Indy 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy 500

I am ready for the Indy. As always I am pulling for Marco Andretti.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Originally posted by Peanut
    How's this for a bump?

Southy, are you going to join me again?

I had recorded the two quals. I watched them tonight. Rained out yesterday. Practice today and they switched channels for quals. They should make a smart DVR. Follow the bouncing program.

Some scary crashes this week. I'm glad they made them change to race set up. More down force. Keep those cars on the ground.

I wish Simona de Silvestro had a full time ride. She's shown some really good progress.

Row 1:
    #9 Scott Dixon (W) ...#1 Will Power... #22 Simon Pagenaud

Row 2:
    #10 Tony Kanaan (W)... #3 Helio Castroneves (W) ...#25 Justin Wilson

Row 3:
    #11 Sebastien Bourdais... #27 Marco Andretti... #21 Josef Newgarden

Row 4
    #6 JR Hildebrand... #26 Carlos Munoz... #20 Ed Carpenter

Row 5:
    #32 Oriol Servia... #83 Charlie Kimball... #2 Juan Pablo Montoya (W)

Row 6:
    #28 Ryan Hunter-Reay (W)... #15 Graham Rahal ...#18 Carlos Huertas

Row 7:
    #29 Simona de Silvestro... #7 James Jakes... #19 Tristan Vautier (***)

Row 8:
    #48 Alex Tagliani... #8 Sage Karam ... #5 James Hinchcliffe

Row 9:
    #43 Conor Daly... #24 Townsend Bell ...#14 Takuma Sato

Row 10:
    #63 Pippa Mann... #98 Gabby Chaves (R)... #17 Sebastian Saavedra

Row 11:
    #41 Jack Hawksworth... #4 Stefano Coletti (R)... #88 Bryan Clauson
    I had bumped your old thread. I'll delete my post and put it here.

Hinchcliffe is out after that bad crash.

Townsend Bell is running the 24 to honor Jeff Gordon. I thought that was cool.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I got the pre race on.

sigpic

Comment

Congradations to Juan Pablo Montoya. Starting 30th out of 33 and finishes first.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
          Congradations to Juan Pablo Montoya. Starting 30th out of 33 and finishes first.
          I didn't get to watch the whole race, but I saw the end, and I found it exciting. I like road coarse racing as well. Congrats to Juan, heck of a finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
            I knew him when he was just Juan Montoya.

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
            I didn't get to watch the whole race, but I saw the end, and I found it exciting. I like road coarse racing as well. Congrats to Juan, heck of a finish.
            I haven't seen the race, yet. Was at the gym and saw the celebration.

I love road courses.
            Administrator

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
              I knew him when he was just Juan Montoya.

I haven't seen the race, yet. Was at the gym and saw the celebration.

I love road courses.
              I usually go to Mid Ohio every year, I love it.

Comment

I usually go to Mid Ohio every year, I love it.
                I've never been to an IndyCar race, even though it's my favorite form of racing. I'm thinking of going to Pocono next year.

Part of me wishes that I had gone to the races when they were in Baltimore (20 minutes away), but I had a feeling that it was going to be disorganized. I thought it would last longer than 2 years.

I watched the 500 yesterday. Good stuff.
                Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                  I've never been to an IndyCar race, even though it's my favorite form of racing. I'm thinking of going to Pocono next year.

Part of me wishes that I had gone to the races when they were in Baltimore (20 minutes away), but I had a feeling that it was going to be disorganized. I thought it would last longer than 2 years.

I watched the 500 yesterday. Good stuff.
                  Racing and myself go way back. My uncle was a racer at local dirt tracks, so I spent a lot of time at the local tracks when I was a kid, nothing like getting a little dirt in your teeth watching some late models/sprint cars, lol.

I love the world of outlaws, growing up pulling for racers such as Doug Wolfgang, and so on. Then.... I discovered Nascar, and I couldn't help being drawn to this Dale Earnhardt guy who was driving this blue, and yellow #3 Wrangler car. Over the years this Dale guy was larger than life to me without even really knowing it. I loved Nascar, still do, but not the way I once did.

I watched Dale win most of his seven championships, and struggle later in his career, Nascar racing was sooooo exciting in the 80's, and 90's. Back then I remember my dad going to Mid Ohio, and being into Indy which split in to cart, and whatever else, I wasn't really into it. I still remember great racers such as Emerson, and Bobby, but I just didn't dig it.

Long story short it was Daytona 2001, and I was so stoked about the upcoming season, and Dale Earnhardt Inc., I watched that race, and it was just awesome, Jr, Waltrip, and Sr back, and forth between 1,2,3. One thing was bugging me though, Sr wasn't going for it, he wasn't looking for the lead, he was actually doing something that he never did in his entire career, he was going for 3rd, or 2nd, while blocking to help Michael, or Jr win. Imo it cost him his life.

When Sr hit the wall I thought he's fine, I've seen him go through worse, and I remember it like it was yesterday. I went to do laundry, and my mom called me, and said Earnhardt died, I was shocked, stunned. I wept like a baby, and Nascar has never been the same. I root for Jr because of his father, I love Jr, but there was only one Sr, he was one of a kind, he did great things for people, and was the type of guy who wouldn't want anyone to know about it. Hes up there with Ali's, the Jordan's, Ruth's, or whoever.

