Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Detroit just did another trade, Troy is doing this like he's playing a video game.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Pistons were busy on draft night. A lot of trades, including 3 first rounders. We didn't have a second round pick this year, so we traded for one.
    Our new GM Troy Weaver said he wanted to be aggressive in the draft and wants to be aggressive in free agency as well.

In terms of how the draft went for us selection wise, we got a point guard first, which was a need. Outside of Derrick Rose, we are very weak at point and had no future to build around once Rose retires or is traded.(Killian Hayes was our first pick. He looks like a solid selection, big frame point at 6'5, 200lbs. Great passer, huge floor IQ.)
    Our second first round pick was a forward, Isaiah Stewart. This pick confuses me, its seen as a reach for him, but not only that last year we drafted a forward with our first round pick, so that's back to back drafts where we have a first rounder that players forward....then with our 3rd first round pick we took another forward. Drafted Saddiq Bey, whom is viewed as one of the best shooters in this years draft and it's also believed this is a steal bc he was expected to go higher, some call him the best small forward in the draft. But again I mention we drafted a forward in the last draft in the first round, and before Bey, drafted a forward. That's 3 first round picks used on forwards in 2 drafts.

What this tells us is Sekou will likely be learning under Blake Griffin and be our future Power Forward.
    Isaiah will likely be our Center not forward, but will rotate at power forward as depth if we bring back Wood. But in general, he's our Center of the future.
    Bey will be the future at the small position and might start right away since we are weak there.

We did also get 2 small forwards during these draft trades, Trevor Ariza and Dzanan Musa. As well we got a center in a trade.(Tony Bradley)

We traded away Luke Kennard, so now we have a massive hole at starting shooting guard. Maybe this is where Troy will be aggressive in free agency.

We did also draft Saben Lee in the second to be a backup point to Killian. We also got Rodney McGruder in one of the trades...another back up guard.
    That was pretty busy indeed!!!

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Well it's confirmed....Klay has an Achilles tear and is out for the season. Poor guy.
    Well I’m not entirely convinced he isn’t Obi Toppin...

Seriously though, tough break for one of the most underrated players in the NBA

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Pistons were busy on draft night. A lot of trades, including 3 first rounders. We didn't have a second round pick this year, so we traded for one.
    Our new GM Troy Weaver said he wanted to be aggressive in the draft and wants to be aggressive in free agency as well.

In terms of how the draft went for us selection wise, we got a point guard first, which was a need. Outside of Derrick Rose, we are very weak at point and had no future to build around once Rose retires or is traded.(Killian Hayes was our first pick. He looks like a solid selection, big frame point at 6'5, 200lbs. Great passer, huge floor IQ.)
    Our second first round pick was a forward, Isaiah Stewart. This pick confuses me, its seen as a reach for him, but not only that last year we drafted a forward with our first round pick, so that's back to back drafts where we have a first rounder that players forward....then with our 3rd first round pick we took another forward. Drafted Saddiq Bey, whom is viewed as one of the best shooters in this years draft and it's also believed this is a steal bc he was expected to go higher, some call him the best small forward in the draft. But again I mention we drafted a forward in the last draft in the first round, and before Bey, drafted a forward. That's 3 first round picks used on forwards in 2 drafts.

What this tells us is Sekou will likely be learning under Blake Griffin and be our future Power Forward.
    Isaiah will likely be our Center not forward, but will rotate at power forward as depth if we bring back Wood. But in general, he's our Center of the future.
    Bey will be the future at the small position and might start right away since we are weak there.

We did also get 2 small forwards during these draft trades, Trevor Ariza and Dzanan Musa. As well we got a center in a trade.(Tony Bradley)

We traded away Luke Kennard, so now we have a massive hole at starting shooting guard. Maybe this is where Troy will be aggressive in free agency.

We did also draft Saben Lee in the second to be a backup point to Killian. We also got Rodney McGruder in one of the trades...another back up guard.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Well it's confirmed....Klay has an Achilles tear and is out for the season. Poor guy.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

They could always trade 5 first rounders for Paul George.
    That's my one real issue with The NBA compared to the other usual big time sports (football, hockey, baseball), one star player can really make an impact, and usually overnight. I think basketball is a great sport, but small number of players on the court can be exploited in quick order. One player on a poor team can not be expected to take a team to the playoffs, but one stud added to a good team can lead to a championship. I do realize it's more than 5 players. You also need a quality bench.

