No announcement yet.

NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Curry is really good at basketball. I know...I'm stupid, but every time I watch him play he amazes me one way or the other. Dude is ridiculous. LeBron still does that, but not as often, because I'm so used to it. It's going to take a while to get used to seeing Steph set shots up off the dribble, and smoke them at 30ft like that. It's unnatural. Like MJ shooting a free throw with his eyes closed. Steph damn there does it from the three point line. The only other guy I know who does that is JR Smith, but Smith doesn't do all of the other things that Steph does offensively.

I agree with what LeBron said, though. I think how you look at the MVP award determines who should win. That said, I would've given it to Steph last year and this year.

Comment

• 67-15, and now they need a magic show to stay alive....wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
        No way. Maybe lebron a couple years ago but Curry is the new king of the NBA.
        All Curry does is shoot and pass. He took 2x as many 3's as anyone in history. If either Love or Irving had been healthy last year, LBJ would have had the ring
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
          All Curry does is shoot and pass. He took 2x as many 3's as anyone in history. If either Love or Irving had been healthy last year, LBJ would have had the ring
          Curry made 402 3's and shot 45 percent doing so. Just think about that. The guy averaged 30 points a game and sat out something like 18 4th qrts. The guy shoots like 50 percent from 30 ft. The avg is like 10 percent. All he does is shoot and pass? The dude has probably the best handles outside of irving and he can drive to the hoop with the best of them. The kid is ridiculous. Like I said I may have taken Lebron a couple years ago but not now. Curry is the face and the best player in the NBA now. I agree with the last part you said though.
          sigpic

Comment

• Steph is the best in the league, especially at scoring but Lebron is obviously a better defender, a better rebounder, and better at assists imo. Steph is the MVP, no arguing that. But there's no way Kawhi Leonard is better than Lebron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
              67-15, and now they need a magic show to stay alive....wow.
              Lol, overrated. Where's blood at? He was going on and on earlier in the year about San Antonio.

Comment

• I just wish the Nuggs had a Lebron, Durant or Curry.
                sigpic

Comment

• LBJ's the most complete player of the past 10-15 years
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                    Lol, overrated. Where's blood at? He was going on and on earlier in the year about San Antonio.
                    You know I was coming in here to eat crow on obviously being wrong about the level of competition the warriors had this year.

But you really have to call me out like this?

Because your such an educated basketball fan that you predicted the Thunder in 6?

Nobody saw this coming outside of thunder fans man. I can't help that. I've never seen a Poppavich team just give up like they have tonight.
                    sigpic

Comment

LBJ's the most complete player of the past 10-15 years
                      Tim Duncan says hello
                      sigpic

Comment

• CP bet on the GSW/OKC series? I have OKC in 7

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                          Tim Duncan says hello
                          Duncan? Please give me a break. His offense is just a jump shot, he has no post game & his D isn't great. He doesn't rebound, block, pass, or run like LeBron

Comment

CP bet on the GSW/OKC series? I have OKC in 7
                            ill take that bet although I dont think it will be easy for the Warriors
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              You know I was coming in here to eat crow on obviously being wrong about the level of competition the warriors had this year.

But you really have to call me out like this?

Because your such an educated basketball fan that you predicted the Thunder in 6?

Nobody saw this coming outside of thunder fans man. I can't help that. I've never seen a Poppavich team just give up like they have tonight.
                              Dude, lighten up. I was joking around. No need to take it personally.

Comment

Duncan? Please give me a break. His offense is just a jump shot, he has no post game & his D isn't great. He doesn't rebound, block, pass, or run like LeBron
                                This might be the dumbest thing you have ever said on these boards.

Sure now at 40 Duncan can't do anything better than Lebron. But you said 10-15 years ago when Lebron was just getting started.

Do I really need to remind you what happened the first time Lebron faced the Spurs in the finals?

Duncan was much better defensively back then. All around he was a better player. He just wasn't as offensively gifted as Lebron.

But in his prime Duncan was far from just a jump shot guy.

He absolutely 100% had a post game, could shot threes, he blocked with the best of them and does pass.

If you seriously thought I was comparing 40 year old Duncan to Lebron that's pretty hilarious.

But if you really think all of what you said defined Duncan 10 years ago you clearly don't follow basketball much.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X