The Fantasy Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
    It's true ... It's kinda hard to base on as well when we're only a few games into the season. I expected more from Randle the first two weeks of the season. However, with Dallas dividing everything up between their runners, I didn't feel he had enough opportunity so I benched him this week. He had 3 touchdowns today, and I think close to ninety yards. With Romo out last week most the game he didn't seem to get more touches so I didn't think twice about benching him.

I guess I'm glad I didn't drop him, but just benched him. Maybe he will start getting more touches with Romo out.
    Lol I dropped him. I intended on waiting for a game like this to trade him but I wanted the extra roster spot.

Crazy thing is, if I kept him and started him (like I intended to before I overthought things) I would have had 150 points. If I went with Cam and Steve Smith and Ebron I could have got 200
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 09-27-2015, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      Lol I dropped him. I intended on waiting for a game like this to trade him but I wanted the extra roster spot.

Crazy thing is, if I kept him and started him (like I intended to before I overthought things) I would have had 150 points. If I went with Cam and Steve Smith and Ebron I could have got 200
      lol - that's fantasy football for you! I just laughed when I was checking stats on my break, and saw that it was the start of the second quarter and Randle had 22 points.... thought Man, I can't win....

Told you to start, Cam...

I'm super happy just picked up Smith this week, and started him ... Didn't expect him to be my high scorer today.
      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• 200 would have looked real nice, I'll settle for 145 and the 65 point win over one of the best teams in the league though lol

Comment

• This whole fantasy thing is genius! I mean, the way this thing is run, the way it gets people interested in pretty much every team, the way it changes your thinking towards the game.......all adds up to more interest in the league. This may be obvious to most if not all, but this is my first year at it, and I totally get the intent....to get more active supporters, and to widen the interest beyond the usual favourite teams, to include the entire league. Hey, you would not catch me watching certain teams, or games, but if I or an opponent has one or more players in the game, I will definitely be checking in from time to time.

It's brilliant, and dare I say, it may also be addictive.

Oh yes, lets not forget that gambling of any sort is a huge aspect of sports.

Comment

• I got Gurley as a steal. Finally paid off. Drafted Austin too, maybe he can fill his potential with Foles now at qb.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThundersCome View Post
              I got Gurley as a steal. Finally paid off. Drafted Austin too, maybe he can fill his potential with Foles now at qb.
              Attempted to trade for him while he was hurt, the owner ended up dropping him. Didn't start him yesterday (Ivory/Peterson) but needless to say I was happy to see that. Peterson was actually my worst RB with Doug Martin having a good game as well.

Got a taco bye this week, put up the least amount of points and still won by 60

Comment

Attempted to trade for him while he was hurt, the owner ended up dropping him. Didn't start him yesterday (Ivory/Peterson) but needless to say I was happy to see that. Peterson was actually my worst RB with Doug Martin having a good game as well.

Got a taco bye this week, put up the least amount of points and still won by 60
                Nice pick up for you! I can't fathom why someone would DRAFT him but then release him right before he is scheduled to return, but hey good swoop by you! .

I have Lacy and McCoy but McCoy hasn't looked good and even sat out this week, so Gurley has been crucial for me. Hopefully he continues to produce because I'm going to need him!

Comment

• Cam Newton
                  Blake Bortles
                  Adrian Peterson
                  Chris Ivory
                  Doug Martin
                  Todd Gurley
                  Ronnie Hillman
                  Aj Green
                  Brandon Marshall
                  Keenan Allen
                  Steve Smith
                  Percy Harvin
                  Tyler Eifert
                  Eric Ebron

Right now I'm working on trading Smith and Harvin for Dez Bryant. Also thinking about turning around and trading Allen for Julius Thomas. What do you guys think of those trades?

Comment

• Right boys and girls, I need some help. My team resembles a hospital at the moment so a few decisions have to be made. I'm even looking for your help CanDB even though you have been wrong lately in ranking Rodgers over Brady and thinking Wilson is a good QB :thumb:

I'm 1-3 so need a win.

