The Fantasy Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ehveek03 View Post
    Need help fellas . I'm drafting 2nd in my 10 team half point ppr league. I'm stuck between which running back to take , either McCoy or Forte. I would take Charles but I know the guy going number 1 and he said hes all over him.
    If he does indeed take Charles, then McCoy by a long mile.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Need help fellas . I'm drafting 2nd in my 10 team half point ppr league. I'm stuck between which running back to take , either McCoy or Forte. I would take Charles but I know the guy going number 1 and he said hes all over him.
      I'd definitely go McCoy, regardless of who goes first. The Chiefs OL is not as good this year IMO. I'm going first overall in my league (full point PPR) and I'm fairly certain I'm going with McCoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
        I'd definitely go McCoy, regardless of who goes first. The Chiefs OL is not as good this year IMO. I'm going first overall in my league (full point PPR) and I'm fairly certain I'm going with McCoy.
        See I thought this too , but you gotta consider the fact that the eagles brought in Darren Sproles. A big time threat out of the back field , he's known for his reception when he was with the saints , so you would think this is gonna affect McCoy a bit. I've been reading this same scenario on a lot of sites . Where as Matt Forte has no one one competing for his playing time , so he's due for another great season.

Comment

See I thought this too , but you gotta consider the fact that the eagles brought in Darren Sproles. A big time threat out of the back field , he's known for his reception when he was with the saints , so you would think this is gonna affect McCoy a bit. I've been reading this same scenario on a lot of sites . Where as Matt Forte has no one one competing for his playing time , so he's due for another great season.
          I know Sproles is going to get his catches, but I don't think it will dig into McCoy's time as much as some think. Their offense is looking to move faster, meaning more plays in general. I still don't see Sproles necessarily being the 70+ catch guy he was last year.

That being said, I wouldn't complain with anyone out of McCoy, Charles, Forte, or AP being taken first.

Comment

• Question guys n gals , scenario 2nd round I have option between leveon bell and gio Bernard in half point ppr league . Who do you take ?

Comment

• Gio.........
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Which team is better?

Team A:
                QB:Brady, Roethlisberger
                RB:Lynch, Morris, Reggie Bush, Ridley
                WR:Cobb, Andre Johnson, Mike Wallace, Marvin Jones
                TE: Vernon Davis, Antonio Gates
                Krater
                DEF: Chiefs, Packers

Team B:
                QB:Rodgers, Alex Smith
                RB:Lacy, Matthews, Reggie Bush, Ridley, Sproles
                WR:Cobb, Garcon, T.Y, Sammy, Emmanuel Sanders
                TE:Gates
                K:Vinatieri
                DEFenver
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Second team is better by far......Having said that. I have not done any research yet, i know I am way behind, but on paper before my research i like team two.
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    Which team is better?

Team A:
                    Krater

Team B:
                    DEFenver
                    Team A, IMO. Antonio Gates is done, with all due respect to his great career. He isn't a feasible starting TE option.

I would also take Alfred Morris over Ryan Mathews any day simply because of Mathew's injury history (although I admittedly think Mathews is a pretty good RB).

The two teams are close, but A's advantages at RB and TE give it an edge, for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      Which team is better?

Team A:
                      Krater

Team B:
                      DEFenver
                      I would say the second team. Gates isn't going to do much this season and although I think Johnson has seen his best years I think Wallace will bounce back. Jones should have a good season too.

Comment

Question guys n gals , scenario 2nd round I have option between leveon bell and gio Bernard in half point ppr league . Who do you take ?
                        Similar players but I think Bernard is in the better situation and will have score better in that type of a league.

Comment

• You guys think I should go RB heavy in the first few rounds , or WR heavy or maybe a balanced method . I'm in a 10 team ppr league

Comment

You guys think I should go RB heavy in the first few rounds , or WR heavy or maybe a balanced method . I'm in a 10 team ppr league
                            I usually don't pick anything other than RB until like round 5. Extreme strategy and probably flawed, but I find depth at that position and being able to play matchups guarantees you consistent play at that position. Also it's easier to find good QBs and WRs later in the draft/waivers than RBs.

Comment

• I usually draft running backs with the first 2 picks, then wide out . 4th pick would be who ever I feel is the best wide out or back on the board. 5th pick would be which ever position I didn't pick.

Think year is pretty deep with receivers and QBs. So you can draft 3 running backs with the first 3 picks. But I don't play in a PPR league so my drafting probably would have a different result in a PPR league.

You can get players like Foles, RGIII, or even Brady with your 6th or 7th pick. Players like Rivers, Dalton, Little Ben, or Cutler with 9th pick or later.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

You guys think I should go RB heavy in the first few rounds , or WR heavy or maybe a balanced method . I'm in a 10 team ppr league
                                I'm a bit different than some of the other guys. This year, if I didn't get Charles, McCoy, AP, Forte, or Lacy, then I wouldn't bother with RBs in the first round. It's too many question marks and with guys like Calvin, Dez, DT, and AJ you are getting studs with much less risk of injury. There are a lot of solid mid-round options at RB in a PPR (Joique, Rice, Pierre Thomas, Sproles). I picked 1st in a 12-team PPR and I had 2 RBs and 3 WRs in the first 5 rounds. I think something similar to that could work out well.

Comment

Working...
                                X