No announcement yet.

The Fantasy Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This year is pretty deep at QB, so if you're in a standard my advice would be to pass up on Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers. A QB steal would be Carson Palmer, whom is going between round 10 and undrafted.

Last season Palmer threw for 4018 yards and 22TD's with the Raiders whom OL is pretty equal to the Cards. But Oakland didn't have Larry Fitzgerald. So now Carson has Fitz, Michael Floyd, and a decent defense.

Carson IMO will have the type of season where he could start in a fantasy league PPR or standard. So having him and any other QB would be a good duo.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I heard there is a really great event next Thursday August 22nd at the Downtown Tavern!! Free food, drinks, prizes and there will be Broncos cheerleaders and Alumni. Starts at 5pm, here is the registration info http://www.denverbroncos.com/fans/fantasydraft.html

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        This year is pretty deep at QB, so if you're in a standard my advice would be to pass up on Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers. A QB steal would be Carson Palmer, whom is going between round 10 and undrafted.

Last season Palmer threw for 4018 yards and 22TD's with the Raiders whom OL is pretty equal to the Cards. But Oakland didn't have Larry Fitzgerald. So now Carson has Fitz, Michael Floyd, and a decent defense.

Carson IMO will have the type of season where he could start in a fantasy league PPR or standard. So having him and any other QB would be a good duo.
        You know for a while I have had the same thought, theres good depth dont overdraft one. But the more "rankings" and mocks I see or do I find that I can still get a great QB even just waiting one round later. It seems like everyone is waiting and thinking the same way. Rogers and Brees are going a round later on average and I still think thats great value.
        With the lack of quality RBs and the big dropoff after the first few rounds Im seriously thinking about going WR heavy and a upper echelon QB to base my team and hope I can hit on a couple younger RBs who might make an impact. Montee Ball was originally being ranked way too high IMO and i had taken him off my board, but now that hes sliding down the fantasy charts I might target him later.

In a bunch of mocks I have been able to get 2 stud WRs and Brees or Rogers then another good WR with my first 4 picks and it seems like a really good core. But its hard for me to consider that because its really opposite of the way I usually approach the draft and totally different than I had originally planned.
        With RBs going down so much and so many committee approaches I think this is the year to maybe put your stock into WR. Easier said than done but I am really considering it.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
          You know for a while I have had the same thought, theres good depth dont overdraft one. But the more "rankings" and mocks I see or do I find that I can still get a great QB even just waiting one round later. It seems like everyone is waiting and thinking the same way. Rogers and Brees are going a round later on average and I still think thats great value.
          With the lack of quality RBs and the big dropoff after the first few rounds Im seriously thinking about going WR heavy and a upper echelon QB to base my team and hope I can hit on a couple younger RBs who might make an impact. Montee Ball was originally being ranked way too high IMO and i had taken him off my board, but now that hes sliding down the fantasy charts I might target him later.

In a bunch of mocks I have been able to get 2 stud WRs and Brees or Rogers then another good WR with my first 4 picks and it seems like a really good core. But its hard for me to consider that because its really opposite of the way I usually approach the draft and totally different than I had originally planned.
          With RBs going down so much and so many committee approaches I think this is the year to maybe put your stock into WR. Easier said than done but I am really considering it.
          id have a hard time doing that unless you plan on going 3-4 WRs with one in your flex as well. WR is so ridiculously deep this year, i think if you somehow get a shot at 1-2 top 10 RBS you take them.

i was doing some analysis for my 2 QB league and the drop off from the 1-20th ranked RB was 144pts, 156 respectively for WR. but then in the next 10 spots is where the difference gets made

the difference between the 1-30 RB was 250pts (we use weird scoring) while WR was only 193.

i think it would be smart to go RB, RB, WR, or RB, WR,WR
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
            id have a hard time doing that unless you plan on going 3-4 WRs with one in your flex as well. WR is so ridiculously deep this year, i think if you somehow get a shot at 1-2 top 10 RBS you take them.

i was doing some analysis for my 2 QB league and the drop off from the 1-20th ranked RB was 144pts, 156 respectively for WR. but then in the next 10 spots is where the difference gets made

the difference between the 1-30 RB was 250pts (we use weird scoring) while WR was only 193.

i think it would be smart to go RB, RB, WR, or RB, WR,WR
            We play PPR and it it really changes the dynamic.....I was, and probably still am planning going RB, RB, WR....but I see a lot of guys who you can get by with on a week to week basis in a PPR format from the RB position.

RB, WR, RB is another good option where I pick @4 because I can still land a top WR and a good RB at 17 and 24.

the only reason I was looking into WR, WR, QB, WR was because often times I was able to draft CJohnson (early I know) Julio or DT, Brees, and then Welker or someone similar. RB is looking thin at that point, but the other teams are going to be right in the WR chase then and some decent RBs may slip. especially rookies who are always a crap shoot.

