No announcement yet.

Warriors vs Bulls....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, and Harper were at least as athletically gifted as anybody on the Warriors roster. Maybe not so much Harper after he screwed his knee up, but people forget he was a poor man's Jordan before that. Not even getting into Shawn Kemp.

In general, I agree though. I think it's pretty obvious that humans are getting bigger and faster, which speaks to how difficult it can be to compare eras.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
      To a certain extent I'd agree with that, but when you look back at Jordan, Malone, Pippen, Iverson, Shaq in their primes do they look like the couldn't hang physically? We're not talking the 60's or 70's lol.

This is my opinion but basketball was a better game back then. There were better players, better teams, and better coaches. Back then you were allowed to play defense. I'm not calling today's players soft, but I am saying you could play defense without getting called for foul after foul. Steph is great, the Warriors are great, but Jordan had already won 3 titles when the Bulls had their 72 win season. The Warriors had a great season but I don't think they could have that same season playing back then. The Bulls of the 90's are one of the greatest squads of all time imo. The Warriors are not quite there yet. Going against Jordan is blasphemous lol.
      Not gunna derail the convo with a video, but yeah, Dr. J? Darryl Dawkins? The average player may not stack up, but the best athletes definitely could.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
        To be fair, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, and Harper were at least as athletically gifted as anybody on the Warriors roster. Maybe not so much Harper after he screwed his knee up, but people forget he was a poor man's Jordan before that. Not even getting into Shawn Kemp.

In general, I agree though. I think it's pretty obvious that humans are getting bigger and faster, which speaks to how difficult it can be to compare eras.
        They are getting bigger faster stronger compared to how far back?

This is one of my favorite players of all time, and he was drafted in the early 90's. He looks physically able to play now lol.

If you are going way back I totally agree, but Steve Atwater was big enough, strong enough & fast enough to play now.

I think the problem is you guys are too young to remember the 90's lol.

Just joking.

Seriously though, Michael Jordan was the greatest, and Steph & the Warriors can get there, but they have a ways to go..

Comment

This is one of my favorite players of all time, and he was drafted in the early 90's. He looks physically able to play now lol.

If you are going way back I totally agree, but Steve Atwater was big enough, strong enough & fast enough to play now.

Just joking.

Seriously though, Michael Jordan was the greatest, and Steph & the Warriors can get there, but they have a ways to go..
          LJ was definitely not an average NBA athlete, and that's what I'm saying. Players in general.

A comparison that you, of all people here would get is the Heavyweight division. Look at it now compared to even twenty years ago. Then take it a step farther and go back another thirty years to Patterson and Marciano.
          Spice 1
          Football Immortal
          Last edited by Spice 1; 04-12-2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
            LJ was definitely not an average NBA athlete, and that's what I'm saying. Players in general.

A comparison that you, of all people here would get is the Heavyweight division. Look at it now compared to even twenty years ago. Then take it a step farther and go back another thirty years to Patterson and Marciano.

I still think it's how far you go back, right? Think about it, Riddick Bowe would put a beat down on today's heavyweights. Roy Jones in his prime would stomp Kovalev and wreck the whole super middleweight division. If you go back to the 70's or 60's I don't have an argument at all. Idk man, I guess it all comes back to it would be hard to bet against Jordan and the Bulls.

Comment

Just joking.

Lol I'm 33. Definitely not too young to remember the 90's. It's why I think nostalgia plays a part in people's opinions on the subject.
              sigpic

Comment

Not that this will matter but

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...1960s-to-today

Comment

Working...
                X