No announcement yet.

The Fantasy Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of which, I had my draft back on August 2nd (before any preseason games, so keep that in mind). How do you all think my squad turned out?

12-team PPR, I had the #1 pick

QB: Nick Foles, Josh McCown
    RB: LeSean McCoy, Doug Martin, Pierre Thomas, Bernard Pierce, Khiry Robinson, Knile Davis, Lance Dunbar
    WR: Antonio Brown, Michael Crabtree, Cordarrelle Patterson, Danny Amendola, Jordan Matthwes, Kenny Britt
    TE: Dennis Pitta, Delanie Walker, Travis Kelce

I didn't bother drafting a kicker or defense, I like to watch the preseason play out and have two roster spots at skill positions in case they look good. I'll grab a D and kicker before week 1. I stream defenses and I honestly don't care who my kicker is.

I'm a bit worried about QB and TE, but I think I can manage as I really like my RBs and WRs.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Ehveek03 View Post
        You guys think I should go RB heavy in the first few rounds , or WR heavy or maybe a balanced method . I'm in a 10 team ppr league
        It all depends on how the draft goes. I'd say go with the best available player. It's better to go with a stud wr than to reach for a rb. This is especially true in a ppr. That being said you probably do want to have a rb in the first couple of rounds.

Comment

• I'm thinking of joining a league for the first time by myself, should I start with an 8 team league? Keep in mind that I do watch A LOT of FOOTBALL! (Both college and NFL) Also should I do a snake or an auction?
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

You guys think I should go RB heavy in the first few rounds , or WR heavy or maybe a balanced method . I'm in a 10 team ppr league
            RB. There are 2-3 DOZEN WRs that you can win with
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
              RB. There are 2-3 DOZEN WRs that you can win with
              Even if there is a grade A receivership there in the 2nd round ? I'm going RB obviously in the 1st round I'm picking 2nd there's usually always a really good Wr there in the 2nd and not so much a RB ... Talking bout doing mocks of course

Comment

Even if there is a grade A receivership there in the 2nd round ? I'm going RB obviously in the 1st round I'm picking 2nd there's usually always a really good Wr there in the 2nd and not so much a RB ... Talking bout doing mocks of course
                I'd be much happier with a stud WR in the 2nd, depending on where you're picking. Alshon, Antonio Brown, Jordy are much safer than the RBs that are available in the 2nd. Considering you can potentially get Shane Vereen or Rashad Jennings in the 4th-5th rounds, I would go for the stud WRs in round 2 (and 3 if another one drops). Yes there are many great late round WRs, but grabbing a top RB only see him get injured or have a bad year is really tough on a team. I've won leagues many times with only 1 great RB, as long as you have a few stud WRs.

Comment

You can never say you will definitely pick a position no matter what. If you are picking 10th and 9 RBs have been taken you're not going to get as much value by taking the 10th best RB compared to taking the best TE/WR/QB in the game. You should go into the draft with an idea but there are too many variables to say I'm going RB-RB/RB-WR no matter what.

Comment

• Last season in a league of mine, a league that I have played with the same group of people the last 4 years, I came out of the draft with Manning, DT, Welker, and JT. I was crossing my fingers in hopes that I could duplicate that this year as well because, as you probably assume, I ran circles around all other teams in my league and won every one of my games last season except for the Broncos bye week and the week when the Broncos face planted Vs the Chargers.

I have a feeling others in the league likely knew how I had planned to draft because, unfortunately, Manning and DT were both taken before I even had my pick in the 1st round.

So after having my draft board basically destroyed within the first 6 picks in the draft, this is what I came away with...

QB - Matthew Stafford (4th pick)
                    WR1 - Calvin Johnson (1st pick)
                    WR2 - Dez Bryant (2nd pic)
                    WR3 - Larry Fitzgerald (5th pick)
                    RB1 - Chris Johnson (6th pick)
                    RB2 - Reggie Bush (7th pick)
                    TE - Julius Thomas (3rd pick)
                    K - Matt Prater (10th pick)
                    DEF - San Francisco (8th pick)

BN QB - Tony Romo (9th pick)
                    BN WR1 - Mike Wallace (11th pick)
                    BN WR2 - Reggie Wayne (14th pick)
                    BN WR3 - Mike Evans (16th pick)
                    BN RB1 - Lamar Miller (12th pick) *will drop if not named starter
                    BN RB2 - Knowshon Moreno (17th Pick)
                    BN TE - Antonio Gates (13th pick)
                    BN DEF - Houston (15th pick)
                    BN RB2 - Knowshon Moreno (17th Pick) *will drop if not named starter

I asked the guys in my league why no one wanted Mike Wallace and Reggie Wayne. The responses I got were basically that; Wallace is a wasted pick because a pile of garbage is throwing him the ball (Ryan Tannehill) and that Wayne is old and broken down and is only going to be the Colts 3rd WR.