At 4 I am more than likely going RB, RB, WR....but I have been crunching the numbers on a WR heavy squad and it could work.

Comment

We play PPR and it it really changes the dynamic.....I was, and probably still am planning going RB, RB, WR....but I see a lot of guys who you can get by with on a week to week basis in a PPR format from the RB position.

RB, WR, RB is another good option where I pick @4 because I can still land a top WR and a good RB at 17 and 24.

the only reason I was looking into WR, WR, QB, WR was because often times I was able to draft CJohnson (early I know) Julio or DT, Brees, and then Welker or someone similar. RB is looking thin at that point, but the other teams are going to be right in the WR chase then and some decent RBs may slip. especially rookies who are always a crap shoot.

At 4 I am more than likely going RB, RB, WR....but I have been crunching the numbers on a WR heavy squad and it could work.
              we do PPR as well and PPR definitely helps their vvalue but, a lot more teams use 3-4 WRs on a consistent basis where as RBs most usually have that go to guy, that swaps a few times a game. Ive just always found it easier to swap WRs in and out of a lineup and not miss a ton of points from a WR#3 or so

Im so much better at giving advice than listening to my own though, im going to start ripping out my hair soon trying to figure out my first 3 round strategy
              sigpic
              -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                we do PPR as well and PPR definitely helps their vvalue but, a lot more teams use 3-4 WRs on a consistent basis where as RBs most usually have that go to guy, that swaps a few times a game. Ive just always found it easier to swap WRs in and out of a lineup and not miss a ton of points from a WR#3 or so

Im so much better at giving advice than listening to my own though, im going to start ripping out my hair soon trying to figure out my first 3 round strategy
                Ha -you and me both!!

Fantasy football is an evil temptress and she sucks soooo many in.

Have you ever tried drafting a team with the same byes? There is a guy in our league who sticks to this strategy every year and he always makes the playoffs. He has one bad week where a loss is basically guaranteed, but then he plays with essentially a 100% roster during the bye weeks while his opponents are often at 75% strength.
                I can never bring myself to do it, because it involves a bunch of teamates but i cant argue with his results so far.

Comment

I did this last year because I had the 9th pick every round since it wasn't snake and there just weren't any RB worth it when I drafted. Finished third because none of my players showed up in my first playoff game but ended up in first in the regular season. Team if u can remember was.

C. Johnson rd 1
                  A Johnson rd 2
                  Doug Martin round 3
                  Dt round 4
                  Peyton round 5

then the rest I don't remember where i drafted them but i do remember I messed up my first waiver wire and paid because my other RB spot was always rotating.

But the rest if my team was.
                  RGIII
                  gates
                  Pettigrew
                  Bears d and broncos d
                  Prater
                  Rest of bench set up for rotating RBs lol

Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

Comment

Ha -you and me both!!

Fantasy football is an evil temptress and she sucks soooo many in.

Have you ever tried drafting a team with the same byes? There is a guy in our league who sticks to this strategy every year and he always makes the playoffs. He has one bad week where a loss is basically guaranteed, but then he plays with essentially a 100% roster during the bye weeks while his opponents are often at 75% strength.
                    I can never bring myself to do it, because it involves a bunch of teamates but i cant argue with his results so far.
                    I build my teams a very specific way. The bye week thing is just imo a stupid idea. You never know how things will work with injuries and how a guy will perform each week. Loading up everything for one week and then having a guy or two hurt and you cant play them- you are then stranded and have to drop some players to field a roster (at least in competative leagues I play, you are REQUIRED to set a full roster of players playing each week- otherwise it is an automatic forfeit and a $50 fine. Do it twice and you get booted from the league)....So imo the bye week thing is a rather stupid risk.

On any given week you should be able to make up for having a starter or two out with smart drafting and waivers. Plus, Most of the other owners are going to have the same issue.

What you also do by drafting a team with the same bye is pass on other better players. I will tell you I build my teams specifically for the playoffs.
                    So far:
                    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                      I did this last year because I had the 9th pick every round since it wasn't snake and there just weren't any RB worth it when I drafted. Finished third because none of my players showed up in my first playoff game but ended up in first in the regular season. Team if u can remember was.

C. Johnson rd 1
                      A Johnson rd 2
                      Doug Martin round 3
                      Dt round 4
                      Peyton round 5

then the rest I don't remember where i drafted them but i do remember I messed up my first waiver wire and paid because my other RB spot was always rotating.

