X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InsaneBlaze23
    The ArchAngel
    • Jan 2009

Welp fantasy season is upon us again, figured I'd bump the thread and start it off. I did a quick see what happens 10 man live draft. Just to see how everyone is ranked, what it looks like people are aiming for. You know, build strategy for my real drafts. I guess you could say I could've did this in a mock draft, but I like it better this way because I get to see the results of how I drafted at the end of the season.

So here is my first team for NFLN. I picked 10th, and for the most part people was drafting a little weird. Some only went BPA, others just grabbed random players. So I stocked up on wide outs, 2 of which I'll probably package for a better RB. Took Rivers because he was there and I do think he'll have some good games. Plus I passed on drafting a QB for a while. Got Brady a little after, most passed on him since he may be suspended for 4 games. I figure once those games are over, Brady is Brady. And if Rivers gets hurt or sucks it up, I at least have a good back up plan.(Vise Versa)

QB: Rivers; Brady
    RB: Foster; Alfred Morris; Gio Bernard; Doug Martin
    WR: Megatron; Emmanuel Sanders; Martavis Bryant; Cruz; Andre Johnson; Fitz
    TE: Owen Daniels
    K: Connor Barth( good options in FA for when Denver goes on bye)
    DEF: Broncos(decent options in FA for when Denver goes on bye
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
      Football Immortal
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      Welp fantasy season is upon us again, figured I'd bump the thread and start it off. I did a quick see what happens 10 man live draft. Just to see how everyone is ranked, what it looks like people are aiming for. You know, build strategy for my real drafts. I guess you could say I could've did this in a mock draft, but I like it better this way because I get to see the results of how I drafted at the end of the season.

So here is my first team for NFLN. I picked 10th, and for the most part people was drafting a little weird. Some only went BPA, others just grabbed random players. So I stocked up on wide outs, 2 of which I'll probably package for a better RB. Took Rivers because he was there and I do think he'll have some good games. Plus I passed on drafting a QB for a while. Got Brady a little after, most passed on him since he may be suspended for 4 games. I figure once those games are over, Brady is Brady. And if Rivers gets hurt or sucks it up, I at least have a good back up plan.(Vise Versa)

Seems some people like to screw with the mocks making them somewhat useless, I wish people would take them a little more seriously so it can be helpful for everyone, but that's the nature of the game or ... people?

I am curious how much demand there will be for Owen Daniels this season being with the Broncos, he is on my radar. I imagine he will do fairly well in fantasy points but still not go very high in drafts - 5-7 round? OTOH Julius Thomas will likely still go fairly high but will not pay off as expected - it will be interesting this season how he turns out. I got Rivers pretty late last season and he worked out well for me, I expect about the same this season but he goes a little higher in drafts. I am interested in seeing where CJ goes, I suspect 2nd-3rd round and I am interested in snagging him and Montee later. Antonio Brown was a little bit of a sleeper last year (I think I got him in the 3rd round) and he worked out to be one of the top WR's, I imagine that he will not last past early 2nd this year, maybe higher? I am planning on taking Virgil Green late just in case he breaks out as a receiver this year. I like Buffalo's defense and maybe Miami's this year ... also will be willing to take the Broncos late. I always draft defense late and don't usually draft a backup as there is usually a bye week defense that will do for a game, same with K - last pick in the draft, rarely does a K make the difference in a matchup.
      Taking a QB a little later in the draft makes sense, I don't think there is a major difference between the 3rd or 4th best QB and the 10th best as far as fantasy points go.
      sigpic

Comment

• HUMCALC
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2011

I like your team
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
          The ArchAngel
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
          Seems some people like to screw with the mocks making them somewhat useless, I wish people would take them a little more seriously so it can be helpful for everyone, but that's the nature of the game or ... people?

