NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
    NO DOUBT!!!! Being from New England and all. Magic... was just MAGIC!!!!
    No doubt he was special GOAT PG if not for HIV virus he prolly wins few more rings might of even gone down as greatest over Jordan.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
      Wow where go with this one. First of all Jordan didn't have near injuries or as serious Kobe had on his body for his career not even close. Kobe played 6 more seasons and something like 10,000 more career minutes than Jordan. It's not even close. How do you know Kobe couldn't beat 07 Spurs? If Kobe had same cast he did in 08-10 he most likely does considering he was best player in game 06-08. Kobe played with total garbage in 06 and 07 players like Kwame Brown, Swush Parker, Cook, Luke Walton none of these players were NBA starting talent and were quickly out of league few years later. The early Lakers 00-02 (3) peat during Shaq peak and young hungry Kobe who was great defender back then beat the 15 Warriors especially 01 Lakers might be most complete and best team ever when firing on all cylinders were pretty much unbeatable 15-1 in playoffs shouldent of lost once for whole playoff run. Your last paragraph is pretty bad Favre was playoff chocker Kobe was not and won way more than Favre ever dreamed of doing. Kobe is sports icon and one best winners in sports history he went to 7 finals in 10 years pretty damn impressive. Favre 1 championship in 20 years yeah he's very overrated not even top 5 QB in my book.
      Back to my point about Penny and Hill. Kobe got hurt a lot, that sucks, but it's part of the game. I would argue Kobe wouldn't have made it to the NBA Finals with Sasha Pavlovich, Larry Hughes, Ilguaskus, and Drew Gooden, let alone beat the Spurs. That's ridiculous.

It's always going to be the case. I can't reach Kobe Bryant's fans. Doesn't matter how hard I try. I respect Kobe as an all time great, but it is what it is. Can we agree to disagree at least?

Comment

Unless major injury happens yeah he has some very good years left but his elite prime years are over with. You can't compare minutes between Kobe and Lebron while Kobe was bench player for first three seasons backing up Eddie Jones he didn't play much later he was 6th man off the bench. Lebron was starter day 1 Kobe was not...
        Yeah, Kobe was a bench player his first couple years, but here's the deal. LeBron has passed Kobe's career numbers for assists, rebounds, blocks. Was more efficient from the field and the three point line. At this rate he'll pass Kobe for points and steals as well.

What is funny about all of this is that I only get called a hater by Kobe fans. I don't even hate the Lakers or Bryant. I hate the Celtics, and it's well documented in here. Even Celtics fans don't call me a hater when I break down the careers of Bird, Russell, Hondo, etc. I'm pretty unbiased when it comes to respecting game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
          Back to my point about Penny and Hill. Kobe got hurt a lot, that sucks, but it's part of the game. I would argue Kobe wouldn't have made it to the NBA Finals with Sasha Pavlovich, Larry Hughes, Ilguaskus, and Drew Gooden, let alone beat the Spurs. That's ridiculous.

It's always going to be the case. I can't reach Kobe Bryant's fans. Doesn't matter how hard I try. I respect Kobe as an all time great, but it is what it is. Can we agree to disagree at least?
          In Eastern conference he could most definitely make the Finals in 07 with that cast he destroyed Spurs year later in 08 very badly in that series doubt he beats the Spurs in 07 by himself though. Sure but if you look up most wins against 50+ win teams in playoffs Kobe and Duncan have the most while Lebron is near the bottom he really hasn't played best competition in playoffs he's lucky he never had to play against tough Western conference to make Finals majority of time East is cakewalk to Finals.
          Last edited by Chillez; 04-26-2016, 06:34 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Kobe was a bench player his first couple years, but here's the deal. LeBron has passed Kobe's career numbers for assists, rebounds, blocks. Was more efficient from the field and the three point line. At this rate he'll pass Kobe for points and steals as well.

What is funny about all of this is that I only get called a hater by Kobe fans. I don't even hate the Lakers or Bryant. I hate the Celtics, and it's well documented in here. Even Celtics fans don't call me a hater when I break down the careers of Bird, Russell, Hondo, etc. I'm pretty unbiased when it comes to respecting game.
            So just ignore context go it. Lebron was more efficient due several factors he's best driver in NBA history to the rim it's like fright train coming at you at full speed scary stuff that opens up more space for him on the floor and teams never respected his mid range or post game he has broken jump shot didn't see as many double or triple teamed as often or defended as closey. Lebron outside few years in Miami was never on Kobe level as shooter or from 3 I don't need FG% to tell me that. Teams dared Lebron to shoot like Spurs in 13-14 Finals that was never ever the case with either Kobe or Jordan who could score effortlessly, they scared the life out of you.
            Last edited by Chillez; 04-26-2016, 06:45 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

So just ignore context go it. Lebron was more efficient due several factors he's best driver in NBA history to the rim it's like fright train coming at you at full speed scary stuff that opens up more space for him on the floor and teams never respected his mid range or post game he has broken jump shot didn't see as many double or triple teamed as often or defended as closey. Lebron outside few years in Miami was never on Kobe level as shooter or from 3 I don't need FG% to tell me that. Teams dared Lebron to shoot like Spurs in 13-14 Finals that was never ever the case with either Kobe or Jordan who could score effortlessly, they scared the life out of you.
              Here's what I'm trying to tell you man. It's not about shooting ability. Kobe had shooting ability in spades. It's about the intelligence of the shot. In a shooting competition, 3 ball or no, Kobe is going to maul LeBron and most any other player. In a game though, when you jack up low percentage 3's, off balance or out of the offensive rhythm, it's going to hurt your percentage. It's going to hurt your team.

