The Fantasy Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    Who are you guys taking this year, Kaep or RG3 both are about the same projection in my league
    I took RGIII in 3 leagues this year, to around 4-5th found, the last I took him like 7th.
    I think he'd be the better pick because San Fran lost a lot of targets and if RGIII is healthy he's gonna rake up a lot of fantasy points. With that if he does get hurt, you'd have wiggle room because you can bring in Kurt Cousins whom nobody has drafted and will be there to pick up. He has looked really goo this preseason and in the few games he played in last season.

You don't have that kinda room with Kaep, if he goes down, he goes down and it's unknown how he'll play this season. He could be one of those QB's that slump, with the fact that he won't have Marion, Crabtree, or Moss. Boldin hasn't looked great and it seems Davis will be his primary target.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      I took RGIII in 3 leagues this year, to around 4-5th found, the last I took him like 7th.
      I think he'd be the better pick because San Fran lost a lot of targets and if RGIII is healthy he's gonna rake up a lot of fantasy points. With that if he does get hurt, you'd have wiggle room because you can bring in Kurt Cousins whom nobody has drafted and will be there to pick up. He has looked really goo this preseason and in the few games he played in last season.

You don't have that kinda room with Kaep, if he goes down, he goes down and it's unknown how he'll play this season. He could be one of those QB's that slump, with the fact that he won't have Marion, Crabtree, or Moss. Boldin hasn't looked great and it seems Davis will be his primary target.
      yeah im unsure, i think boldin will be boldin once the reg season roles around. and the 9ers just have a better team around him

i think both will be gone by the 2-3 round of my drafts
      sigpic
      -------

Comment

Jordan- do not take that trade. Your WR are already fine. Your RBs are not. Lynch owns MJD all day every day and as you said your RB depth is iffy. Dont weaken it. and strengthen your strength.

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
        Who are you guys taking this year, Kaep or RG3 both are about the same projection in my league

Neither. But if I had to take one or the other I would take RG3 ahead of Cappy
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
          Jordan- do not take that trade. Your WR are already fine. Your RBs are not. Lynch owns MJD all day every day and as you said your RB depth is iffy. Dont weaken it. and strengthen your strength.

Neither. But if I had to take one or the other I would take RG3 ahead of Cappy
          this is where 2 starting QBs are a lot different, these 2 are VERY strong candidates for a #1/2 slot this year both are kind of inbetween id say (not quite legit #1, but could def perform at that level in a 10 team league), but both will likely be drafted in the 2/3 rounds
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

Im in three- 12 team leagues and I am fairly sure that cappy will go in rd 1 in one of them. None are two QB leagues either.

I like RG3 better for fantasy purposes. (unfortunately all my rankings were thrown out by mistake so I have to start them over) but IIRC I had RG3 higher than cappy.

I like Shanny with Qbs, especially in year 2. Plus, I think cappy gets figured out a bit as well. He is not as good imo as RG3. The last reason is that I think RG3 can be had a round later than caps.

For me, however, I will not touch either of them in my leagues. The rounds I would have to get them in I have plans for other players and in 2 of my leagues I like sure things at QB....That is brees, rodgers and peyton....
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

ADVICE NEEDED. Say I get picks 8-10 in a ten team snake draft. Would it be wise to snag Cutler and Forte? It's a league where we start: 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 Flex, 1 K, and 1 DEF
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                ADVICE NEEDED. Say I get picks 8-10 in a ten team snake draft. Would it be wise to snag Cutler and Forte? It's a league where we start: 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 Flex, 1 K, and 1 DEF
                so you have 8, 9, & 10??

i still wouldnt take either of them, forte MAY be worth it but cutler would be an absolutely TERRIBLE choice at any one of those picks
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  Really depends on who is on the board. If a back better than Forte is there take him instead, if not you can't go wrong with Forte. Bears OL seemingly looks a bit better, how much better gotta wait and see. He does have injury issues.

As for Jay again it depends on if a better QB is on the board. His season hangs on the OL keeping him off his back, not throwing many picks, and getting the ball to Marshall and Jeffrey.

So it's a gamble really with both.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I'm looking to get a QB/RB combo with my 1st two picks. I'm afraid that with my luck I'll get pick #1-3, and by the time I get to my 2nd pick all the good RBs will be gone
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                      I'm looking to get a QB/RB combo with my 1st two picks. I'm afraid that with my luck I'll get pick #1-3, and by the time I get to my 2nd pick all the good RBs will be gone
                      Matt Ryan and Steve Jackson is a better combo, neither are 1st round picks. Then again it sounds like you're in a PPR league, which I've never been in so. My opinion is based off standard leagues.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

oh you are assuming you have pick 8, 9, or 10 not 8-10, gotcha

there are PLENTY of better combos available at either of those picks, you could probably get spiller/richardson/lynch/mccoy ... again forte wouldnt be a terrible pick IMO just not the best

as for Cutler ... ew ... you will have a TON of better QBs to choose from, brady, stafford, ryan, maybe even newton will all be there most likely.

you could probably get cutler in the 5-7 rounds if you really wanted

also i dont really see the point of drafting a RB and QB tandem .... esp one as bad as you thought about
                        sigpic
                        -------

Comment

• Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                          oh you are assuming you have pick 8, 9, or 10 not 8-10, gotcha

there are PLENTY of better combos available at either of those picks, you could probably get spiller/richardson/lynch/mccoy ... again forte wouldnt be a terrible pick IMO just not the best

as for Cutler ... ew ... you will have a TON of better QBs to choose from, brady, stafford, ryan, maybe even newton will all be there most likely.

you could probably get cutler in the 5-7 rounds if you really wanted

also i dont really see the point of drafting a RB and QB tandem .... esp one as bad as you thought about
                          I know that of the first 20 picks, 15 will be QBs. The only reason that I thought about those two is because all off the other drafters are Bear fans, and thus easier to trade

Comment

I know that of the first 20 picks, 15 will be QBs. The only reason that I thought about those two is because all off the other drafters are Bear fans, and thus easier to trade
                            so why are you worried about no good running back being available? if only 5 other positions go in 20 picks .... also you must be drafting with some real amatures if thats really the case

in my 10 team 2 QB league i cant see maybe 6-9QBs going in rounds 1 & 2
                            sigpic
                            -------

Comment

• Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                              so why are you worried about no good running back being available? if only 5 other positions go in 20 picks .... also you must be drafting with some real amatures if thats really the case

in my 10 team 2 QB league i cant see maybe 6-9QBs going in rounds 1 & 2
                              Good point. Last year in the first 10 picks, at least 8 QBs were taken (Brees, Brady, Rogers, Newton, Stafford, Ryan, and both Manning boys)

Comment

• Just did my draft tonight. I picked last in the first round and first in the second. NFL.com standard league. Here is my team

QB Rodgers
                                RB Richardson
                                RB Morris
                                WR Welker
                                WR Cruz
                                TE Witten
                                WR Mike Wallace
                                K Hauschka
                                Broncos Defense

Backups/Reserve

QB Eli Manning
                                RB Giovani Bernard
                                WR Josh Gordon
                                TE Gates
                                K Zuerlien
                                Def Giants

Wanted Peyton and Gronk but my brother snagged them from me. Overall I think I did pretty well.
                                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Working...
                                X