Fast forward some odd years later, my dad passed away, I started going to Mid Ohio, and I enjoy Indy car racing more than Nascar. I love road coarse's to death. I've met Danica, David Letterman, and so on.

Opposite of you though Peanut I've never been to a Nascar race, and it's on my bucket list, so hopefully you can see the Indy's one day, and I can catch a Nascar race. By the way, I still love dirt track, if you ever get a chance fo to a World of Outlaw race, you won't be disappointed.

One last thing, I actually still have SR's last ever victory on vhs at Talladega, and on that same tape the same day I have Denver crushing the Browns, lol. It was in was 98 I believe it was a great day. Dale came from like 20th or so with very little laps to go to win the race, it was back when the middle lane was just as fast as the outside or inside, great racing.

Sorry for ranting.
                  Last edited by ELWAY421; 05-26-2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Racing and myself go way back. My uncle was a racer at local dirt tracks, so I spent a lot of time at the local tracks when I was a kid, nothing like getting a little dirt in your teeth watching some late models/sprint cars, lol.

I love the world of outlaws, growing up pulling for racers such as Doug Wolfgang, and so on. Then.... I discovered Nascar, and I couldn't help being drawn to this Dale Earnhardt guy who was driving this blue, and yellow #3 Wrangler car. Over the years this Dale guy was larger than life to me without even really knowing it. I loved Nascar, still do, but not the way I once did.

I watched Dale win most of his seven championships, and struggle later in his career, Nascar racing was sooooo exciting in the 80's, and 90's. Back then I remember my dad going to Mid Ohio, and being into Indy which split in to cart, and whatever else, I wasn't really into it. I still remember great racers such as Emerson, and Bobby, but I just didn't dig it.

Long story short it was Daytona 2001, and I was so stoked about the upcoming season, and Dale Earnhardt Inc., I watched that race, and it was just awesome, Jr, Waltrip, and Sr back, and forth between 1,2,3. One thing was bugging me though, Sr wasn't going for it, he wasn't looking for the lead, he was actually doing something that he never did in his entire career, he was going for 3rd, or 2nd, while blocking to help Michael, or Jr win. Imo it cost him his life.

When Sr hit the wall I thought he's fine, I've seen him go through worse, and I remember it like it was yesterday. I went to do laundry, and my mom called me, and said Earnhardt died, I was shocked, stunned. I wept like a baby, and Nascar has never been the same. I root for Jr because of his father, I love Jr, but there was only one Sr, he was one of a kind, he did great things for people, and was the type of guy who wouldn't want anyone to know about it. Hes up there with Ali's, the Jordan's, Ruth's, or whoever.

Fast forward some odd years later, my dad passed away, I started going to Mid Ohio, and I enjoy Indy car racing more than Nascar. I love road coarse's to death. I've met Danica, David Letterman, and so on.

Opposite of you though Peanut I've never been to a Nascar race, and it's on my bucket list, so hopefully you can see the Indy's one day, and I can catch a Nascar race. By the way, I still love dirt track, if you ever get a chance fo to a World of Outlaw race, you won't be disappointed.

One last thing, I actually still have SR's last ever victory on vhs at Talladega, and on that same tape the same day I have Denver crushing the Browns, lol. It was in was 98 I believe it was a great day. Dale came from like 20th or so with very little laps to go to win the race, it was back when the middle lane was just as fast as the outside or inside, great racing.

Sorry for ranting.
                    I meant to reply to this ages ago.

I love to hear stories about how people got into a particular sport. Thanks for sharing.

I hope you get to go to a NASCAR race. It's a great experience.

Fontana (and some other tracks) = restrictor plate racing. It can get scary. When drivers ask for help, the powers that be should listen.

I love IndyCar, but sometimes... I pull for Rahal. He's one of the ones that stayed with CHAMP in the split. But to leave the pits with equipment and not get penalized? And wins the race? As with any sport, be consistent with the rules.

And I am not liking Karam. I kind of wish the old Foyt was back. During his interview today, hubby and I looked at each other like "What?!". Maybe after his health issues, he needs to be calm.
                    Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Bump until Southy starts a new thread.

A year after his crash that almost took his life, Hinchcliffe sits on the pole for the 100th Indy 500. Sam Schmidt looked so happy. Great stories.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2016/05/...fe-pole-follow
                      Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Go Hinchcliffe!!!

Yah.....I know, another Canadian. But what a story!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          Go Hinchcliffe!!!

Yah.....I know, another Canadian. But what a story!!
                          I wondered if you would notice.

Yeah, two great stories. Hinch and co-owner Sam.
                          Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Another great story: Stefan Wilson, Justin Wilson's brother, is driving the #25 in the 500.

Shelby Blackstock, #51 in Indy Lights (Andretti), is Reba McIntire's son.
                            Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

I was just telling hubby that there were two drivers that I did not want to win today. One of them was Karam. Two seconds later and he's in the wall. Bell better not get penalized.
                              Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Working...
                              X