The Fantasy Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Domestic violence and a bar fight, in which he may have punched a guy in the face. Maybe neither is as bad as some say, but the odds are he'll get at least a game.
    OK, I still draft him in the 1st if I have the opportunity. I read up on the issues now ... hard to say what the NFL will do. I'm not sure it is fair but that's the job.
    Dallas seems to have many "issues" with players behavior.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
      OK, I still draft him in the 1st if I have the opportunity. I read up on the issues now ... hard to say what the NFL will do. I'm not sure it is fair but that's the job.
      Dallas seems to have many "issues" with players behavior.
      My gut tells me he is going to get off easier than he should, but I can hardly be a judge in any of this. I don't know enough. But my instincts tell me that he is going to be a handful for a few years. Lets put it this way, he is not new to off the field issues.

But based on what we know, he will be a high 1st rounder.

Comment

• Another question for the gang....

When drafting, how much do you put into the "bye" impact? For example, will you take 2 RBs or 2 WRs, or some combination of say 3 or more players with the same bye week, not worrying about the consequences?

My personal thoughts are....I try not to overlap bye weeks for any position, but if I have 5 RBs (as an example), it is not as big a deal if I have an overlap with 2 of them. I do not like to draft my first 2 RBs or 2 WRs with the same bye, given the loss of talent in that week. And I prefer to not draft my top positional players (QB,RB,WR) with the same bye.....given that will be a very tough week to do well. Then again, if great players land in your lap (making it hard to not draft them, regardless of the bye), and you only have one "questionable" bye week, maybe your other players can pull it out for you.....and then you might kill it for most of the season.

Thoughts?

Comment

Another question for the gang....

When drafting, how much do you put into the "bye" impact? For example, will you take 2 RBs or 2 WRs, or some combination of say 3 or more players with the same bye week, not worrying about the consequences?

My personal thoughts are....I try not to overlap bye weeks for any position, but if I have 5 RBs (as an example), it is not as big a deal if I have an overlap with 2 of them. I do not like to draft my first 2 RBs or 2 WRs with the same bye, given the loss of talent in that week. And I prefer to not draft my top positional players (QB,RB,WR) with the same bye.....given that will be a very tough week to do well. Then again, if great players land in your lap (making it hard to not draft them, regardless of the bye), and you only have one "questionable" bye week, maybe your other players can pull it out for you.....and then you might kill it for most of the season.

Thoughts?
          When possible I will draft my top guys with the same bye week. When I say my top guys I mean my 3 to 4 start every week guys.....

It certainly makes for a rough week, but also allows for much needed recovery for some players especially rbs.

In our league we also play/pay for the weekly high- so to me, I feel my chances improve with a better weekly staple. I have my "stud lineup" for 12/13 weeks. Of course an injury to one of those top guys throws the whole theory out the window.

Comment

• I don't pay attention to the bye weeks for RB, WR but I do IF I want a good backup QB or TE. I will almost always have enough RBs and WRs that I can "absorb" the byes for them and/or as the season goes on there will always be players that didn't get drafted that end up being good/great FF players and can be picked up on the waivers ... if you time it right.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
              When possible I will draft my top guys with the same bye week. When I say my top guys I mean my 3 to 4 start every week guys.....

It certainly makes for a rough week, but also allows for much needed recovery for some players especially rbs.

In our league we also play/pay for the weekly high- so to me, I feel my chances improve with a better weekly staple. I have my "stud lineup" for 12/13 weeks. Of course an injury to one of those top guys throws the whole theory out the window.
              Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
              I don't pay attention to the bye weeks for RB, WR but I do IF I want a good backup QB or TE. I will almost always have enough RBs and WRs that I can "absorb" the byes for them and/or as the season goes on there will always be players that didn't get drafted that end up being good/great FF players and can be picked up on the waivers ... if you time it right.
              Good dialogue! Thanks. I think many of us have different processes we stick to....even if we aren't winning.

