Warriors vs Bulls....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warriors vs Bulls....

I don't think the Warriors season is as impressive as the Bulls was with MJ.

There are like 5 good teams in the nba this year...

Moved to correct spot.....
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

The Warriors are great, but I wouldn't ever bet against Michael Jordan. Jordan was the best player to play the game imo. The NBA was a tougher league when Jordan played, Jordan faced tougher opposition. Steph Curry is still one of the best shooters I've ever watched, though.

Comment

Well it looks like the warriors are now drinking a case of chokacola.

If they lack the mental toughness to take an easy home win against Minnesota due to record pressure then I doubt they can beat the Spurs in May anyway.
        sigpic

Comment

The 95-96 Bulls would sweep these Warriors. True story.

Warriors play no defense and rely on the 3 too much.

The new NBA rules protect Curry and that is why he succeeds.

My money is on Chicago.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
          Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
          Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
          Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
          I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            Well it looks like the warriors are now drinking a case of chokacola.

If they lack the mental toughness to take an easy home win against Minnesota due to record pressure then I doubt they can beat the Spurs in May anyway.
            I guess Under Armour refs aren't as good as Nike refs.

Seriously though, Warriors might not get or even tie the record now. To get it, they gotta beat the Spurs twice. Depending on how Memphis feels about playing OKC or LA, they're going to be all in for the GS games. If GS is dialed in, I think they'll get it, because you never know what kind of psychological warfare coach Pop is up to. He could bench everybody for all we know.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
              I guess Under Armour refs aren't as good as Nike refs.

Seriously though, Warriors might not get or even tie the record now. To get it, they gotta beat the Spurs twice. Depending on how Memphis feels about playing OKC or LA, they're going to be all in for the GS games. If GS is dialed in, I think they'll get it, because you never know what kind of psychological warfare coach Pop is up to. He could bench everybody for all we know.
              Pop already said he is resting people for the game in Oakland tomorrow. I would say gimmie game except the warriors choked last night.
              sigpic

Comment

So just for fun, I took a look at the 95-96 Bulls rotation and compared it with the Warriors. Something jumped out at me.

Both teams would likely go with their usual starting lineups. Based on Pippen's comment that he would guard Curry, and MJ would guard Thompson, this is what the defensive matchups for Chicago would look like:

Steph/Pippen
                Klay/MJ
                Barnes/Harper
                Green/Rodman
                Bogut/Longley
                This is feasible, but you're really eliminating what made Rodman great as a rim protector and rebounder if Green is utilized on the perimeter. You couldn't switch pick and roll situations with Green either.

Here's where it gets interesting. Iggy and Livingston are the main cogs on the GS bench. Kerr and Kukoc were the same for Chicago. Are you really going to put Kerr on Livingston? And likewise, Kukoc on Iggy is a stretch. Suppose you substitute Kukoc with Harper, harper can guard Iggy, and Kukoc can guard Barnes. That makes more sense. There is still the issue with Kerr, though. The only solution to make the rotation work is Randy Brown, who was actually a pretty good defender, but was only 6'2 (maybe) and was very limited offensively. The only person I can see Kerr checking over a long period of time is Brandon Rush.

Throw in Barbosa, and now you have a situation where Wennington wouldn't even be able to get on the court most of the time. Jud Buechler would have to get his minutes (not necessarily a bad thing). Buechler was a better player than Wennington IMO. None of this accounts for what might happen if GS comes back with Speights, who can shoot the triple.

This matchup would be a lot tougher for the Bulls than I think a lot of the former players are willing to admit.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                  So just for fun, I took a look at the 95-96 Bulls rotation and compared it with the Warriors. Something jumped out at me.

Both teams would likely go with their usual starting lineups. Based on Pippen's comment that he would guard Curry, and MJ would guard Thompson, this is what the defensive matchups for Chicago would look like:

Steph/Pippen
                  Klay/MJ
                  Barnes/Harper
                  Green/Rodman
                  Bogut/Longley
                  This is feasible, but you're really eliminating what made Rodman great as a rim protector and rebounder if Green is utilized on the perimeter. You couldn't switch pick and roll situations with Green either.

