• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    odd man out.

marshawn lynch @STL
    ben tate @JAX
    justin forsett ATL

i would say lynch is an obvious start any week but tate and forsett have more favorable match ups.

and then my QB's in a different league, who should i start?

drew brees @DET
    joe flacco ATL

normally i would for sure start brees but flacco has been good at home and brees is on the road against the best fantasy defense against the pass.

what do you guys think?

P.S anybody from DIVIII need not comment on my QB situation!
    I would stick with lynch and play forsett for the RB's. Especially now that they got rid of Harvin they will be leaning on him.

As far as your QB situation goes. I say you trade me drew brees for Kyle Orton (Whom I am more than happy to pick up off waivers) and start him
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
      They say to always stick with your ones (Lynch) but I'd start Tate and Forsett this week. Start Flacco at QB.
      yeah i agree with you, just wanted to hear someone else say it. i have a hard time sitting lynch though, he's been my work horse in both my leagues this year and last year as well.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        Dude offered me a trade, Alex Smith for Eddie Lacy....i turned that down the second I got the email.
        I had one of these the other day too. Guy offered me (in a ppr league) Delanie Walker and Chris Ivory for Antonio Brown and Heath Miller. In my response to him I put the following: "either you are delusional or you think i'm the absolute worst 1st place FF player ever...either way no thanks."
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
          I would stick with lynch and play forsett for the RB's. Especially now that they got rid of Harvin they will be leaning on him.

As far as your QB situation goes. I say you trade me drew brees for Kyle Orton (Whom I am more than happy to pick up off waivers) and start him
          what the hell??? i didn't know they traded harvin until i just read your post, that sucks because i have him in my other league and now he is on the jets??? :brick:

i will trade you drew brees for aaron rodgers, that sounds like a better idea!
          sigpic

Comment

• Big question for my lineup this week:

Would you start Ronnie Hillman or Mark Ingram today (coming off an injury but should get the bulk of the carries)? My top 2 RBs are on a bye week, so I'm plugging holes here with backups. I only hesitate on Hillman because SF is so stingy on run defense and we haven't exactly run the ball well this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoCanuck View Post
              Big question for my lineup this week:

Would you start Ronnie Hillman or Mark Ingram today (coming off an injury but should get the bulk of the carries)? My top 2 RBs are on a bye week, so I'm plugging holes here with backups. I only hesitate on Hillman because SF is so stingy on run defense and we haven't exactly run the ball well this year.
              Mark is up against Detroit no? I'd go with Hillman.
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Joique Bell, Andre Williams, or Storm Johnson. If Reggie was out again it would be an easy decision.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                  Joique Bell, Andre Williams, or Storm Johnson. If Reggie was out again it would be an easy decision.
                  I'd start Storm personally, but it's a gamble (especially if Jax falls behind quickly). I have Bush as a backup RB and I just can never start him due to the committee approach in Det.

Comment

• I just contradicted my own advice and decided to roll with Bush instead of the other two Have to take chances during bye weeks....

Comment

• Once again Peyton and Demaryius came to my rescue, put up about 2/3 of my points. Giovani underperformed and so did Gronk and Julio Jones.

Came out with a win though and that's what's important

Comment

• Dominant fantasy weekend for me. Walked over almost every team, only lost in 3 leagues out of 21(18-3 this week).
                        Probably would've won those 3 games if I started Welker and Olsen. Injuries to Jackson also slowed me down a little.

So with Alfred Morris being banged up, Jackson being out, and Spiller out. I'd assume folks might be looking for a running back or 2. So here is my top free agent backs available in most leagues.

Ronnie Hillman- Still out there in free agency. As I've said before on this site, Ronnie is a weapon if he can hold onto the ball. Same goes for this coming game, if he gets the ball and holds onto it, he should be able to produce at least 8 points. ESPN predicts he'll get 11, NFL.com predicts 12.

Antone Smith- He's only owned in less than 11% of leagues, really going under the radar. His success this week might rest on the play of the rest of the offense. So I'd say add him to the team, but only start him if you have too.

Denard Robinson- Shoelace had a big game, he could have a similar game this Sunday..and every Sunday if Jacksonville uses him.

Tre Mason- Has looked good with the disappearance of Zac Stacy, but against KC it's gamble. But I'd say start him if you have to but give em a roster spot.

If you need a defense, Colts defense seems to still be available for most leagues. Also the Packers, Green Bay has more fantasy points than the Broncos defense. The defense is pretty similar to the same defense that helped win the Super Bowl. They are getting turn overs and players like Nick Perry and Julius Peppers are helping Clay get pressure on QBs.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• How would you guys have handled this?

I had a team in my legue offering an absurdly lopsided trade involving Calvin Johnson (it is a keeper league) the trade was a swing for the rest of the season of about 150 points with one side gaining 85 the other losing 65 points in the deal. The trade got vetoed, they imediately put up the exact same trade no changes made. I politely pointed out that the league vetoed that and asked for them to respect it. They said they would modify the trade. They did so and it then was around a 110 point swing, better but still very lopsided. It again got vetoed.

I logged in the next day and lowe and behold the team that holds Calvin Johnson is dropped (this is a father/son. Team with Calvin Johnson is Father, the other team is his son) The son not even 1 minute latter picked Johnson up (and of course the dad for posturing posted a message saying I don't really need Calvin Johnson and want him off my roster he's availible for whoever wants him as I am dropping him) He says he dropped him because he really wanted to win now and wanted to pick up geovahni bernard to help him do so.

My brother the co-commisioner called them out on it and suggested it was cheating which really pissed them off, they threw a big fit and I removed them.

Would you guys agree I was right here? In my mind there is no way someone is stupid enough to drop Johnson on a whim and then have his son (who claims he had Johnson on his watchlist) imediately picks him up. To me it was a clear case of cheating the system to allow the son to improve his 2-4 team while the 5-1 father who is stacked with talent is uneffected.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I think you and your brother made the right move. I have no experience with keeper leagues, but this happens even in standard leagues where 2 friends or family members would trade players to benefit one side.

It's cheating in my book and you guys made the right decision and they clearly tried to pull one over your head, not knowing you have the common sense to pick up on it.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                              I think you and your brother made the right move. I have no experience with keeper leagues, but this happens even in standard leagues where 2 friends or family members would trade players to benefit one side.

It's cheating in my book and you guys made the right decision and they clearly tried to pull one over your head, not knowing you have the common sense to pick up on it.
                              They were pissed that we even had a veto set up because "if I can convince someone to do a trade then what right do you have to say if it's fair"

We've had a pair of friends in our league that one of them would draft then trade his best players to his buddy and then fail to set his team the rest of the year. We set the veto up BECAUSE of that. And those players are no longer invited.

All that aside it's crap like this that will make it so I'm not running a league anymore, I'll let my brother handle it from now on...so much freaking drama.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Giovani Bernard got me less then two points last week. Should I play him vs Bal which has a very good run defense or should I roll with Amhad Bradshaw vs Pitt?

Comment

Working...
                                X