NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I did drop it with that last post. It's all good.
    I do admit I took it too far so I apologize for that.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Excuses.

Lebron has not always been an elite defender. He grew into it. Early on he was just an elite offensive force.

I would bet you even Elway and spice as Cavs fans would tell you Duncan was more complete at 27 than Lebron was at 21-22? When they met in the finals.
      ...yeah. I wouldn't totally disagree with that. To clarify, LeBron has never been an elite on the ball defender. He's usually a good one. Off the ball/help is where he makes his money, and his athleticism and desire show. He's not w/o his flaws. He plays lights out in the playoffs, but in the regular season you see him doing some dumb stuff defensively.

What is crazy about Cleveland, is Kyrie steps up defensively in the playoffs as well. He's like a different player.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
        Everyone has needed a team around them to get a ring
        But courting other free agents to get together and create a super team? The Spurs drafted their big three. Again, good for him it worked out like that, but it would have been nice to see a team created around him and winning.

Comment

• Lead is down to 13 with plenty of time left.
          sigpic

Comment

• Duncan who according to Humcalc only shoots jumpers hit a three with under 5 seconds to send the Spurs to a finals that would've been their 6th ring only to see Derek fisher hit the dagger on the other end at the buzzer.

But Duncan still hit his clutch three first.
            sigpic

Comment

• Cough cough. Thunder have been known to choke in the 4th.

Comment

• Cavs vs Warriors rematch. I like the way my Cavs are playing right now. I think we have a shot.

Imagine that? My Buckeyes win a national title, then the Broncos win the Superbowl, and then the Cavs possibly. What else could I ask for?

Comment

• Yeah it's over but I'm fine with that.

I know I was talking them up a few weeks ago but I hate the Spurs. I just respect their dominance.
                  sigpic

Comment

I do admit I took it too far so I apologize for that.
                    It's cool man.

Comment

That doesn't make him a more complete player. And no he did not do it all. He just scored it all. Which would fit under how you categorized Curry this year.

That pistons game that Lebron is so famous for. The reason he had to score every possession? Because they couldn't stop Detroit from scoring every possession. What Lebron did offensively was amazing. But let's not pretend like he was killing it on defense.

At that stage in time Duncan was a complete player. And your excuse of a better team is completely invalid to the discussion.
                      In 2006 LBJ led his team in both points & assists. He's only a handful of players to average 26, 6, and 6 in a season
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

In 2006 LBJ led his team in both points & assists. He's only a handful of players to average 26, 6, and 6 in a season
                        You're again only backing your argument of most complete player with offensive stats.

There's more to basketball than just offense.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                          Cavs vs Warriors rematch. I like the way my Cavs are playing right now. I think we have a shot.

Imagine that? My Buckeyes win a national title, then the Broncos win the Superbowl, and then the Cavs possibly. What else could I ask for?
                          In the past 6 years I've seen Auburn win one, lose one and the Broncos win one.

But the avs, nuggets and Rockies are all garbage.
                          sigpic

Comment

You're again only backing your argument of most complete player with offensive stats.

There's more to basketball than just offense.
                            That's easy to say when there's more than 1 good player on a team. Was LeBron supposed to guard everyone?

Don't be surprised to see a CLE/OKC rematch
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

That's easy to say when there's more than 1 good player on a team. Was LeBron supposed to guard everyone?

Don't be surprised to see a CLE/OKC rematch
                              You do realize that Lebron has had multiple super stars on his team right?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
                                You do realize that Lebron has had multiple super stars on his team right?
                                He is referring to when Lebron took down Detroit but then got curb stomped by the spurs.

Also I'll admit Lebrons first stint in Cleveland the only super stars he ever got were washed up by the time they got there.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X