Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fantasy Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Are you targeting in fantasy football this year?

    I think DT will have a monster year.

    Denvers D is also a easy choice
    none

    WR is too much of a ? with no idea of the QB play not to mention no idea how the Oline will do in protection or what the offensive scheme they will be running. Terelle Pryor is better value, imo. The D is over valued. I won my league last year streaming defenses...no need to take one too high.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 07-17-2017, 08:22 PM.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • I've taken Jamaal Charles late.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by liam_b26 View Post
        I've taken Jamaal Charles late.
        You've already started drafting?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          none

          WR is too much of a ? with no idea of the QB play not to mention no idea how the Oline will do in protection or what the offensive scheme they will be running. Terelle Pryor is better value, imo. The D is over valued. I won my league last year streaming defenses...no need to take one too high.
          I did as well. I like streaming D's. But this year I plan to take Jags D. They are very under rated and with the additions of Campbell and Aboye, and Smith, Jack, and Ramsey getting better they will be a good D. Mark my words.

          As for Denver players in FF. If DT is available in the 4th round or lower I will take him. My main target is David Johnson. He won me my league last year.
          Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

          Comment


          • I think it would be silly to take DT or Sanders off your draft boards, let other people worry about the "QB problem"

            DT finished last season as WR16 and ES was WR21 based off PPR Standard Scoring on ESPN.

            Fantasy Football Calculator has DT's ADP as WR17 and ES WR31.

            Ever since Sanders has arrived in Denver he has been historically under drafted, I only see improvements in both of their numbers with the new offense this season. I wouldn't mind drafting either one of them right where they are being projected to go.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
              I think it would be silly to take DT or Sanders off your draft boards, let other people worry about the "QB problem"

              DT finished last season as WR16 and ES was WR21 based off PPR Standard Scoring on ESPN.

              Fantasy Football Calculator has DT's ADP as WR17 and ES WR31.

              Ever since Sanders has arrived in Denver he has been historically under drafted, I only see improvements in both of their numbers with the new offense this season. I wouldn't mind drafting either one of them right where they are being projected to go.
              I didn't say I would take him off my board but in the first 2 rounds...that's too high. 1000 yards and 5 TDs....there were 20 other WR with those same stats. Marvin Jones and Adam Thielen had the same numbers and they could be taken much later in the draft. You could use that higher pick on a RB and get much better value, imo. There are about 40 decent WR and only about 20 decent RB.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • I am not targeting any Broncos in the first 2 rounds. In a 12 team league I think DT's highest worth is 3rd round, I would snag him for sure if he was still there in the 4th. Sanders would likely be 1 round later ... I think he has historically been a good value as a 4th/5th rounder in a 12 team league.
                CJ or Jamaal I am not targeting right now any higher than maybe 6th for CJ and no earlier than 8th for Jamaal. I say "right now" because the preseason could change the outlook on those 2, we'll have to wait and see.
                Right now nobody at TE or QB but that could change in preseason. No matter what, I wouldn't be considering a Bronco QB before the 11th? round.
                Rookies? Only Carlos Henderson and have to wait for preseason to consider him in the very late rounds - 12/13th?
                Broncos defense will be gone by the time I take a defense in the 14/15th round.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
                  Are you targeting in fantasy football this year?

                  I think DT will have a monster year.

                  Denvers D is also a easy choice
                  Obviously Denver D will be one of the 1st D/st taken. I would put DT late 2nd early 3rd and CJ somewhere in rounds 4-6. I am curious what TE shows up this year because if Lynch gets the job that might be decent backup position. Assuming he will be a check down machine

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                    Speaking of AP......

                    I have a bet with a buddy of mine that he will rush for a 1000 yds this year in New Orleans. I am on the side that he will get it done. Good bet or not??????
                    That's a good question. My gut tells me he will not, because of his injuries/age. Plus The Saints have a wild pass game, and he may not be the load carrier. How about a nice 650-750 rushing season, to complement the stable in NO, plus some bonus passing yards. Heck. if he can do that, score a few TDs and add some motivation to an already high powered O, he will have been worth the money.

                    If he breaks 1,000....look out Saints (assuming they have a little more D....finally!)
                    Last edited by CanDB; 07-22-2017, 07:47 PM.

                    Comment


                    • What's the thinking on Elliott being suspended? Are we talking a game, or multiple?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        What's the thinking on Elliott being suspended? Are we talking a game, or multiple?
                        I think they'll slap a 4 game and the appeal will reduce it to 2, that's my guess

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          I think they'll slap a 4 game and the appeal will reduce it to 2, that's my guess
                          Makes sense to me. I was thinking 1 or 2 games unless they found more evidence in the bar fight.

                          This guy is going to be one to watch when it comes to his antics. The Cowboys sure seem to "embrace" those types.

                          Fantasy question......do you ever practice via mock drafts and kick yourself because you just put together a dream team....and knowing it was only practice??!! (Same goes in reverse....walk away saying, "lucky I don't have to play with that bunch!!")

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            Makes sense to me. I was thinking 1 or 2 games unless they found more evidence in the bar fight.

                            This guy is going to be one to watch when it comes to his antics. The Cowboys sure seem to "embrace" those types.

                            Fantasy question......do you ever practice via mock drafts and kick yourself because you just put together a dream team....and knowing it was only practice??!! (Same goes in reverse....walk away saying, "lucky I don't have to play with that bunch!!")
                            Lol, all the time. I draft perfect teams every time, mostly because everybody leaves and all I have to compete with is the computer. My strategy is take RB with my 1st 3 picks regardless of pick number because I always end up with WR's like martavis Bryant and Emanuel Sanders, draft a QB like Carr or big Ben and I feel like I just won the lottery

                            Comment


                            • RB's in FF this season don't seem to be very deep. There are a lot of RBs that might be decent but it is hard to say. A lot of RBBC teams compared to seasons before. Or maybe that's just my take and I have been wrong before ... I think. There might be ~20 RBs that can be relied on this season, IMO.

                              Maybe I'm missing something in regards to Elliott? because I don't think he will get any suspension. What exactly has he done?

                              I do some mocks - so far 2 this season - but until you get at least 2 games into the preseason they will be misleading ... in my experience.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                                RB's in FF this season don't seem to be very deep. There are a lot of RBs that might be decent but it is hard to say. A lot of RBBC teams compared to seasons before. Or maybe that's just my take and I have been wrong before ... I think. There might be ~20 RBs that can be relied on this season, IMO.

                                Maybe I'm missing something in regards to Elliott? because I don't think he will get any suspension. What exactly has he done?

                                I do some mocks - so far 2 this season - but until you get at least 2 games into the preseason they will be misleading ... in my experience.
                                Domestic violence and a bar fight, in which he may have punched a guy in the face. Maybe neither is as bad as some say, but the odds are he'll get at least a game.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X