I am curious how much demand there will be for Owen Daniels this season being with the Broncos, he is on my radar. I imagine he will do fairly well in fantasy points but still not go very high in drafts - 5-7 round? OTOH Julius Thomas will likely still go fairly high but will not pay off as expected - it will be interesting this season how he turns out. I got Rivers pretty late last season and he worked out well for me, I expect about the same this season but he goes a little higher in drafts. I am interested in seeing where CJ goes, I suspect 2nd-3rd round and I am interested in snagging him and Montee later. Antonio Brown was a little bit of a sleeper last year (I think I got him in the 3rd round) and he worked out to be one of the top WR's, I imagine that he will not last past early 2nd this year, maybe higher? I am planning on taking Virgil Green late just in case he breaks out as a receiver this year. I like Buffalo's defense and maybe Miami's this year ... also will be willing to take the Broncos late. I always draft defense late and don't usually draft a backup as there is usually a bye week defense that will do for a game, same with K - last pick in the draft, rarely does a K make the difference in a matchup.
          Taking a QB a little later in the draft makes sense, I don't think there is a major difference between the 3rd or 4th best QB and the 10th best as far as fantasy points go.
          I've done 3 drafts so far. 2 on NFLN and 1 on ESPN. I drafted Owen in 2 of the drafts, both NFLN. I was about to get him pretty late. He is seemingly going under the radar, that could be just because those other people in the draft was unaware of who Denver's tight end was or not knowing who Own Daniels is, or assumed he wouldn't be any good because he isn't a big name tight end.

CJ is kinda going high, running backs in those 3 drafts went off the board like hot cakes early. Brown has gone in the 2nd and 3rd.

And as for QB's I agree. Since Brady is suspended people are passing on him, which is silly. But I was about to get Rivers and Stafford in I believe the 5th or 6th, and grabbed Brady after.

Andre Johnson, Victor Cruz, and Larry Fitzgerald are also being ignored. That was a 10 man league where I got them. Both ESPN and NFLN don't have them rated high, so people aren't noticing them.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• multimoussa
            Special Teams
            • Mar 2014

Anybody knows of any money league locally, I would like to join if you guys know of anything. my email is [email protected]

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
              Football Immortal
              • Dec 2012

I've done 3 drafts so far. 2 on NFLN and 1 on ESPN. I drafted Owen in 2 of the drafts, both NFLN. I was about to get him pretty late. He is seemingly going under the radar, that could be just because those other people in the draft was unaware of who Denver's tight end was or not knowing who Own Daniels is, or assumed he wouldn't be any good because he isn't a big name tight end.

CJ is kinda going high, running backs in those 3 drafts went off the board like hot cakes early. Brown has gone in the 2nd and 3rd.

And as for QB's I agree. Since Brady is suspended people are passing on him, which is silly. But I was about to get Rivers and Stafford in I believe the 5th or 6th, and grabbed Brady after.

Andre Johnson, Victor Cruz, and Larry Fitzgerald are also being ignored. That was a 10 man league where I got them. Both ESPN and NFLN don't have them rated high, so people aren't noticing them.
              I've done 2 drafts now and C.J. is going in the top 10 in both, I can't say I'm surprised since Kubiak is known for having a good/great fantasy RB ... or two. I am surprised that Demarco Murray is going late 2nd, I think in both drafts, I think he will still be one of the top backs as long as he stays healthy. I ended up taking Murray in the 2nd in both drafts getting Charles and Murray in one and A.P. and Murray in the other ... picking late in the 2nd has made it tough to get a top WR. A.P. I think could be a gamble considering he missed last year but I like his determination. Owen is still available in both leagues I'm in ... I think I still might grab him just before the season starts?? Witten isn't getting much attention, he could still be a solid fantasy TE. Jeremy Hill is going very early ... top 10ish; I think Murray is a safer pick? I like Cruz and Andre Johnson and they are sill available in 5th-maybe 8th round Cruz being late ... I think Cruz has a decent chance at having a solid fantasy season. Listening to Big Ben, Wheaton might be the WR to go with over Martavis Bryant but I picked Martavis for now and will keep my eye on Markus Wheaton who is still available in most leagues (4.2% owned). Eddie Royal (2.6% owned) could have a good season in Chicago, Gase says he could be as good as Welker was? Might be a little too high of praise?
              Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 08-12-2015, 11:55 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

• TH3JUICEMAN
                One day at a time!
                • Mar 2009

Been doing mock drafts on ESPN the last couple of days. I hope I draft in the later part of the 1st round (snake draft), seems like my roster has been better picking 8-12.
                sigpic
                2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

• TheMoth
                  Practice Squad
                  • Feb 2014

Got the first pick of the draft....with 14 players in it. Both a blessing and a curse. Who do I pick?

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                    Football Immortal
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by TheMoth View Post
                    Got the first pick of the draft....with 14 players in it. Both a blessing and a curse. Who do I pick?
                    The best RB

Leveon Bell may be the best in the long run but he is suspended for 2? games. I like Jamaal Charles or Adrian Peterson. Since your 2nd pick is a long ways away it might be hard to cover Bell for the first 2 games. If the league is a PPR Charles would be a little better.

