• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Rio Olympics

Rumour has it that there's something going on in South America

Anyone watch the opening ceremony?
    I was fast asleep.
    Hoping to catch sight of Andy Murray our flag bearer in the Olympic Breakfast show soon.

Today, I'm looking forward to the Men's Cycling Road Race.
    Go Geraint Thomas!

I watched it. It was great. Enjoyed it.

Not sure what I'm going to be watching.
    Administrator
    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      I watched it. It was great. Enjoyed it.

Not sure what I'm going to be watching.
      Caught some highlights just now. Looked good. Refreshing too that they did it with a relatively modest budget.

Comment

The scenery in this road race (and I don't mean the cyclists behinds) is stunning!
        A brute of a route to ride though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
          The scenery in this road race (and I don't mean the cyclists behinds) is stunning!
          A brute of a route to ride though.
          Looks like it's just you and me here. We can post pictures like that overly oiled flag bearer.

Someone just took a nasty fall. Hope they're okay.
          Administrator
          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I love the Olympics, even though this one has had its challenges. But through it all, there are thousands of great athletes involved in a huge event, one they will always remember. I will dwell on the good stuff. There will be records broken, heroic tales and memories for life.

I watched most of the Opening Ceremony, and really enjoyed it. The visuals of Rio are amazing, especially the statue of Christ The Redeemer overlooking the city.

Comment

My wife is an olympics maniac so it'll be on in our house all day every day
              "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
              PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
              LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                Looks like it's just you and me here. We can post pictures like that overly oiled flag bearer.

Someone just took a nasty fall. Hope they're okay.
                Lol yes please.
                Some horrible falls on the final descent including my boy Geraint who was in medal contention with just 10km to go

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                  My wife is an olympics maniac so it'll be on in our house all day every day
                  Women rule

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  I love the Olympics, even though this one has had its challenges. But through it all, there are thousands of great athletes involved in a huge event, one they will always remember. I will dwell on the good stuff. There will be records broken, heroic tales and memories for life.

I watched most of the Opening Ceremony, and really enjoyed it. The visuals of Rio are amazing, especially the statue of Christ The Redeemer overlooking the city.
                  Stunning city.
                  Canada looked good in the Women's Rugby Sevens.

Comment

I watched some last night. It was great. I was confused at first why our athletes had a polo player on their jackets. I was informed that it had to do with Ralph Lauren. Who knew?

My favorite sports are women's soccer, women's beach volleyball and gymnastics. I do like the swimming stuff too.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      I watched some last night. It was great. I was confused at first why our athletes had a polo player on their jackets. I was informed that it had to do with Ralph Lauren. Who knew?

My favorite sports are women's soccer, women's beach volleyball and gymnastics. I do like the swimming stuff too.
                      I watched some of the Men's gymnastics tonight and am already hooked.

This girl's a star:
                      http://http://www.independent.co.uk/...-a7173546.html

Comment

They need a mercy rule for the basketball team. Up by 30 at half. Not fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                          Women rule

Stunning city.
                          Canada looked good in the Women's Rugby Sevens.
                          Thx for noticing Jawsie.....those female rubgy players are TOUGH!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                            They need a mercy rule for the basketball team. Up by 30 at half. Not fun to watch.
                            Yeah, I'm with you. It doesn't seem fair that professional NBA players participate in the games. I always thought it should be for semi amateurs, not for athletes who make $100's of millions of dollars. Same could be said for other sports like tennis, hockey and other sports. But that's just me.
                            Last edited by broncoslover115; 08-06-2016, 08:08 PM.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                              Yeah, I'm with you. It doesn't seem fair that professional NBA players participate in the games. I always thought it should be for semi amateurs, not for athletes who make $100's of millions of dollars. Same could be said for other sports like tennis, hockey and other sports. But that's just me.
                              I agree completely. Re: olympic basketball, I always thought it was the US that changed it's rules to allow pros but apparently it was the FIBA (International Basketball Federation) that decided to allow professionals from all countries to play in 1989. Interesting that both the US and Russia voted against this but were outvoted. 1992 was the 1st year NBA pros were allowed on the olympic "dream team" and I wish it had never happened (not just in basketball but all sports where pros are allowed). I much prefer the old days of the olympics where the athletes were all amateurs playing for country and the love of their sport not millionaire mercenaries.
                              "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                              PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                              LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Working...
                              X