Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Masters......Easily One Of (If Not) The Best Of The Majors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Masters......Easily One Of (If Not) The Best Of The Majors

    The familiarity of the beautifully designed Augusta meets head on with Spring, and the first major of the year! There is something hard to explain about the excitement that this tournament can stir up, especially on Sunday afternoons when there is a group of players in tight!

    And though Tiger is seemingly out of the picture, possibly long term, golf is about as competitive and refreshing at the top as it has ever been, with names like Jason, Rory, Jordan, Ricky, Bubba, Adam and plenty more....and lets not forget Phil, who you can't count out.

    I am so looking forward to this weekend! I hope it's a fight to the finish. Even without Tiger, golf is in a very good place right now!

  • #2
    Not to be a downer Can but without Tiger anywhere in the picture I really have lost all interest in Golf.

    I liked Rory for a little bit but just don't care enough anymore. I honestly forgot the masters was even coming up until this thread.

    But with football and now college basketball coming to a close who knows. Maybe I'll take a peek or two this weekend.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Not to be a downer Can but without Tiger anywhere in the picture I really have lost all interest in Golf.

      I liked Rory for a little bit but just don't care enough anymore. I honestly forgot the masters was even coming up until this thread.

      But with football and now college basketball coming to a close who knows. Maybe I'll take a peek or two this weekend.
      That's cool DB. But I'll ask you one thing....even if you don't get up for it, wouldn't you want to play Augusta? Wow, that would be on my top 5 courses to play in he world!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        That's cool DB. But I'll ask you one thing....even if you don't get up for it, wouldn't you want to play Augusta? Wow, that would be on my top 5 courses to play in he world!!
        I don't know. I might shoot a 200 at Augusta. I'd be afraid to tear it up.

        But I suppose if I was halfway decent it would be nice.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          The familiarity of the beautifully designed Augusta meets head on with Spring, and the first major of the year! There is something hard to explain about the excitement that this tournament can stir up, especially on Sunday afternoons when there is a group of players in tight!

          And though Tiger is seemingly out of the picture, possibly long term, golf is about as competitive and refreshing at the top as it has ever been, with names like Jason, Rory, Jordan, Ricky, Bubba, Adam and plenty more....and lets not forget Phil, who you can't count out.

          I am so looking forward to this weekend! I hope it's a fight to the finish. Even without Tiger, golf is in a very good place right now!
          Watching right now. Not the most exciting masters I've watched but still good. Spieth is pretty amazing, could be the next Tiger. Still sad Mick didn't make the cut.

          But I agree Can, I love watching the masters!!
          sigpic
          BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

          Comment


          • #6
            Rory is imploding
            sigpic
            BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

            Comment


            • #7
              2 bogeys in a row by spieth is making it more exciting
              sigpic
              BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                2 bogeys in a row by spieth is making it more exciting
                Wow what a melt down, see if he can climb out
                sigpic
                BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

                Comment


                • #9
                  12th hole for Spieth was like watching real life Tin Cup.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    12th hole for Spieth was like watching real life Tin Cup.
                    I had the same thought
                    sigpic
                    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yikes, who'd a thunk it? Jordan looked like most of us on the 12th. The first one in the water is explainable, though unanticipated. But not the 2nd.....nor the 3rd that went into the trap. Poor guy. I was not pulling for him, but he must be crushed. It's a lonely feeling I'm sure, but coming from one of the best players in the world is quite shocking.

                      He'll be fine long term. The guy makes putting look like breathing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Yikes, who'd a thunk it? Jordan looked like most of us on the 12th. The first one in the water is explainable, though unanticipated. But not the 2nd.....nor the 3rd that went into the trap. Poor guy. I was not pulling for him, but he must be crushed. It's a lonely feeling I'm sure, but coming from one of the best players in the world is quite shocking.

                        He'll be fine long term. The guy makes putting look like breathing.
                        Yeah, he will be fine in the long run, he's what 22?

                        I've seen this so many times lol. Mickelson at wingfoot, I even remember the shark Greg Norman choking away multiple majors. I love golf, I love playing golf. Imo golf is in good hands with Jordan, Bubba, Day, and on down the line.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                          Yeah, he will be fine in the long run, he's what 22?

                          I've seen this so many times lol. Mickelson at wingfoot, I even remember the shark Greg Norman choking away multiple majors. I love golf, I love playing golf. Imo golf is in good hands with Jordan, Bubba, Day, and on down the line.
                          Agreed, golf is in good hands! There are at least 10 players who can make a serious run at every Major, and that's great for the game!! And there are plenty more who can compete, and will no doubt win the odd major as well. Case in point, Willett. And the best players are all relatively young.

                          Hey, did you see all those holes in one, on 16? Incredible! Mind you, 16 can be like a trough when the pin is in that spot.

                          I miss Augusta already. BEAUTIFUL! The house that Bobby Jones built. I guess I have one beef about the club.....they should try to loosen up a little.
                          CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          Last edited by CanDB; 04-11-2016, 06:59 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Willet is ranked 12th, and I've never heard of him. I heard he turned down his PGA card for the European tour?

                            I personally think they should keep Augusta the way it is. I get tired of seeing -17 in some of these tourneys. Phil is my favorite golfer, but I like Jason day as well because his wife is from Ohio lol. Earlier in the basketball season the two were sitting front row for a Cavaliers game and Lebron accidentally ran that poor woman over and sent her to the hospital.

                            Anyway I find it a little frustrating that golf gets negative reviews because of Tiger not being around. As you stated there are so many good golfers on tour right now it makes it very interesting for me.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X