The Fantasy Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
    lol. Can't PM you CanDB, so please let me know if you didn't get your invite ... was sent a couple days back ...
    Hey pal.....I did get your invite. I have checked in! (Sorry...it may have been there a couple of days. I keep forgetting to check my "other" emails, which I wish came direct. I'll have to fix that.)

So yah.....now it's my turn to get my butt kicked! But promise you'll consider making a trade or two with me.....that was part of the fun 2 years ago!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Hey pal.....I did get your invite. I have checked in! (Sorry...it may have been there a couple of days. I keep forgetting to check my "other" emails, which I wish came direct. I'll have to fix that.)

So yah.....now it's my turn to get my butt kicked! But promise you'll consider making a trade or two with me.....that was part of the fun 2 years ago!!
      Thank you - was just on and saw your signed up. Don't try to be making any shady deals with me :nono: but if you have something that's gonna make me a winner we'll talk .... hopefully mine will be decent this season
      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
      Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
        Thank you - was just on and saw your signed up. Don't try to be making any shady deals with me :nono: but if you have something that's gonna make me a winner we'll talk .... hopefully mine will be decent this season
        You are a tough customer! I am pretty sure you thought I was trying to "con" you on one deal, but I wasn't. As I recall, I was just trying to determine "limits", shall we say..

:thumb:

Comment

• I noticed on the Saints depth chart they listed Ingram and Peterson as co-starters. Does that change the draft status for either 1? To me, it almost puts Peterson ahead of Ingram because of the redzone TD potential

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            I noticed on the Saints depth chart they listed Ingram and Peterson as co-starters. Does that change the draft status for either 1? To me, it almost puts Peterson ahead of Ingram because of the redzone TD potential
            If AP is healthy, it makes this an interesting question. In fact, it gives The Saints all kinds of O. Any form of run game makes this O lethal. Then again, there is another unit that needs to show up.

Comment

I noticed on the Saints depth chart they listed Ingram and Peterson as co-starters. Does that change the draft status for either 1? To me, it almost puts Peterson ahead of Ingram because of the redzone TD potential
              It's hard to gauge. The Saints are the most RB by committee team you will see and Ingram is no slouch either and he's proven to be pretty good catching the ball. It'll probably be the most interesting duo to watch in preseason since Peterson is allegedly playing.

But I will say that these two are capable of being on the field at the same time out of the shotgun and will probably end up lead blocking for each other. Just depends on the touches

Comment

• My teams from ESPN's fantasy:

QB: A.Rodgers/ C.Newton
                RB: Elliott/McCaffrey/Gillislee/Peterson
                WR: Hopkins/ Sanders/ Kelvin Benjamin/ Cobb
                TE: Gronk/ WittenD/ST: Denver/ Rams
                K: Gostkowski

Other team:
                QB: Brees/ Luck
                RB: McCoy/ Ajayi/ Montgomery/ Gillslee/ Coleman
                WR: Hopkins/ Sanders/ Edelman/ K.Benjamin
                TE: Rudolph/ Gates
                D: Pats/ GB
                K: Janikowski

Another:

QB: Newton/Palmer
                RB: Ajayi/ Mongomery/ Coleman/ Forte
                WR: Odell/ DeMariyus/ Edelman/ K.Benjamin/ Sanu
                TE: Graham/ Gates
                D: Rams/ Bengals
                K: Crosby

Last One:
                QB: Cam/Dak
                RB: Ajayi/ McCaffrey/ Montgomery/ Gillislee
                WR: Brown/ D.Thomas/ K.Benjamin/ Marvin Jones/ Cobb
                TE: Gronk/Witten
                D: Hawks/Packers
                K: Prater
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  My teams from ESPN's fantasy:

Other team:

Another:

Last One:
                  IB....who were you playing against with your first team, a bunch of kids???You got the best or one of the best of QBs, RBs, TE, K and D...plus you have good WRs!! How??

Another question for you and the group....what's the consensus on CMac? Is he the real deal as a runner and receiver, and STs stud? Just not sure how to gauge his overall value.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    IB....who were you playing against with your first team, a bunch of kids???You got the best or one of the best of QBs, RBs, TE, K and D...plus you have good WRs!! How??

Another question for you and the group....what's the consensus on CMac? Is he the real deal as a runner and receiver, and STs stud? Just not sure how to gauge his overall value.
                    Not sure, I think I might have ruined some folks draft plans and cause them to make picks they wouldn't have otherwise picked.