Here's where it gets interesting. Iggy and Livingston are the main cogs on the GS bench. Kerr and Kukoc were the same for Chicago. Are you really going to put Kerr on Livingston? And likewise, Kukoc on Iggy is a stretch. Suppose you substitute Kukoc with Harper, harper can guard Iggy, and Kukoc can guard Barnes. That makes more sense. There is still the issue with Kerr, though. The only solution to make the rotation work is Randy Brown, who was actually a pretty good defender, but was only 6'2 (maybe) and was very limited offensively. The only person I can see Kerr checking over a long period of time is Brandon Rush.

Throw in Barbosa, and now you have a situation where Wennington wouldn't even be able to get on the court most of the time. Jud Buechler would have to get his minutes (not necessarily a bad thing). Buechler was a better player than Wennington IMO. None of this accounts for what might happen if GS comes back with Speights, who can shoot the triple.

This matchup would be a lot tougher for the Bulls than I think a lot of the former players are willing to admit.
                  I argued this with my brother yesterday. The Warriors are one of the deepest teams in NBA history. It's how they were able to overcome Lebron last year.

The 95-96 Bulls had arguably the best player in history on their roster and easily the best in the NBA at the time.

These Warriors will have to beat the 65+ win Spurs and likely the best player in the NBA to get a ring with their regular season record.

And to your point I think that yes while MJ/Pippen and Rodman could be nightmares for the Warriors, beyond that I think it starts to heavily favor the Warriors.

One thing though is if the Bulls get to have Phil Jackson coaching is that the x factor?
                  sigpic

Comment

I argued this with my brother yesterday. The Warriors are one of the deepest teams in NBA history. It's how they were able to overcome Lebron last year.

The 95-96 Bulls had arguably the best player in history on their roster and easily the best in the NBA at the time.

These Warriors will have to beat the 65+ win Spurs and likely the best player in the NBA to get a ring with their regular season record.

And to your point I think that yes while MJ/Pippen and Rodman could be nightmares for the Warriors, beyond that I think it starts to heavily favor the Warriors.

One thing though is if the Bulls get to have Phil Jackson coaching is that the x factor?
                    Michael Jordan himself would be the X factor. The dude would be unstoppable in his prime under these ticky tack hand check foul rules. I think the Bulls would've had a combination of Jordan, Harper, and Pippen guarding Stepgh. Take Steph out of the game and the Warriors lose. There wasn't taking Jordan out of games after he got that 1st title except when he came back wearing 45, and when he was with the Wizards. Jordan could've had 8 straight championships if he didn't go play baseball.

Comment

GS isn't a physical team & Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman were all DEFENSIVE MONSTERS!
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I dunno, the 95-96 bulls were quite possibly the best team in the history of professional sports...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                          Michael Jordan himself would be the X factor. The dude would be unstoppable in his prime under these ticky tack hand check foul rules. I think the Bulls would've had a combination of Jordan, Harper, and Pippen guarding Stepgh. Take Steph out of the game and the Warriors lose. There wasn't taking Jordan out of games after he got that 1st title except when he came back wearing 45, and when he was with the Wizards. Jordan could've had 8 straight championships if he didn't go play baseball.
                          But a sweep as Pippen claims?

They didn't even sweep the title that year.
                          sigpic

Comment

But a sweep as Pippen claims?

They didn't even sweep the title that year.
                            I think the Warriors would win 2. No team ever took the Bulls to 7 games in the finals. For the record I couldn't stand Jordan, I was against him in every series, but nobody can deny his greatness. I'm not even sure that was the Bulls best team. I liked Horace, Hodges, and that lineup as well. Bulls in 6.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                              I think the Warriors would win 2. No team ever took the Bulls to 7 games in the finals. For the record I couldn't stand Jordan, I was against him in every series, but nobody can deny his greatness. I'm not even sure that was the Bulls best team. I liked Horace, Hodges, and that lineup as well. Bulls in 6.
                              Oh believe me I'm not debating his greatness at all. I am a MJ fan.

But I also think Steph is better than a lot of people give him credit for. And he is still younger now than that MJ was. And shutting him down is possible but not as easy for an entire series. I would think you would know that as well as anyone.

I'm not saying the Warriors would win. Just saying it definitely wouldn't be a sweep. And I could easily see it being a lot tougher than people think. As in a game 7 game ending shot for MJ.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X