No announcement yet.

The Fantasy Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is my first of three drafts. This one is $100 buy in. 12 teams, .5ppr, rest is standard 6pt td- 1pt rush/rec .....players in () are starters..

QB- (RG3,) Alex Smith
    RB- (Trich, Spiller, David Wilson,) Montee, Le'veon Bell, Bernard Pierce
    WR- (Bowe, Nelson), Cecil Shorts, Alshon Jeffrey
    TE- (Julius T)
    D- (Bucs)
    k- (Vinatieri)---aka colts
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Had my draft yesterday morning and I got to say I am pretty happy about it.

QB: P. Manning, P. Rivers
      RB: A. Foster, K. Moreno, F. Jackson, M. Ingram
      WR: R. White, E. Decker, J. Jones, T. Hilton
      TE: H. Miller, J. Thomas
      K: G. Zuerlien
      DEF: 49ers

Comment

• Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
        Had my draft yesterday morning and I got to say I am pretty happy about it.

QB: P. Manning, P. Rivers
        RB: A. Foster, K. Moreno, F. Jackson, M. Ingram
        WR: R. White, E. Decker, J. Jones, T. Hilton
        TE: H. Miller, J. Thomas
        K: G. Zuerlien
        DEF: 49ers
        Thats a pretty decent team.

You have 3 very good receivers to start (1 as the flex).

Miller is injured for at least the first month of the season. JT is a risky, but high upside pick.

The problem you have is at RB. Not sure who will start with Foster. Moreno is probably the best option but I think Ball and Hillman will steal some of his carries.

I would look into a trade or FA for another starting back.

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
          Here is my first of three drafts. This one is $100 buy in. 12 teams, .5ppr, rest is standard 6pt td- 1pt rush/rec .....players in () are starters..

QB- (RG3,) Alex Smith
          RB- (Trich, Spiller, David Wilson,) Montee, Le'veon Bell, Bernard Pierce
          WR- (Bowe, Nelson), Cecil Shorts, Alshon Jeffrey
          TE- (Julius T)
          D- (Bucs)
          k- (Vinatieri)---aka colts
          Pretty good team. I have RG3 as well.

I like T Rich (who I also have) and Spiller. Wilson is a good flex option.

JT is a sleeper with high upside, although there will probably be some rough weeks with him.

Not sure about the Bucs D. I would probably go to FA every week and just play the match-ups (maybe whoever is playing Oakland lol)

The interesting position is receiver. I think you could make a case for any of those 4 starting.

Bowe probably starts and is solid but Alex Smith has not looked downfield this pre-season and IMO is very limited.

Nelson is a decent option, although Cobb probably takes most of the attention.

Shorts will be the Jags #1 with Blackmon out and had a good season last year.

Jeffrey will play opposite Marshall and has looked really good this pre-season.

Comment

• Heres mine.... 6 pts passing TD and all the other points are standard

QB. Stafford, Cutler
            RB. Spiller, McCoy, D. Williams, Hillman
            WR. D Thomas, White, Bowe, Nelson, Austin
            TE. J Thomas
            D. Broncos
            K. Tucker
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
              Pretty good team. I have RG3 as well.

I like T Rich (who I also have) and Spiller. Wilson is a good flex option.

JT is a sleeper with high upside, although there will probably be some rough weeks with him.

Not sure about the Bucs D. I would probably go to FA every week and just play the match-ups (maybe whoever is playing Oakland lol)

The interesting position is receiver. I think you could make a case for any of those 4 starting.

Bowe probably starts and is solid but Alex Smith has not looked downfield this pre-season and IMO is very limited.

Nelson is a decent option, although Cobb probably takes most of the attention.

Shorts will be the Jags #1 with Blackmon out and had a good season last year.

Jeffrey will play opposite Marshall and has looked really good this pre-season.
              When did Blackmon get hurt?
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                When did Blackmon get hurt?
                He's suspended for the first 4 games

Comment

He's suspended for the first 4 games
                  That's right, sorry
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Thats a pretty decent team.

You have 3 very good receivers to start (1 as the flex).

Miller is injured for at least the first month of the season. JT is a risky, but high upside pick.

The problem you have is at RB. Not sure who will start with Foster. Moreno is probably the best option but I think Ball and Hillman will steal some of his carries.

I would look into a trade or FA for another starting back.
                    Oh man, I didn't even realize Miller was injured. Might have to pick up a different TE. I'm not to worried about RB right now, I picked up Foster as my first pick then didnt pick my next one until the 9th round, there always seems to be a back no one expects that comes out of nowhere that I will hopefully be able to pick up later on down the road.

Comment

• I can't wait for my draft to be over. It's keeping me awake at night, the different strategies and options keep running through my head, all the time

Comment

I can't wait for my draft to be over. It's keeping me awake at night, the different strategies and options keep running through my head, all the time
                        Some basic advice.