You'll never hear me say LeBron is a better shooter than the likes of Kobe, and I've even said in here than LeBron is not a natural shooter and would never be a great one like ten years ago. Basketball is not just about what you got. It's about how you use it.

Comment

Here's what I'm trying to tell you man. It's not about shooting ability. Kobe had shooting ability in spades. It's about the intelligence of the shot. In a shooting competition, 3 ball or no, Kobe is going to maul LeBron and most any other player. In a game though, when you jack up low percentage 3's, off balance or out of the offensive rhythm, it's going to hurt your percentage. It's going to hurt your team.

You'll never hear me say LeBron is a better shooter than the likes of Kobe, and I've even said in here than LeBron is not a natural shooter and would never be a great one like ten years ago. Basketball is not just about what you got. It's about how you use it.

It's not just that Lebron rubs me the wrong way he lacks that will to win and killer instinct. Lebron is known chocker at end of games majority of the time he'd rather pass then take the last shot to win the game, he folds under pressure like house of cards. I find his game boring to watch he is not very entertaining other than few passes here and there and his tomahawk dunk. Lebron is like robot crazy effective but not pleasing nor smooth plays herky jerky style. I don't care for his personality either he acts like spoiled rotten brat like world owes him something.
                sigpic

Comment

It's not just that Lebron rubs me the wrong way he lacks that will to win and killer instinct. Lebron is known chocker at end of games majority of the time he'd rather pass then take the last shot to win the game, he folds under pressure like house of cards. I find his game boring to watch he is not very entertaining other than few passes here and there and his tomahawk dunk. Lebron is like robot crazy effective but not pleasing nor smooth plays herky jerky style. I don't care for his personality either he acts like spoiled rotten brat like world owes him something.
                  Tangible criticism. I can't say I totally disagree with everything you said there. Kobe's killer instinct surpasses that of just about anyone. One of the things that made him great. You will notice though, that LeBron has different levels. In the playoffs or when his team needs it, he goes to another level offensively and defensively. But, like you said, when it comes to the end of the game with the ball in your hand, he's not one of those guys that absolutely murder you if they get the chance. Kobe, MJ, Reggie, Paul Pierce, Robert Horry, Ray Allen... Don't let them even look at the ball.

This is why Kyrie winds up with the ball a lot of the time now. Kyrie is similar to the guys I mentioned.

Comment

Tangible criticism. I can't say I totally disagree with everything you said there. Kobe's killer instinct surpasses that of just about anyone. One of the things that made him great. You will notice though, that LeBron has different levels. In the playoffs or when his team needs it, he goes to another level offensively and defensively. But, like you said, when it comes to the end of the game with the ball in your hand, he's not one of those guys that absolutely murder you if they get the chance. Kobe, MJ, Reggie, Paul Pierce, Robert Horry, Ray Allen... Don't let them even look at the ball.

This is why Kyrie winds up with the ball a lot of the time now. Kyrie is similar to the guys I mentioned.
                    Yeah Kyrie is really starting to come along nicely. I really like his game. Lebron does those things sometimes just never constant basics game by game. Lebron run in 2012 and 2013 if you include both the Finals and playoffs might be better ran than Kobe ever had as much as I hate to admit it. Lebron was terror on both sides of ball turned it up when his team needed it be was playing historic basketball in Miami other than 2011 choke job against Mavericks.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I like the way the Cavs are playing basketball. It's like during the season they were going through the motions, and decided to start moving the ball when the playoffs started.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                        I like the way the Cavs are playing basketball. It's like during the season they were going through the motions, and decided to start moving the ball when the playoffs started.
                        Yep. Agree with you. This was Griffin and Lue's vision. Let's see if they can keep the offense fluid, and stay healthy. Who knows...

Comment

Yep. Agree with you. This was Griffin and Lue's vision. Let's see if they can keep the offense fluid, and stay healthy. Who knows...
                          I think shooting off balance/off one foot JR is my favorite player lol. They were locked in from beyond the 3 point line.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                            I think shooting off balance/off one foot JR is my favorite player lol. They were locked in from beyond the 3 point line.

@4:37

Comment

@4:37
                              With the off the head pass lol.

Comment

• The Cavs really won't have any competition until the finals imo. 20+ 3's again tonight. Bring on Miami.

Comment

Working...
                                X