But the rest if my team was.
                      RGIII
                      gates
                      Pettigrew
                      Bears d and broncos d
                      Prater
                      Rest of bench set up for rotating RBs lol
                      Yeah, thats about a dream team first 5 picks now!! if I had a little more faith in some of the second/third tier RBs I might actually do it. But in a PPR you would need to count on a guy like Vereen or maybe Woodhead to catch 5-6 passes nearly every game to hope to get 10 points on average. But I just look at some guys who have had a hard time reaching the endzone like Forte, McFadden etc and I think do I really need to value their "chances" over a guy like Julio Jones or Roddy White who averages more (or as much) and has an easier chance at a big game?

I would love to get Calvin, Julio, Brees and Welker and nail down 80 points every week as opposed to hoping Charles or Spiller or McCoy doesnt go down and end my season. Cause you lose a RB when you are counting on one then you are in trouble, but you lose a WR and you likely have another option. WR is deep, but its also causing teams to overdraft RB, I think you can really clean up on value by going WR heavy early. Its going to cause a ripple action in the draft and then teams will feel forced to grab the remaining wrs in rds 3-6 while some decent RBs may slide.(in theory)

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                        I build my teams a very specific way. The bye week thing is just imo a stupid idea. You never know how things will work with injuries and how a guy will perform each week. Loading up everything for one week and then having a guy or two hurt and you cant play them- you are then stranded and have to drop some players to field a roster (at least in competative leagues I play, you are REQUIRED to set a full roster of players playing each week- otherwise it is an automatic forfeit and a $50 fine. Do it twice and you get booted from the league)....So imo the bye week thing is a rather stupid risk.

On any given week you should be able to make up for having a starter or two out with smart drafting and waivers. Plus, Most of the other owners are going to have the same issue.

What you also do by drafting a team with the same bye is pass on other better players. I will tell you I build my teams specifically for the playoffs.
                        Oh yeah I agree....I coudnt do it myself. I think the most important thing is drafting balance and second to that is setting up your playoff schedule. Its a big reason I tend to stay away from the best players on a good team, because I have seen it happen where players are rested or given a light workload because the division is wrapped up and its cost teams the league championship. I like the studs on mediocre teams, they are the safest and most relied on to produce.

Our league is a great one...its very competitive because we all pay $500 to enter and trades cost $25 per team involved. Everyone is looking for some kind of advantage because its so close. Last year the best record in reg season was 8-5 while the worst was 5-8.
                        We all do our homework and we all want to win, but its gotten to the point that you can read your opponents mind on draft day so everyone is trying to capitalize somehow.

Comment

Hey guys I want some advice, I'm in a 12 team league RBs went quick I think first 15 picks were rbs then Calvin came off finally.
                          Heres my team;
                          QB Dalton, Vick
                          RB Lynch, L.Bell, Hillman, Ballard
                          WR Green, Cobb, Welker, T.Austin Hopkins
                          TE FDavis, J Thomas
                          K Bullock
                          Def Bucks
                          Really dont like my RB depth.
                          I picked 5th and got Marshawn and in the 2nd I grabbed Green because the Rb value wasnt there.
                          Now heres my question I was offered a trade Lynch, Welker, and Hopkins for MJD, Roddy White and VJax should I make this?
                          Or just hope I have some of my RBs step up? And maybe trade a WR for another RB?
                          Let me know what you think thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JordanElyea View Post
                            Hey guys I want some advice, I'm in a 12 team league RBs went quick I think first 15 picks were rbs then Calvin came off finally.
                            Heres my team;
                            QB Dalton, Vick
                            TE FDavis, J Thomas
                            K Bullock
                            Def Bucks
                            I picked 5th and got Marshawn and in the 2nd I grabbed Green because the Rb value wasnt there.
                            Now heres my question I was offered a trade Lynch, Welker, and Hopkins for MJD, Roddy White and VJax should I make this?
                            Or just hope I have some of my RBs step up? And maybe trade a WR for another RB?
                            I wouldn't make that trade. MJD is getting old, and he's on a poor team, as is Vincent Jackson.
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Who are you guys taking this year, Kaep or RG3 both are about the same projection in my league
                              sigpic
                              -------

Comment

Originally posted by JordanElyea View Post
                                Heres my team;
                                QB Dalton, Vick
                                TE FDavis, J Thomas
                                K Bullock
                                Def Bucks
                                Is it PPR? if so i think i would take it. Lynch doesnt mange much in PPR, welker is better than roddy but will likely have the ball spread around more than when he was in NE and VJax > Hopkins at this point, Jackson is clear #1 option on that team, unless you really think Hopkins will go off this year.

Im a big fan of MJD this year assuming hes healthy which i think he is, he is that offense and a complete work horse
                                sigpic
                                -------

Comment

Working...
                                X