year defensively. I didn't think it was possible. It probably has something to do with coming back from the knee, but hearing reports about he's not happy is humorous. What does he want to dominate the ball, score 30 a night, play no defense, and go 20-62 every year?

Right now it doesn't matter how fast the Cavs play, because they suck defensively.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 03-25-2016, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      The possibly leaving talk, and everything else that gets blown out of proportion is the media, because they hate Cleveland and wanted him to play in New York or whatever east coast team. Then the west coast media goes after him, because he stole some of Kobe's thunder.

LeBron's attitude has always been casual. Right from the very start he was out there trying to be friends with everybody. I always hated it, but I've always thought of it as a generational thing. Most of these players nowadays don't have a competitive fire, where it doesn't matter who their friends are once they step on the court. In the 80's it was all about the organization and the team. Now it's all about personal brand and being cool. I will always hate it, but that's what the NBA has become.

The Melo, DWade talk is stupid, though. He either tries to be too honest, doesn't think before he talks, or just doesn't care.

I agree about having to reign him in, but I can't put this team's failure solely on LeBron. Trading for Love was a mistake. Drafting Waiters was a mistake (though they made a great trade to get rid of him). Kyrie has actually regressed from last year defensively. I didn't think it was possible. It probably has something to do with coming back from the knee, but hearing reports about he's not happy is humorous. What does he want to dominate the ball, score 30 a night, play no defense, and go 20-62 every year?

Right now it doesn't matter how fast the Cavs play, because they suck defensively.

I know what you're saying with the media, and Lebron, but, man? Did he really have to unfollow the Cavs on twitter? Did he really have to yuck it with Wade before during, and when the Heat trounced the Cavs? Did he really have to discuss one day possibly playing with Melo, Wade, and CP3 in the Cavs locker room around all of his teammates after a game? I feel like he's a spoiled brat, and if he don't get his way he acts out. Is he just pouting cause he knows they stand no chance against the Warriors? If so, take it like a man, come on, the Cavs have done everything they can to put the parts around him, and they will continue to do so. Lebron had a lot to do with that Love/Wiggins trade, so some of it is on him. As a Cavs fan I just grow weary of it.

Comment

• The Warriors grab record tonight, and Kobe will play his final game. Which one will you watch? What's the over/under on Kobe's shot attempts? Lol

Comment

The Warriors grab record tonight, and Kobe will play his final game. Which one will you watch? What's the over/under on Kobe's shot attempts? Lol
          30 shots at .300. He'll shoot 12 free throws. I'll tune in somewhere in the second quarter once the Warriors are up by 35.

Comment

30 shots at .300. He'll shoot 12 free throws. I'll tune in somewhere in the second quarter once the Warriors are up by 35.
            35? Lol, man Memphis beat the cavs with their backups.

Comment

35? Lol, man Memphis beat the cavs with their backups.
              Who hasn't beaten the Cavs with their backups?

Comment

Who hasn't beaten the Cavs with their backups?

The Washington Generals or the JR Rider led Jailblazers?

Kyrie for CP3 in the offseason, and Love for Wiggins.

Comment

• I probably wont watch either because of hockey. But I'll surely wanna see the highlights of the Kobe game.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Might as well do what I'm doing, and watch the Cavaliers bench against the Pistons bench lol.

Comment

He's got a 11 shots up in the first nine and half minutes lol. He hit a couple contested deep 3's, looks like Kobe of old lol.

Comment

He's got a 11 shots up in the first nine and half minutes lol. He hit a couple contested deep 3's, looks like Kobe of old lol.
                        Looks like I underestimated him. lol. I'm gunna miss Kobe. One of, if not the most graceful player in NBA history. Killer instinct to rival the likes of Reggie Miller and Michael Jordan. One of my top 15 players of all time. Best all around scorer in NBA history. 2nd best shooting guard in NBA history. IMO, 3rd best in game dunker of all time. I always loved that he was a great, great competitor. A dying breed.

I've always given Kobe fans a hard time (being a Cavs/LeBron fan, how can I not), but I've always had a great appreciation for him as a player. He was fun to watch.

Comment

• Ooooooh my goodness. No he didn't.

It's like 2005 all over again.
                          Last edited by Spice 1; 04-13-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Went out the way he should have.

Congrats on the game and the career Kobe!
                            LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                            Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

Looks like I underestimated him. lol. I'm gunna miss Kobe. One of, if not the most graceful player in NBA history. Killer instinct to rival the likes of Reggie Miller and Michael Jordan. One of my top 15 players of all time. Best all around scorer in NBA history. 2nd best shooting guard in NBA history. IMO, 3rd best in game dunker of all time. I always loved that he was a great, great competitor. A dying breed.

I've always given Kobe fans a hard time (being a Cavs/LeBron fan, how can I not), but I've always had a great appreciation for him as a player. He was fun to watch.
                              Sorry, but I strongly disagree. Kobe is not graceful. In fact, he's been one of the worst teammates in NBA history. Graceful and Kobe Bryant don't go together.

Kobe wasn't ever driven to win at all costs by hate like Jordan was, Kobe was driven to sacrifice team by a desire for personal glory and adoration. Frankly, he couldn't have found himself in a better position to get it than the fans who forgave him almost immediately for driving away Jackson and Shaq, trying to force a trade out of LA, and also sucking a HUGE amount of cap space in his twilight years which is a huge reason why LA has sucked for a good while now.
                              Last edited by Peerless; 04-14-2016, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• A bit sad to see my last childhood star athlete done.

Glad he went out that way even though he really hasn't been much of a factor for years.

But I really can't think of another athlete that was playing since my early teen years.

Manning I was about 15 and he is done now.

No one cares about Brady and he was late high school anyway.

So now I'm pretty much stuck with the adult hood generation of star athletes.

I guess some might argue Tim Duncan now that I think about it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X