X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Looks like the Clippers will go down 2-0 again, without Kawhi Leonard. I doubt they can comeback from this one, if he doesn’t return.

I hope the Bucks can beat the Hawks. I don’t want Trae Young to win. I don’t really care for the ones that try to manipulate the rules instead of just playing the game. Same problem I have with James Harden. Stop hunting for fouls and just play the game.
    For me, it's not as much about the players as it is the league itself. This is what happens when you let everyone play zone all the time, and make it illegal to touch people on the perimeter. Centers become forwards, and everyone else becomes a shooting guard. Perimeter play dominates the league, and guards operate with general impunity. I don't like the NBA game anywhere near as much as I did in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's, but I don't necessarily blame the players. The players are just adapting to it. The game itself won't get fixed, because enough people apparently like to watch high stakes 21. It is what it is, but the game would improve if NBA officials simply stopped rewarding players for acting like they got fouled. If the defender isn't swiping, and the offensive player isn't attacking, don't call a reach foul. If the defender isn't underneath the space that a jump shooter launched from, don't call a landing space foul. Most importantly, if a defender isn't initiating contact, don't call a defensive foul. It's really that simple. Stop rewarding guys for running into people and faking contact.

I like instant replay though. You can't fix broken interpretation of the rules with instant replay, but you can at least make it uniform. It does suck that Phoenix got a free time out last night, but how about not letting them sit in a huddle with their coach from now on. I'm not trying to hear Van Gundy cry about it all night, when I just watched Paul George take 4 steps to the basket on a go ahead layup. You might as well let a guy take off from half court if you're giving him 4. I'd rather deal with game stoppage than trusting a group of dudes who can't see that to dictate what is and isn't the right call at the end of a game.

As far as the actual competition goes, I figured it would be Brooklyn and probably the Lakers before AD, Harden, and Kyrie went down. To his credit though, that's the best I've ever seen Durant play. That felt like his version of the Dirk Nowitzki '11 Finals. I got my first good look at Phoenix in the Lakers series though. That team is nuts. They play defense, and they have no weaknesses on offense. Post presence, ton of high percentage perimeter shooters, prime Ray Allen type of 2 guard, a true point guard (and an all time great) running the offense. Cameron Payne reminds me of Sam Cassell when he was with the Rockets. Good luck with that.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    I have really underestimated this Phx team. These guys are so confident

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Looks like Ben Simmons is long gone. Talk about lost confidence. Any good big man makes the dunk when presented to them. He must be really stressed under pressure.

Likely a trade waiting to happen. Could be a risky trade, or one with some serious upside if Philly tries too hard to trade him. After all if properly managed, he could become the player he should be once again.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Looks like the Clippers will go down 2-0 again, without Kawhi Leonard. I doubt they can comeback from this one, if he doesn’t return.

I hope the Bucks can beat the Hawks. I don’t want Trae Young to win. I don’t really care for the ones that try to manipulate the rules instead of just playing the game. Same problem I have with James Harden. Stop hunting for fouls and just play the game.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Not even sure the Bucks don’t get swept with a healthy Kyrie. That said it doesn’t make me one bit sad to see the last super team go down.

This NBA final four is the first time I think in my life it’s been not 1 single normal powerhouse team involved.
    I agree about Kyrie and and a healthy Nets team....maybe 4 or 5 games.

Phoenix seems interesting to me, especially if Paul is back soon. Same could be said for The Clippers with Kawhi. But Booker is such a talent.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    The Bucks are fortunate they came up against an injured team. If Harden is healthier and Irving plays, The Bucks don't get past game 6. I know, injuries happen, but depends who and how many top players.
    Not even sure the Bucks don’t get swept with a healthy Kyrie. That said it doesn’t make me one bit sad to see the last super team go down.

This NBA final four is the first time I think in my life it’s been not 1 single normal powerhouse team involved.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    I wonder if Kawhi’s knee is going to magically heal soon.

Clippers played tough but it wasn’t enough.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    The Bucks are fortunate they came up against an injured team. If Harden is healthier and Irving plays, The Bucks don't get past game 6. I know, injuries happen, but depends who and how many top players.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post

KD's size 18 shoes cost the Nets a dramatic win in regulation.
    Ironically- a 2018 article from NBA insider Chris Herring talks of how he wears a full size bigger shoe in games to give him the weightless feeling. It was talked about because he is frequently losing his shoes in games.

Man- that has to sting a little

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Amazing win by the Bucks. Can’t believe they pulled it off.
    KD's size 18 shoes cost the Nets a dramatic win in regulation.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Amazing win by the Bucks. Can’t believe they pulled it off.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    I wonder if Kawhi will be healthy for the conference finals.

There’s no way the Clippers win without him.
    I was really surprised with the Clippers depth, I think they have a great shot at taking the title. 3 big guys that can get key minutes is hard to overcome.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    I wonder if Kawhi will be healthy for the conference finals.

There’s no way the Clippers win without him.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    It appears to be survival of the fittest to some degree. I would love to see Brooklyn play with all 3 stars together, but that does not seem to be reality this year. If they did, I doubt anyone beats them. The Clippers showed resilience without Leonard. And other players have been missed, or are playing hurt.

Tough thing, when you deal with a pandemic for so long, and then injuries get the better of you. Sure, injuries happen, but it's the ole story, it's cool when the best teams go head to head, with all their skills.

In the end, the champ is the champ. Hopefully next year in sports we will be able to go a season without pandemic related influence. At this point, the odds are pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Well that is all she wrote for Utah.....
    That was a rough second half last night, but overall it was a really entertaining season and I think we are in good hands moving forward.
    Conley was desperately needed earlier, yet at the same time I think Conley/Mitchell is a bit undersized for series matchups. I'm not sure that is the guard combo we can keep running out there.
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 06-19-2021, 07:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X