Deng (7 seasons)

16 ppg
    6 rpg
    2 apg

Gallinari (4 seasons)

13 ppg
    4 rpg
    1 apg

So Deng has been more productive...longer. But Gallo is better?

Deng is still currently better too. As I said. You can play the potential game all you want, but right now Deng is better, and has been better it really isn't close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
      So you like to make your team worse? Just like you like to lose by more than less points?

Oh, you make it too easy Casey
      No, if we're talking RIGHT NOW, i take Deng, i'd agree Gallo has more potential, and as Amari said, when you got Rose on your team, you won't get as many looks as Gallo does.

Plus Deng is way better defensively, and can guard any player in the league pretty well.

Not disrespecting Gallo, but i'd take Deng at the moment. Very good player, but Deng for now.

Comment

• Another thing, Deng's defense is out of this world good. Like top 3 for his position good.

All the Nugget fans want to clamor how important defense is. Afflalo has just been TERRIBLE this year. But all of you want to say "WELL THAT'S OKAY THOUGH BECAUSE HIS D IS SO GOOD."

But no one brings it up for Deng. He is light years ahead of Gallinari in terms of defense.

So Deng is

A better scorer
        A better rebounder
        A better distributor
        A better defender

And does all this while playing with the current NBA MVP. Okay? Deng is better, this really isn't even an argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          No, if we're talking RIGHT NOW, i take Deng, i'd agree Gallo has more potential, and as Amari said, when you got Rose on your team, you won't get as many looks as Gallo does.

Plus Deng is way better defensively, and can guard any player in the league pretty well.

Not disrespecting Gallo, but i'd take Deng at the moment. Very good player, but Deng for now.
          Haha. You know I was giving you a hard time.

But I'd still take Gallo over Deng on this nuggets team.

We have AAA for our defense....we need a more explosive scorer and FT shooter -- which is Gallo.
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
            Another thing, Deng's defense is out of this world good. Like top 3 for his position good.

All the Nugget fans want to clamor how important defense is. Afflalo has just been TERRIBLE this year. But all of you want to say "WELL THAT'S OKAY THOUGH BECAUSE HIS D IS SO GOOD."

But no one brings it up for Deng. He is light years ahead of Gallinari in terms of defense.

So Deng is

A better scorer
            A better rebounder
            A better distributor
            A better defender

And does all this while playing with the current NBA MVP. Okay? Deng is better, this really isn't even an argument.
            I think you really underestimate Gallinari's defense. He is a very good defender, not saying he is better than Deng defensively but you are underestimating him.

I think Gallo is a better pure scorer, he can shoot the 3, hit mid range and gets to the FT line a lot and shoots 90% from the line.

All I'm saying is, if I am building a team for the future, I am taking Gallo over Deng everytime.
            sigpic

Comment

Another thing, Deng's defense is out of this world good. Like top 3 for his position good.

So Deng is

A better scorer
              A better rebounder
              A better distributor
              A better defender

Uhhh......that has been the whole argument for why Deng is better.

HIS DEFENSE.

Man, you truly are something. Welcome to the ignore list. You meet rare company -- yourself.

sigpic

Comment

• The nuggets are full of role players. Thats why they do so well they compliment eachother.
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Haha. You know I was giving you a hard time.

But I'd still take Gallo over Deng on this nuggets team.

We have AAA for our defense....we need a more explosive scorer and FT shooter -- which is Gallo.
                  Yeah, i know, it's all good.

Yeah, probably for your team, i'd agree since Gallo is your first option on offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                    I think you really underestimate Gallinari's defense. He is a very good defender, not saying he is better than Deng defensively but you are underestimating him.

I think Gallo is a better pure scorer, he can shoot the 3, hit mid range and gets to the FT line a lot and shoots 90% from the line.

All I'm saying is, if I am building a team for the future, I am taking Gallo over Deng everytime.