Luck is injured so should I go - Bradford at home to N.O / A Smith at home to CHI / T Taylor at TENN

Ebron is injured so should I go - Owen Daniels at OAK / Richard Rodgers at home to STL

Lynch/Hill/K Williams are all in doubt so should I go (already played Gore) - Dion Lewis @ DAL / Rawls @ CIN / D Johnson @ DET / C Sims at home to JAX

B Marsh is on a bye so should I go (need 2) - B Cooks @ PHI / R Randle at home to SF / P Garcom @ ATL / M Jones at home to SEA / T Benjamin @ BAL

Thanks peeps

Gooooo BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      Right boys and girls, I need some help. My team resembles a hospital at the moment so a few decisions have to be made. I'm even looking for your help CanDB even though you have been wrong lately in ranking Rodgers over Brady and thinking Wilson is a good QB :thumb:

I'm 1-3 so need a win.

Luck is injured so should I go - Bradford at home to N.O / A Smith at home to CHI / T Taylor at TENN

Ebron is injured so should I go - Owen Daniels at OAK / Richard Rodgers at home to STL

Lynch/Hill/K Williams are all in doubt so should I go (already played Gore) - Dion Lewis @ DAL / Rawls @ CIN / D Johnson @ DET / C Sims at home to JAX

B Marsh is on a bye so should I go (need 2) - B Cooks @ PHI / R Randle at home to SF / P Garcom @ ATL / M Jones at home to SEA / T Benjamin @ BAL

Thanks peeps

Gooooo BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!
                      Eagles aren't in good place right now, I wouldn't suggest Bradford. So far, Smith's worst game was against Denver's great defense, and Chicago's defense doesn't compare. Taylor would also be a good choice, but I think the best match up is Smith @ home.

Oh'my it sound's like you and me have the same team. All your players you mention as injured are the one's I have on my bench due to injury. Richard Rodger's would be my suggestion, just based on previous games ... Rodger's is one of Rodger's many choices, but I think you have a better opportunity with him, as opposed to Owens.

Dion Lewis @ Dallas. When I was watching him for a while it seems he's consistent at about 10+ points a game... Matt Jones was a fluke I think.....

I would say Randle against SF, or Benjamin @ Ravens. I think either would be decent.

Just to advise I'm also 1 - 3, I would like to say it's because of injuries ... but keep that in mind when you read my advice!

Good Luck!
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• I'd go with Taylor (qbs that can run are cheat codes in fantasy), Owen Daniels because Oakland doesn't know that you're allowed to cover or tackle TEs, dion Lewis against Dallas, and Benjamin and cooks at WR.

I think Cooks breaks out this week against a suspect secondary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                          Eagles aren't in good place right now, I wouldn't suggest Bradford. So far, Smith's worst game was against Denver's great defense, and Chicago's defense doesn't compare. Taylor would also be a good choice, but I think the best match up is Smith @ home.

Oh'my it sound's like you and me have the same team. All your players you mention as injured are the one's I have on my bench due to injury. Richard Rodger's would be my suggestion, just based on previous games ... Rodger's is one of Rodger's many choices, but I think you have a better opportunity with him, as opposed to Owens.

Dion Lewis @ Dallas. When I was watching him for a while it seems he's consistent at about 10+ points a game... Matt Jones was a fluke I think.....

I would say Randle against SF, or Benjamin @ Ravens. I think either would be decent.

Just to advise I'm also 1 - 3, I would like to say it's because of injuries ... but keep that in mind when you read my advice!

Good Luck!
                          Thanks for the advice, good luck to you as well. Lets get a W run going !!

Comment

I'd go with Taylor (qbs that can run are cheat codes in fantasy), Owen Daniels because Oakland doesn't know that you're allowed to cover or tackle TEs, dion Lewis against Dallas, and Benjamin and cooks at WR.

I think Cooks breaks out this week against a suspect secondary.
                            Thanks bro, hard to trust Cooks so I'm not sure whether to play him or not. I traded for him thinking he could have a big year but he just doesn't seem to be involved much and Brees isn't taking downfield shots. Even Brandon Coleman is getting more balls his way then Cooks

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                              Thanks bro, hard to trust Cooks so I'm not sure whether to play him or not. I traded for him thinking he could have a big year but he just doesn't seem to be involved much and Brees isn't taking downfield shots. Even Brandon Coleman is getting more balls his way then Cooks
                              He has definitely underperformed but this eagles secondary is more equipped to cover Coleman and colston. Snead and Cooks should get open more this week imo

Comment

He has definitely underperformed but this eagles secondary is more equipped to cover Coleman and colston. Snead and Cooks should get open more this week imo
                                yea thats true.

I need 2 of 4, who would you go with, Cooks - R Randle - D Lewis - T Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X