A player you might be able to get way later is Ameer Abdullah but he is moving up the board quickly might have to take in the 3-5th round. Good in a PPR too.
                    Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 08-14-2015, 04:12 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• -Rod-
                      #TeamBroncos
                      • Mar 2008

I have a 12-team fantasy league on NFL.com with standard scoring.

I currently need 6 owners to complete the league.

Live draft scheduled for Thursday, Sep 3, 2015 at 9:00pm EDT.

If you're interested, join here:

League ID: 2359559
                      League Password: 18072014

If you want to join, please be active and take this league seriously. I activate it every year.

Thanks! :thumb:

Scoring settings:

Offense:
                      Passing Yards:1 point per 25 yards
                      Passing Touchdowns:4 points
                      Interceptions Thrown:-2 points
                      Rushing Yards:1 point per 10 yards
                      Rushing Touchdowns:6 points
                      Receiving Yards:1 point per 10 yards
                      Receiving Touchdowns:6 points
                      Fumble Recovered for TD:6 points
                      Fumbles Lost:-2 points
                      2-Point Conversions:2 points

Kicking:
                      PAT Made:1 point
                      FG Made 0-19:3 points
                      FG Made 20-29:3 points
                      FG Made 30-39:3 points
                      FG Made 40-49:3 points
                      FG Made 50+:5 points

Defense / Special Teams:
                      Sacks:1 point
                      Interceptions:2 points
                      Fumbles Recovered:2 points
                      Safeties:2 points
                      Touchdowns:6 points
                      Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns:6 points
                      Points Allowed 0:10 points
                      Points Allowed 1-6:7 points
                      Points Allowed 7-13:4 points
                      Points Allowed 14-20:1 point
                      Points Allowed 21-27:0 points
                      Points Allowed 28-34:-1 point
                      Points Allowed 35+:-4 points

Other:
                      Use Fractional Pts: Yes
                      Use Negative Pts: Yes
                      sigpic

Comment

• 86Elwayfan
                        The Future is Upon us!!!
                        • Sep 2011

Has Anyone ever used Sportsvault.com to collect league dues?
                        sigpic

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                          The ArchAngel
                          • Jan 2009

With Nelson getting hurt, a spot opened on one of my teams. Debating on picking up Reggie Wayne, Janis, or Montgomery
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                            Football Immortal
                            • Dec 2012

With Nelson getting hurt, a spot opened on one of my teams. Debating on picking up Reggie Wayne, Janis, or Montgomery
                            I would pick up Reggie Wayne ... while your at it you might consider getting Markus Wheaton somehow, it looks like Martavis Bryant is going to miss some games. Charles Johnson? I thought he might be available but he is actually unavailable in my leagues and 87% owned on NFL.com leagues. Marques Colston is available in most leagues ... 15% owned. Eddie Royal?
                            Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 08-27-2015, 01:42 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• roushmartin6
                              Football Immortal
                              • May 2007

Well just drafted my NFL.com standard league team and its the best i've felt ever. Here it is

QB: Matt Ryan
                              RB: Marshawn Lynch
                              RB: Frank Gore
                              WR: Demaryius Thomas
                              WR Devante Adams
                              TE: Jimmy Graham
                              WR/RB: DeAngelo Williams (2 week rental)
                              K: Brandon McManus
                              Defense: Broncos

Bench:

LeGarrette Blount
                              Tevin Coleman
                              TJ Yeldon
                              Martavis Bryant
                              Devin Funchess
                              Brandon Marshall

What do you guys think? A lot of make or break guys I took late hoping they can pay off. Almost got Arian Foster in the last round but got sniped
                              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• xX-Bronco-Xx
                                Is this the real life?
                                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                                Well just drafted my NFL.com standard league team and its the best i've felt ever. Here it is

QB: Matt Ryan
                                RB: Marshawn Lynch
                                RB: Frank Gore
                                WR: Demaryius Thomas
                                WR Devante Adams
                                TE: Jimmy Graham
                                WR/RB: DeAngelo Williams (2 week rental)
                                K: Brandon McManus
                                Defense: Broncos

Bench:

LeGarrette Blount
                                Tevin Coleman
                                TJ Yeldon
                                Martavis Bryant
                                Devin Funchess
                                Brandon Marshall

What do you guys think? A lot of make or break guys I took late hoping they can pay off. Almost got Arian Foster in the last round but got sniped
                                Is this an 8 man league? I could only dream of getting that many playmakers in my 12 man league!

Comment

Working...
                                X