The Fantasy Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Just did my draft tonight. I picked last in the first round and first in the second. NFL.com standard league. Here is my team

QB Rodgers
    RB Richardson
    RB Morris
    WR Welker
    WR Cruz
    TE Witten
    WR Mike Wallace
    K Hauschka
    Broncos Defense

Backups/Reserve

QB Eli Manning
    RB Giovani Bernard
    WR Josh Gordon
    TE Gates
    K Zuerlien
    Def Giants

Wanted Peyton and Gronk but my brother snagged them from me. Overall I think I did pretty well.
    I like your QBs, RBs, and WRs
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
      I like your QBs, RBs, and WRs
      Yea I doubled dipped with Richardson and Morris, then took Rodgers and Cruz. Then Welker and Witten I believe. After that I don't remember. Only good thing about picking last was being able to double dip.
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• 10 team PPR. Had the 5th pick.

QB - Tony Romo
        RB - Jamaal Charles
        RB - Darren Sproles
        WR - Brandon Marshall
        WR - Andre Johnson
        WR - Marques Colston
        TE - Jason Witten

Bench
        David Wilson
        Lamar Miller
        Giovani Bernard
        Mike Williams
        Stevie Johnson
        Josh Gordon

Comment

• Just did my live draft with all of my buddies from work last night. 10 team standard scoring, I got the #1 pick.

QBs- Michael Vick, Phillip Rivers
          RBs- Adrian Peterson, Alfred Morris, Chris Johnson, Shane Vereen, Ben Tate
          WRs- Victor Cruz, Wes Welker, Dwayne Bowe, James Jones, Kenny Britt
          TEs- Martellus Bennett, Julius Thomas
          D/ST- Pittsburgh Steelers
          K- Matt Bryant

My RBs and WRs are absolute BEAST MODE. My QBs and TEs are a bit shaky, but I am predicting a huge year for Vick in Chip Kelly's offense. As long as he stays healthy I will be in good shape. Not great odds of that though, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
            Just did my live draft with all of my buddies from work last night. 10 team standard scoring, I got the #1 pick.

K- Matt Bryant

My RBs and WRs are absolute BEAST MODE. My QBs and TEs are a bit shaky, but I am predicting a huge year for Vick in Chip Kelly's offense. As long as he stays healthy I will be in good shape. Not great odds of that though, lol.
            i really think Vick is going to make or break peoples teams this year, he could put up huge stats ... or get hurt again/get benched
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

• Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
              i really think Vick is going to make or break peoples teams this year, he could put up huge stats ... or get hurt again/get benched
              Yeah there aren't many players with top 5 potential that you can get that late in the draft though, so it was worth the risk to me. And since I waited so long to get QBs, I was able to stock up on RBs.

Comment

Just did my live draft with all of my buddies from work last night. 10 team standard scoring, I got the #1 pick.

K- Matt Bryant

If I were you, I'd trade for a better QB
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

If I were you, I'd trade for a better QB
                  I think my strength in the other positions will carry me. If someone gives me an amazing offer I would consider it, but I really don't want to move anyone (especially my big 3 RBs).

Comment

I think my strength in the other positions will carry me. If someone gives me an amazing offer I would consider it, but I really don't want to move anyone (especially my big 3 RBs).
                    QBs will get you more points (in most leagues). You could trade a RB & a WR for a much better QB

Comment

QBs will get you more points (in most leagues). You could trade a RB & a WR for a much better QB
                      QBs score more points than RBs, that's true.

But there are tons of decent QBs available. (Carson Palmer, Big Ben, Joe Flacco, Ryan Tannehill, Alex Smith are all Free Agents.)

But there are NO Running backs worth a crap available.

Running Backs are move valuable.

Comment

the difference between 2-3 good runningbacks and QBs is EASILY covered by the RBs

that is a terrible strategy
                        sigpic
                        -------

Comment

K- Matt Bryant

I don't like your defense, I mean it's be a good defense but the special teams isn't there for that team and I don't see them doing much in the take away department.

I think Vick is gonna have a good season though with Chip Kelly.

Besides Kenny Britt and Ben Tate, you're solid at those posititons makes me wonder what eveyone else was drafting if you got those 3 at WR and those 3 at RB.

Who are the top free agents at WR,RB,and QB?

I don't like the Rivers pick, he isn't gonna do much of anything. Sam Bradford, Carson Palmer, and E.J Manuel would be better if they are free agents.
                          Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                          Just did my draft tonight. I picked last in the first round and first in the second. NFL.com standard league. Here is my team

QB Rodgers
                          RB Richardson
                          RB Morris
                          WR Welker
                          WR Cruz
                          TE Witten
                          WR Mike Wallace
                          K Hauschka
                          Broncos Defense

Backups/Reserve

QB Eli Manning
                          RB Giovani Bernard
                          WR Josh Gordon
                          TE Gates
                          K Zuerlien
                          Def Giants

Wanted Peyton and Gronk but my brother snagged them from me. Overall I think I did pretty well.
                          Not a fan of your back ups.(Giordon, Bernard, and NY)
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

QBs score more points than RBs, that's true.

But there are tons of decent QBs available. (Carson Palmer, Big Ben, Joe Flacco, Ryan Tannehill, Alex Smith are all Free Agents.)

But there are NO Running backs worth a crap available.

Running Backs are move valuable.
                            Heck I'd rather have Palmer, Flacco, and Tannenhill over Rivers and Vick

Comment

• I think your Qbs are just fine.

Rivers has a relatively soft schedule this year so he should have some good to great matchups.

Vick looks Awesome in this system. I am really liking what I see from him. Between the two I think you are more then set. Vick, would not surprise me to see a jump up into the top 3 rounds next year. He is going to be able to run a bunch and get yards up the yinyang and he will have easy reads to throw. Which means less turnovers and less of him doing a tebow (which is standing in the pocket too long waiting- trying to prove he is a capable pocket passer- when he clearly sometimes just need to blaze down field.)

Alex smith is a sleeper of mine this year. Cheifs have a super soft schedule. I mean insanely soft. He will surprise. I would take all the guys just mentioned over a guy like tennehill who most certainly will be drafted ahead of all of them.
                              So far:
                              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                                I don't like your defense, I mean it's be a good defense but the special teams isn't there for that team and I don't see them doing much in the take away department.

I think Vick is gonna have a good season though with Chip Kelly.

Besides Kenny Britt and Ben Tate, you're solid at those posititons makes me wonder what eveyone else was drafting if you got those 3 at WR and those 3 at RB.

Who are the top free agents at WR,RB,and QB?

I don't like the Rivers pick, he isn't gonna do much of anything. Sam Bradford, Carson Palmer, and E.J Manuel would be better if they are free agents.
                                I really like Tate. I got him late, so it's not much of a risk. And if anything happens to Foster, or he keeps having injury problems, Tate will be a top 10 back easily. I'm not expecting that to happen, but it's worth the small risk IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X