Once again. That's fine. But that was never the argument, the argument you were all trying to make was that CURRENTLY Gallo is better than Deng. Which I have proved to be 100% false. Deng is currently better at absolutely everything and has been for a longer period of time.

This isn't the "potential" game, where there's no winners or losers.

We're discussion who is better RIGHT NOW. And there's a winner and a loser.

Comment

Once again. That's fine. But that was never the argument, the argument you were all trying to make was that CURRENTLY Gallo is better than Deng. Which I have proved to be 100% false. Deng is currently better at absolutely everything and has been for a longer period of time.

This isn't the "potential" game, where there's no winners or losers.

We're discussion who is better RIGHT NOW. And there's a winner and a loser.
                      I don't think you can say the Deng is without question better than Gallo. Gallo is a better pure scorer at this point. So it depends, how do you build your team? Around defense like Thibodeau has done with Chicago? Or a more fast paced attacking style like Denver.

Gallo is a number 1 option. I don't think Deng is.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                        I don't think you can say the Deng is without question better than Gallo. Gallo is a better pure scorer at this point. So it depends, how do you build your team? Around defense like Thibodeau has done with Chicago? Or a more fast paced attacking style like Denver.

Gallo is a number 1 option. I don't think Deng is.
                        At this point you absolutely can.

Deng has been around longer, and has been better in every possible way.

He's scored MORE.

Rebounded MORE.

Distributes BETTER.

The stats don't lie. There is literally nothing that Gallo has been better at.

As I said.

If we want to discuss who will be better in 3 years, then we can. And Gallo very well might be better than Deng at that point. But that hasn't been the argument.

Comment

He's scored MORE.

Rebounded MORE.

Distributes BETTER.

As I said.

If we want to discuss who will be better in 3 years, then we can. And Gallo very well might be better than Deng at that point. But that hasn't been the argument.
                          We are talking about who is better right now....right?

Gallo has average more PPG than Deng has this year. Shot a better percentage. Shoots more FTs. Has less turnovers. Averages more steals.

I'll use a line from you, "The stats don't lie".
                          Last edited by Broncoholic3233; 02-01-2012, 01:46 PM.

sigpic

Comment

He's scored MORE.

Rebounded MORE.

Distributes BETTER.

As I said.

I like to watch film as opposed to look at stats. I watch every Nuggets game. And being a defensive coach myself, I watch the Bulls a lot because I really like Thibodeau's philosophy.

So I watch both Gallo and Deng a lot. Deng is the perfect compliment to Rose, he is a great role player for them. Gallo is a great scorer and improving in many other areas. If you were to trade the two IMO both would fail. Deng cannot be a number one scoring option, and I don't think Gallo would fit in as a role player with Chicago.

Talent wise both guys are very close, one is not demonstratively better than the other. So at that point deciding which is better currently just depends on what type of team you are building and what team they currently play on and what roles they have.

Because their play styles are so different I think it is tough to compare the two.
                            sigpic

Comment

We are talking about who is better right now....right?

Gallo has average more PPG than Deng has this year. Shot a better percentage. Shoots more FTs. Has less turnovers. Averages more steals.

I'll use a line from you, "The stats don't lie".
                              Your using a MICROSCOPIC sample size in a year where a Deng has missed several games.

Okay?

Use the years and years of stats we have to go by. And not a skewed tiny sample that has no meaning whatsoever right now. See what his line is at the end of the year, and bring it up then.

Comment

Your using a MICROSCOPIC sample size in a year where a Deng has missed several games.

Okay?

Use the years and years of stats we have to go by. And not a skewed tiny sample that has meaning no whatsoever right now. See what his line is at the end of the year, and bring it up then.
                                Oh, I get it. We can only use stats that benefit the guy you are arguing for.

Got it. :thumb:

But yeah, 3 years compared to 6 years is fair. Especially when Gallo started only 2 years his first year, compared to Deng starting over half the games his rookie year.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X