Just imagine how some teams will be scrambling if Giannis is available next year.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Til yesterday, I was stating that we need to watch out for Golden State, given the return of their star players plus the #2 pick in the draft. Then Klay Thompson goes down, with possibly a serious injury. Almost unbelievable bad luck of late for the team if Klay's out for a long time.
    They could always trade 5 first rounders for Paul George.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Til yesterday, I was stating that we need to watch out for Golden State, given the return of their star players plus the #2 pick in the draft. Then Klay Thompson goes down, with possibly a serious injury. Almost unbelievable bad luck of late for the team if Klay's out for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Oklahoma piling up draft picks!! I last read that they could have up to 17 first rounders thru 2026!! Can you imagine the talent they could amass? Conversely, look at the trade possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    I’m happy with how the Nuggets draft ended up. Don’t know much about them but Nnaji appears to be a raw PF but he has athleticism and potential to stretch the floor. RJ Hampton seems to be another top HS prospect that fell because he played overseas vs going to the NCAA and injury problems. And then signing Markus Howard satisfied Malone’s obsession with sub 6 ft PGs but he’s a great shooter and that’s always good.

Probably doesn’t get us over the hump but maybe we can finally package some guys for a superstar

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Looking to see if my Pistons pull the trigger. They have been talking about moving up in the draft to get Lamelo Ball. They traded Bruce Brown to get rid of a guard to make room for Ball. Which is weird because they don't have Ball or the trade up in draft. If it happens I wonder what it will cost Detroit. Will it cost either Rose or Griffin plus multiple 1st round picks? Will it cost Luke Kennard and multiple first round picks?

This might be the most interesting draft for us Pistons fans because this will show if we as a organization has changed and ready to gamble to get great players, or are we still the same Pistons that have not had a good draft in 20yrs....
    hope you get what you want Blaze!

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Looking to see if my Pistons pull the trigger. They have been talking about moving up in the draft to get Lamelo Ball. They traded Bruce Brown to get rid of a guard to make room for Ball. Which is weird because they don't have Ball or the trade up in draft. If it happens I wonder what it will cost Detroit. Will it cost either Rose or Griffin plus multiple 1st round picks? Will it cost Luke Kennard and multiple first round picks?

This might be the most interesting draft for us Pistons fans because this will show if we as a organization has changed and ready to gamble to get great players, or are we still the same Pistons that have not had a good draft in 20yrs....

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    What are you looking forward to in tonight's draft? With many Nugget fans here, I am sure there will be some home town hopes, especially at pick 22! Being a Raptors fan, will have to wait patiently til 29.

I still say watch out for Golden State next season, after falling so sharply as a result of injuries. 2nd pick overall and players returning!

And the question that I have, will The Bucks prove to be smart, or did they give up their future with their recent deals?? If Giannis stays, it looks pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

What's crazy about this season, and LeBron having a guy like AD on his team, is he basically went into this season and said, "Meh. I'm just gunna lead the league in assists this year. I've never done that before." He gets into the playoffs, and he's like, "Well, tonight I think I'm just gunna dribble into the hoop and shoot layups over people all night." or "Tonight I'm just gunna jack threes, and go 6 for 9." It's always fun to watch legendary basketball players such as MJ, LeBron, and Kobe once they've mentally gotten to the point where they know exactly what they have to do to win games.
    There are great players in every sport. Sometimes we spend too much time trying to hand out GOAT awards, and get into it over rankings and such. But as you allude, why not just admire those who are great, for all they've done and how they did it.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    Didn't watch a minute of the finals, but Lebron showing why he's still the top NBA player in basketball at 35.
    What's crazy about this season, and LeBron having a guy like AD on his team, is he basically went into this season and said, "Meh. I'm just gunna lead the league in assists this year. I've never done that before." He gets into the playoffs, and he's like, "Well, tonight I think I'm just gunna dribble into the hoop and shoot layups over people all night." or "Tonight I'm just gunna jack threes, and go 6 for 9." It's always fun to watch legendary basketball players such as MJ, LeBron, and Kobe once they've mentally gotten to the point where they know exactly what they have to do to win games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X