The Fantasy Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    The one thing I hate but like about fantasy football is how unpredictable it is because the real thing is unpredictable. My teams are stacked but we struggled big time last week. But oddly enough the one team that isn't really stacked but has some decent players is 8-1. Would be 9-0 if not for Dalton.
    I got offered a trade. I receive Jake Locker, and I give up Zac Stacy. My QBs currently are Dalton & Flacco. My RBs are Bush, Bernard, Knoshon, and Leveon Bell. Thoughts?
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Cutler or Pryor this week?

Comment

• I wouldn't do it keep your RB depth if Stacy stays hot he could be a good option down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
          I got offered a trade. I receive Jake Locker, and I give up Zac Stacy. My QBs currently are Dalton & Flacco. My RBs are Bush, Bernard, Knoshon, and Leveon Bell. Thoughts?
          Despite your insane amount of depth, that trade is still a joke. Locker's a borderline waiver wire player. I happen to have him on my roster right now because Kaep was on a bye and has a difficult matchup this week but after that, he's being dropped. Having a third mediocre QB on your roster won't help.

Seriously though, those RBs are ridiculous. All five of them are virtually every week starters and it's not a very deep position this year. You really need to be looking to upgrade the rest of your roster. For somebody like Stacy, I'd be trying to trade for package one of those mediocre QBs to upgrade to an elite quarterback. You'll have to do some looking around, but in my league, for example, I found somebody with Rodgers and Stafford and made him a similar offer. (I ended up taking it off the table that night since Rodgers got injured haha.) I'm not sure what WRs you have, but you can/should be doing the same there, too.

I'd also add that I think Stacy is your best back, surprisingly enough. Bush and Moreno are studs but my worry with them is either could go down to an injury at any time. If I were you, I would probably be looking to move Bell (on a bad team so it's possible he has bad weeks just because they're constantly throwing) and Bernard (time split situations are always tricky).

With that much talent, if you make the right moves, you should win your league.

Originally posted by JordanElyea View Post
          Cutler or Pryor this week?
          Wait to see if Cutler practices, and if so, how he looks to the media. I'd take Cutler against the Lions if healthy enough to play close to his normal level, but if there's some risk then you're probably better off with Pryor. He's almost guaranteed to get you points because of his running.

Comment

Keep Stacy. He has been playing well. Locker isnt a sure thing. If you could get Rivers or someone better then maybe.
            Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• What kind of workload will andre brown get in his first week back against the raiders?

Comment

Better to have RB depth than a 3rd mediocre QB. Zac is doing great, I have him in a couple of leagues. He's good for matchup flex situations and good depth in case of injuries to your starters. You won't be getting much with Locker that you won't get with Andy or Joe.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Terrance williams
                  Torrey smith
                  Oorrr Marvin jones???

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                    Terrance williams
                    Torrey smith
                    Oorrr Marvin jones???
                    I'd go with Terrance Williams. For those of you who offered opinions on my trade, I countered his offer. I offered him Mike James instead of Zac Stacy. He turned down my counteroffer, and discussions are done until next week
                    Last edited by HUMCALC; 11-08-2013, 06:22 PM.
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Which two rbs should i start?

Zac Stacy
                      Lamar MIller
                      DeMarco Murray

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                        Terrance williams
                        Torrey smith
                        Oorrr Marvin jones???
                        I'm starting Marvin Jones, both him and Williams are pretty much a lock to get at least 6 points, but I'd say Jones has a higher chance of putting up the numbers he has before last week. Andy just gotta get his act together. Jones is like Wes Welker. He catches the TDs while A.J(Demaryius) is the distraction/big body.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Okay, so I'm struggling with who to start this week. I have Peterson, Bush and Moreno as RBs. I played Peterson on Thursday, which was a good choice. Peterson is new to my roster as I traded Welker for him. But I was doing great with Moreno and Bush, so I kinda regret the decision, because now it will be a weekly battle between Bush and Moreno on who to play.

Bush seems like the better option this week because he's playing against a bad Chicago defense. Yet, Moreno is a fantasy monster right now. His X-factor is Peyton Manning (who is also my fantasy QB). I'm also considering if I should trade one of my RBs to keep me from pulling my hair out every week.

But who is the better option between Moreno and Bush?

Comment

• Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
                            Which two rbs should i start?

Zac Stacy
                            Lamar MIller
                            DeMarco Murray
                            Murray and Stacy

Originally posted by Saucy View Post
                            Okay, so I'm struggling with who to start this week. I have Peterson, Bush and Moreno as RBs. I played Peterson on Thursday, which was a good choice. Peterson is new to my roster as I traded Welker for him. But I was doing great with Moreno and Bush, so I kinda regret the decision, because now it will be a weekly battle between Bush and Moreno on who to play.

Bush seems like the better option this week because he's playing against a bad Chicago defense. Yet, Moreno is a fantasy monster right now. His X-factor is Peyton Manning (who is also my fantasy QB). I'm also considering if I should trade one of my RBs to keep me from pulling my hair out every week.

But who is the better option between Moreno and Bush?
                            Who do you have at flex? In almost all my leagues I have more than 3 good backs. So I usually start 3 backs unless they don't match up well vs that team then I'll throw in a WR.

Don't think you can go wrong with starting either, Bush might have a better game since Chicago's D is weak, and he always benefits when Calvin Johnson plays as he is also a target in the Lions passing game.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• I can only play two RBs, so having three good ones, I'm deciding who to keep benched. Peterson will probably play every week, so it will be week-to-week between Bush and Moreno.

But thanks! Bush probably is the better play. If Manning wasn't our QB, I don't know if Moreno would even be in my line-up.

Comment

• Rivers vs Denver
                                Or
                                Foles v GB

I am hoping we get to Rivers and force mistakes.
                                Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Working...
                                X