World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series

What a Cinderella story if KC wins tonight! I can't imagine anyone picking them to get this far, and what a nice bet that would have been if it ends in their favour tonight!

Similarly, if San Fran wins, that would be 3 championships in the last 5 years, which is also a bit of a Cinderella story! They are a good team, with fabulous pitching, but not too many household names, and yet going for what I would call a mini dynasty of sorts.

Should be fun tonight!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-29-2014, 07:25 PM.

Can't believe there isn't more chatter about the game!

Let's go Royals!!!

Billy Butler leadoff base knock!!

Comment

Got to go with my old team. Grew up in the Bay Area.

Go Giants!
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Used to play with Guthrie with the Indians. Wish the second basemen didn't slip on that play. I texted him after his win from game three. Said he couldn't describe what it is like
        I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
        I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
        I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
        "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
        God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
        Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
          Used to play with Guthrie with the Indians. Wish the second basemen didn't slip on that play. I texted him after his win from game three. Said he couldn't describe what it is like
          The guys I used to play with are mostly like me

GETTING OLD

Comment

It's getting late in the game, 3-2 for The Giants.......this could be a real exciting finish. Each team has a good case for winning. But only one team wins tonight.

I am not a big fan of either team, nor do I dislike them. I feel bad for the loser.

Comment

Base hit, Dyson pinch run steal and eventual score will lead to extras, I think...

Hopefully

Don't like how this one looks for KC, with Bumgarner and Casilla the only 2 pitchers that are gonna see the mound.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                What a Cinderella story if KC wins tonight! I can't imagine anyone picking them to get this far, and what a nice bet that would have been if it ends in their favour tonight!

Similarly, if San Fran wins, that would be 3 championships in the last 5 years, which is also a bit of a Cinderella story! They are a good team, with fabulous pitching, but not too many household names, and yet going for what I would call a mini dynasty of sorts.

Should be fun tonight!!
                I think Hunter Pence is a household name.

Odd thing is that Madison Bumgarner isnt a household name but he is probably the most underrated pitcher I have ever seen.

He is probably the best pitcher in baseball. His regular season stats may not be on Kershaws level but come postseason I've never seen anyone better.

3-0 this World Series which is unheard of. .43 ERA

He has a career .25 ERA in three World Series trips and has never lost in the World Series. The guy is literally untouchable in the playoffs.

And the guy is only 25!!!

If he isn't a household name after this then people aren't paying attention.

As a Rockies fan I am all too familiar with him.

I'm sure you all are now too.
                sigpic

Comment

Amazing pitching!!!

Bumgarner is only part human!

Bochy's obviously a great manager, and there's just something about that San Fran organization that basically keeps them one step ahead of the pack. And yes, 3 World Series victories in 5 years sounds like a dynasty to me.

Feel bad for KC, but they had an incredible year!

Comment

Crazy game, sucks that Guthrie got the loss. Bumgarner was super human this postseason.
                    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Dang. Really wanted to see KC win. If only for an underdog team, that hasn't had a lot of success in a long time. I'm just tired of seeing the same teams win every year.

That being said, pleeeeeaaaase Chicago sign Maddon and maybe we might actually get there in a couple years.
                      LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                      Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

I was going to post a couple of pictures of the Giants' stadium from our trip to SF this past July, but I'm having trouble resizing them.

You all probably wouldn't be interested anyway since you wanted KC.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

i thought that 3rd base coach was dumb for stopping the KC player. he should have let him try for an in park homerun especially w/ 2 outs.

playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Comment

Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
                            i thought that 3rd base coach was dumb for stopping the KC player. he should have let him try for an in park homerun especially w/ 2 outs.

He would have been out by 15 ft

Comment

Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post

He would have been out though, I think on the replay that showed the relay he had just touched 3rd when Crawford caught the ball. Unless it was a terrible throw he would have be out by a mile. Even a below average throw would have given Posey time to adjust.

Then again, that would have been a much better ending. At least it would be exciting.

Comment

Working...
                              X