Make your first 2 picks RB's. There's a hug drop-off after the first 10-12 and thats where your points come from.

Leave QB until round 4-5. Chances are RG3, Luck, Newton, etc...... will still be there.

In round 3 take Jimmy Graham if he's there or the top WR remaining, should be a very good one still there.

In round 5-6 you will still get a very good #2 receiver.

Don't draft a D or a kicker until round 7-8, if at all.

Comment

Some basic advice.

Make your first 2 picks RB's. There's a hug drop-off after the first 10-12 and thats where your points come from.

Leave QB until round 4-5. Chances are RG3, Luck, Newton, etc...... will still be there.

In round 3 take Jimmy Graham if he's there or the top WR remaining, should be a very good one still there.

In round 5-6 you will still get a very good #2 receiver.

Don't draft a D or a kicker until round 7-8, if at all.
                          Here are my top choices:

Peyton Manning
                          Brees
                          Rodgers
                          Ryan
                          Cutler (Rounds 3+)
                          Weeden
                          Luck
                          RG 3
                          Bradford
                          Flacco
                          Wilson
                          Palmer
                          Freeman

AD
                          T-Rich
                          Alfred Morris
                          Rice
                          Forte
                          Stephen Jackson
                          Doug Martin
                          David Wilson
                          Lamar Miller
                          Montee Ball
                          Gio Bernard

Jimmy Graham
                          Tavon Austin
                          AJ Green
                          Roddy White
                          Julio Jones
                          Vincent Jackson
                          Dez Bryant
                          Jason Witten
                          Jordan Reed (a late round sleeper)

SEA
                          SF
                          ARI

Tucker K

Comment

• Personal thoughts -

QB -

Cutler and Weeden are way too high. Neither are starting QB's in FF. Wilson should be above Bradford and Flacco. Baltimore's passing attack looks really thin.

RB -

I would move Doug Martin up a few places. You have left out Marshawn Lynch who should be number 2 or 3 on that list.

WR / TE -

CJ should be number one. DT should be in that list somewhere. I like Tavon Austin and DeAndre Hopkins, but neither are top 15 fantasy receivers at this point.

Comment

Here are my top choices:

Peyton Manning
                              Brees
                              Rodgers
                              Ryan- NOT BEFORE ROUND 4
                              Cutler (Rounds 3+)- NOT AT ALL EVER
                              Weeden BACKUP QB ONLY
                              Luck WORTH A LOOK STARTING RD5- GREAT OPTION THIS YEAR
                              RG 3- I TOOK HIM IN RD 3- SUPER STUD
                              Bradford- BACKUP QB ONLY
                              Flacco- BACKUP QB ONLY
                              Wilson WORTH A LOOK NEAR RD 4-5
                              Palmer- AS A FLIER QB, IMO STILL BACKUP ONLY
                              Freeman-BACKUP QB

AD
                              T-Rich
                              Alfred Morris
                              Rice
                              Forte
                              Stephen Jackson
                              Doug Martin
                              David Wilson- 2ND OR 3RD RD IF LUCKY
                              Lamar Miller- 3RD RD
                              Montee Ball- 5TH AT EARLIEST
                              Gio Bernard -3RD ROUND AT EARLIEST
                              *****NO SPILLER? NO CHARLES? NO MCCOY? NO REGGIE BUSH?*********** BUSH IS GOING TO LIGHT IT UP!!!

Jimmy Graham- I PERSONALLY WOULD LOAD UP ON RBS AND WRS BUT WHATEVS
                              Tavon Austin- DO NOT REACH BEFORE RD 7 OR 8
                              AJ Green- SUPER STUD THIS YEAR
                              Roddy White
                              Julio Jones
                              Vincent Jackson - HE WENT IN RD 6 OR LATER IN ALL MY DRAFTS
                              Dez Bryant- SUPER STUD THIS YEAR
                              Jason Witten
                              Jordan Reed (a late round sleeper)

SEA
                              SF
                              ARI

Tucker K
                              THOUGHTS IN ALL CAPS....So interesting that you left of those RBs i listed....
                              So far:
                              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• My money league draft went super well. We don't allow keepers if you drafted them rounds 1-3, so I ended up with Kaep and Spiller as keepers. I also won the losers bracket last year so I got the 1st pick. 12 team, ppr.

I let some good TEs and D's get away, but overall I'm stoked and already thinking of ways to spend my grand. D's go earlier in this league than most, we score them rather high. Celek is a safe play but Cameron is a major sleeper imo. I always draft Tebow with my last pick for the lols, so after the draft I dropped him to sit on Percy

My second draft was ok, I had the 3rd or 4th pick in this one, Icr.

Comment

Working...
                                X