I like to create a little bit of chaos by drafting out of place. That draft I picked 5th. So my first pick I took Zeke, 2nd pick I took Rodgers. Took Broncos defense in the 5th. Picking Rodgers and Denver that early might have created chaos. As well I might have taken players someone else wanted and they probably stopped caring. Lol

As for CMac, he tends to go in the 3rd or 4th in the league's I'm in. Word in Carolina is he's a stud.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Not sure, I think I might have ruined some folks draft plans and cause them to make picks they wouldn't have otherwise picked.

I like to create a little bit of chaos by drafting out of place. That draft I picked 5th. So my first pick I took Zeke, 2nd pick I took Rodgers. Took Broncos defense in the 5th. Picking Rodgers and Denver that early might have created chaos. As well I might have taken players someone else wanted and they probably stopped caring. Lol

As for CMac, he tends to go in the 3rd or 4th in the league's I'm in. Word in Carolina is he's a stud.
                      Yah...I get ya with the "chaos". Lots of folks follow the lead, and if a QB or a D or a TE goes early, sometimes others follow.

As for CMac...I am watching him tonight and he certainly has the quickness and the smarts. I hope Cam gives and gets him the ball. Creative play-making will max this guy's ability. Would have loved him in Denver, but that's life. He is a quality player and apparently a quality guy. Should be fun watching this guy's career evolve.

IF Cam gets back to his previous form, and Benjamin rises to the level that some expected, this team could be a contender again. Kuechly and Davis are still holding down the fort, and they just needed to get more experience in their DBackfield. But the new kids (CMac and Samuel) will be exciting and from my perspective, productive.

Comment

• Yea it's a domino effect. If people see a defense go before 7th or 8th. They panic and draft defenses in the 5th and 6th just to make sure they don't miss out on a good defense.

And since Cobb didn't have much of a good season last year, he is easy go get late. And people still pass up on Sanders even when usually he does better than Thomas.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

My teams from ESPN's fantasy:

Other team:

Another:

Last One:
                          Are you kidding me?? That 1st team is rediculas!!! I want to draft against those people, wow. Nicely done

Comment

Are you kidding me?? That 1st team is rediculas!!! I want to draft against those people, wow. Nicely done
                            I'd just say he picked certain positions in early spots. Quarterbacks don't go right off the bat, so grabbing Elliot was the obvious first choice (before the suspension at least). He just happened to be the first guy, or one of the first guys to go in on QB, TE, K, and D. Good draft, because I've seen McCaffrey projected down to the late 5th round. That's a value pick. Hopkins is another value picks, projecting to bounce back. Personally, I think that offense sucks as much because of coaching as anything else. Gillislee, who the hell knows, because NE is rando as hell when it comes to RBs. And the thing about the Saints, is if AP still truly has it, they will probably pull their heads out of their asses and commit to a running game. Still not a guarantee, though.

He def. had a good draft, though. I'm not crazy about spending earlier picks on two quarterbacks, but his odds of having at least one of those two quarterbacks going off at any given time are pretty high. Not really my philosophy, but good none the less.

BTW: Knocked it out of the park on Benjamin late. Didn't see that at first.
                            Last edited by Spice 1; 08-12-2017, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Pending the outcome of his suspension, Ezekiel Elliott should be an interesting pick in FF. At 6 games, he might slide a bit, but any reduction in the penalty will make him a fairly early pick.

Comment

• Where would you guys like to be placed in a 12 team snake draft? I'm currently last and I'm somewhat wary that it may have been done intentionally. It's a group that I work with yet I don't, hard to explain but basically they needed 2 more people so me and my friend joined in but ended up at 10 and 12. I don't exactly have the best relationship with the commissioner or his assistant and they said they randomized it 6 times before deciding on the order.

They put up a poll on who wants to redo the draft order the day of when everyone is there. Personally I think 12th is awful, the first 2-4 picks should be fine but depending on the league the depth can really start to slide with all those picks in between.

Just in case they don't change anyone have some strategies? I'm thinking back to back RB and then come back with either the best WR left with hopefully a top TE or possibly QB and TE depending on the value

Edit: this is money league so I think I have a reason to be paranoid
                                Last edited by beastlyskronk; 08-17-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X