The Fantasy Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Lol I just pay close attention to players, plus I enjoy get lesser known and lesser drafted players on rosters. And its a good thing to do, going around letting people know about players they could likely sign. Miller always ends up on one or more of my teams every year. Its one reason why I never draft tight ends early, because I know I can get a Heath Miller, Chandler, Ertz type tight end with a very late pick or even the last pick. Its one of many reasons why the teams I post look stacked.
    Tyler Eifert wasn't even drafted in my league. Was stoked when I saw that

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
      I noticed in one of my leagues someone already dropped CJ Anderson. I know he hasn't given an expected performance by any means the first couple games, but was surprised he was dropped. I attempted to get him on my bench, so he can sit and wait a little til our offense gets it's together. What are the thoughts on that?

I seem to have all the luck in the world in that league... but vice versa in my other league. Guess it all evens out.
      I'm just waiting for him to get dropped so I can stash him. I need a solid second RB and he has the talent to put up good numbers. Hillman is still a FA in my league so I'm watching him too.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        Tyler Eifert wasn't even drafted in my league. Was stoked when I saw that
        Seen him go undrafted in a couple leagues as well, still a FA in I think one league. People usually go for the high profile tight ends like Witten, Gates, Davis, Gronk, Kelce, and Graham. Hell in a few of my leagues Thomas was going off the board early.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I'm just waiting for him to get dropped so I can stash him. I need a solid second RB and he has the talent to put up good numbers. Hillman is still a FA in my league so I'm watching him too.
          Sounds like we're on the same page. I think he'll be back to much higher stats in the near future...
          sigpic
          Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Blake Bortles or Cam Newton this week? Good matchups for both, but Cam might not have to throw as much while Bortles may be in a shootout.

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
              Seen him go undrafted in a couple leagues as well, still a FA in I think one league. People usually go for the high profile tight ends like Witten, Gates, Davis, Gronk, Kelce, and Graham. Hell in a few of my leagues Thomas was going off the board early.
              Even Jared Cook went undrafted and no one picked him until I dropped Davis (12th round). Have to start Cook since my opponent has Bell coming back, even if Bell doesn't get huge numbers the Steelers should still be able to put up points so Cook should have a good game being the top target against a suspect pass defense

Comment

Blake Bortles or Cam Newton this week? Good matchups for both, but Cam might not have to throw as much while Bortles may be in a shootout.
                I would do Newton, just because I think he has a better matchup against the saints...
                sigpic
                Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                  I would do Newton, just because I think he has a better matchup against the saints...
                  I'm leaning towards Bortles especially now that Brees is officially out. Newton shouldn't have to do as much. Bortles has two legit receivers in Robinson and Hurns and the Pats secondary looks weak. Plus the Pats should score a lot which will force Bortles to pass more

Comment

I'm leaning towards Bortles especially now that Brees is officially out. Newton shouldn't have to do as much. Bortles has two legit receivers in Robinson and Hurns and the Pats secondary looks weak. Plus the Pats should score a lot which will force Bortles to pass more
                    Your reasoning make sense, I hadn't looked at from the point of the other opposition forcing a better game before. My thoughts were that NE defense has shown up quite a bit more this year than the Saints have, and Bortles is young QB in the league. Bortles is looking good though, and I agree he has some good WR's. I just got lucky in picking up Robinson this week.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I'm actually tempted to trade AJ Green for Robinson and CJ Anderson. I think Green is overrated and Robinson is a rising star IMO. Plus I need another RB so I'm hoping Greens name value will net me the extra RB. But I'm going to hold off a week or two before I attempt that trade

Comment

• Stuck with a flex decision:

Doug Martin
                        Allen Robinson
                        David Johnson

Doug and Robinson are have tough matchups against Houston and NE respectively. Although Johnson has been a TD machine, I can't ve sure he'll get enough touches.
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                          Stuck with a flex decision:

Doug Martin
                          Allen Robinson
                          David Johnson

Doug and Robinson are have tough matchups against Houston and NE respectively. Although Johnson has been a TD machine, I can't ve sure he'll get enough touches.
                          I'd go with Robinson. Patriots secondary is weak IMO and I doubt Bortles will throw 3 INTs like Taylor but he might get the same amount of TDs.

I do think Martin is back to his rookie form though. While the Texans have done well so far I could see Martin getting his first TD of the season.

Arians head is stuck in his rear end so Johnson won't get as many touches as he deserves. And after 3 TDs in 2 games I don't expect him to score again this week.

Comment

• I have some advice......from a rookie yet. Do not make roster decisions over one game, or even two. Some players will make you ill and then turn everything around. Conversely, watch out for one hit wonders!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              I have some advice......from a rookie yet. Do not make roster decisions over one game, or even two. Some players will make you ill and then turn everything around. Conversely, watch out for one hit wonders!
                              Definitely, there is always a purge where people panic and go dropping players for short lived points. "Damn CJ is struggling, I'll drop him for Deanglo Williams"

Then CJ will go on a streak and Levon Bell will return....

Its a long season, you might have to drop a game or 2 before you really start to see results.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                I have some advice......from a rookie yet. Do not make roster decisions over one game, or even two. Some players will make you ill and then turn everything around. Conversely, watch out for one hit wonders!
                                It's true ... It's kinda hard to base on as well when we're only a few games into the season. I expected more from Randle the first two weeks of the season. However, with Dallas dividing everything up between their runners, I didn't feel he had enough opportunity so I benched him this week. He had 3 touchdowns today, and I think close to ninety yards. With Romo out last week most the game he didn't seem to get more touches so I didn't think twice about benching him.

I guess I'm glad I didn't drop him, but just benched him. Maybe he will start getting more touches with Romo out.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X