Another question....do any of you make the mistake of falling in love with certain players? As in, you go for a certain QB, when you probably should have nabbed a high level RB.

Comment

• I don't usually worry about bye weeks. I figure I can find someone on the waiver wire that can get me enough production to win. I have a bad habit of falling for streaky running QBs on down weeks, Kaepernick killed me last year

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  I don't usually worry about bye weeks. I figure I can find someone on the waiver wire that can get me enough production to win. I have a bad habit of falling for streaky running QBs on down weeks, Kaepernick killed me last year
                  I do the unthinkable....I've drafted Brady a couple of times in the last 2 years. It's some consolation when they are winning.....I get the points. But I lecture the guy I see in the mirror every week!!

Comment

• I don't draft a QB very early (5th at the earliest), I will have 2-3 that I want and then if there is a QB still there late that shouldn't be in my judgement I will snag them and figure one of them will be at least solid for most of the season. I don't really care too much about who the player is "emotionally" unless I can't stand them ... LIKE BRADY I won't draft him before the 13th round
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                      I don't draft a QB very early (5th at the earliest), I will have 2-3 that I want and then if there is a QB still there late that shouldn't be in my judgement I will snag them and figure one of them will be at least solid for most of the season. I don't really care too much about who the player is "emotionally" unless I can't stand them ... LIKE BRADY I won't draft him before the 13th round
                      I can't help myself when Rodgers and Brees are gone, maybe a couple of others.....I get swept into the craziness of wanting to win more than I should. That means selling my soul!!! Yuck, I am hideous!!

Comment

Another question for the gang....

Thoughts?
                        I don't pay attention to bye weeks at all. I would rather put the best possible team i can put together and sacrifice 1 week because going undefeated usually never happens anyway. Heavy on RB's because you would be surprised what kind of trade bait you have just a few weeks into the season. I never change my method because it got me 3 championships and 2 2nd place titles in 12 years being in the league I'm in

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          I don't pay attention to bye weeks at all. I would rather put the best possible team i can put together and sacrifice 1 week because going undefeated usually never happens anyway. Heavy on RB's because you would be surprised what kind of trade bait you have just a few weeks into the season. I never change my method because it got me 3 championships and 2 2nd place titles in 12 years being in the league I'm in
                          I agree....RBs are the prize, although some leagues benefit the pass/receiving game more. But in a standard league, quality RBs are a must. As for "byes", I also agree that talent rules, but it is an easy choice when two players are fairly similar. Sometimes, if one gets a little unlucky, they could end up with the players they wanted, and a lot of overlap....which will not haunt you too much, unless of course injuries start happening. Dang those injuries!!

Comment

I agree....RBs are the prize, although some leagues benefit the pass/receiving game more. But in a standard league, quality RBs are a must. As for "byes", I also agree that talent rules, but it is an easy choice when two players are fairly similar. Sometimes, if one gets a little unlucky, they could end up with the players they wanted, and a lot of overlap....which will not haunt you too much, unless of course injuries start happening. Dang those injuries!!
                            PPR or standard, doesn't matter to me.....RB's catch passes too. That's what make guys like Bell or Johnson so valuable, they will end up with almost as many catches as a lot of your number 1 WR's

Comment

I do the unthinkable....I've drafted Brady a couple of times in the last 2 years. It's some consolation when they are winning.....I get the points. But I lecture the guy I see in the mirror every week!!

lol. Can't PM you CanDB, so please let me know if you didn't get your invite ... was sent a couple days back ...
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                                lol. Can't PM you CanDB, so please let me know if you didn't get your invite ... was sent a couple days back ...
                                Sorry! But I have not yet received. On NFL.com it states that I am registered for Division III, listing the names of last year's Div III teams. That's how it has been displayed since we got our invites a few weeks ago. Wonder if I have to change my username....although I was in 2 leagues in the last 2 years, and had just one username.

Apologize for this.

(I believe you have my email address. If not I can tell you who has it.)

Comment

Working...
                                X