I know my RB position is kind of week but Im banking on Johnson having a big year because of Rex Ryan's love of running the ball as well as the Jets situation at QB.

I could have had a slighly better draft but it would have resulted in like 8-9 players on my team all having the same bye week, and I didnt want that head ache. Im hoping that my Lions combo produces points for me like my Broncos combo did last season.
                    Denver Broncos
                    New York Yankees
                    New York Knicks
                    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• With Montee Balls stock dropping due to missing time, hes now a guy I really want. I think he can match Morenos output in the TD department from last season so that should put him as a solid top 5 or so back.

TE is where I will have to make the toughest decision, I want to draft one of the top guys, but I think both Pitta and Olsen could end up as top 5 guys.

Last season I played 3 great WRs as well as Julius Thomas, I didnt need much out of my RBs to stay in every game and eventually make/lose the Championship. I know there are tons of WRs but I am seriously thinking this strategy again- of course draft day decisions by people in front of you determine everything.

Comment

• I'd love your guys' input on my draft...

QB: Luck, Kaepernick
                        RB: Gerhart, T Richardson, Eddie Lacey, Devonta Freeman, Chris Ivory
                        WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Emmanuel Sanders, TY Hilton, Marvin Jones, Sammy Watkins
                        TE: Dennis Pitta, Charles Clay
                        D/ST: Seattle
                        K: Viniatieri
                        D/Flex: Jedeveon Clowney

It's a 10 team league, but a lot of people took QBs first round (Manning went first overall) and disregarded RBs until late. I think I nailed it, scored Luck in the 5th round, Kaep in the 14th. Barring injuries or stupidity on my part, I think I could win the championship with this squad.

Comment

• Strong at wide out. Weak at running back. Lacey is your only value there. Pretty much gambling on Trent returning to form and gambling on Toby being the main provider.I'd guess you arent in a standard h2h league. The only way your team would even make the playoffs is if its a ppr league.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• I had 7th pick in an 8-man league with my buddies. I've been the back-to-back champ so looking for the 3 peat. I had a draft strategy, but it immediately fell apart lol. Bold denotes starter as of now.

QB: Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton
                            RB: Adrian Peterson, Toby Gerhart, CJ Spiller, Joique Bell, Jeremy Hill
                            WR: DT, Antonio Brown, Cordarrelle Patterson, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Terrance Williams
                            TE: Jordan Cameron, Kyle Rudolph
                            FLEX: Reggie Wayne
                            K: Mason Crosby, Matt Prater (will cut Crosby once Prater returns)
                            D/ST: Denver
                            2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

• Here are my 2 mock drafts:

Draft 1-Snake. I had the #1 pick:

QB: P. Manning
                              RBs: Montee Ball, Alfred Morris, Toby Gerhart, Dri Archer, Lamar Miller, (This was an automatic pick, by accident)
                              Jeremy Hill, Terrance West, (Another accidental pick) Roy Helu

WRs: Roddy White, Dennis Pita, Mike Evans, Kendall Wright, DeAndre Hopkins

KC D/ST

LEGatron

Draft #2 Auction: (I had $200.)

QB: Matthew Stafford, Tannehill, and Dalton
                              RBs: Matt Forte, Alfred Morris, Blount, Ingram, Helu, and Bryce Brown
                              WRs: Keenan Allen, Patterson, Steve Smith, Julius Thomas, Mike Evans

TB D/ST

Dan Bailey K

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied. However I was one second away from getting Manning in both leagues

Comment

• This is my 8 league ppr team
                                Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
                                Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
                                Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR)
                                Arian Foster (Hou - RB)
                                Doug Martin (TB - RB)
                                Julius Thomas (Den - TE)
                                Toby Gerhart (Jax - RB)
                                Mason Crosby (GB - K)
                                St. Louis (StL - DEF)
                                Michael Crabtree (SF - WR)
                                Cam Newton (Car - QB)
                                Bishop Sankey (Ten - RB)
                                Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR)
                                Justin Hunter (Ten - WR)
                                Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)

What are your guys' opinion on possibly trading Calvin and Arian for Alshon Jeffery and Lesean??

Comment

Working...
                                X