Who You Got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who You Got?

I know this is not football related but it is somewhat controversial therefore I felt it'd be better served if I posted it in here.

Now that it is official, who you taking Money or Notorious? Give your opinion on you wish to win as opposed to who you think will win.

If I were a betting man, I'd have to put my money on mayweather, there's just no contest IMO even if all he does is run throughout every fight.

However who I want to win is a different story, In a perfect world, I'd like to see McGregor knock the stupid puckered block off his shoulders!

Why is that? This clown puckers his lips in every picture (so ignorant and juvenile) are we supposed to see that as being sexy? Eh whatever the guy is an idiot and I hope McGregor actually has something to make it an interesting fight, even though he was knocked silly by a sparing partner.
    Notorious
    21.43%
    Money
    50.00%
    Boxing is stupid
    28.57%

As much as I want so much for McGregor to win, there really is no chance. I'll still root for him, because I despise Mayweather.

That being said, McGregor basically just trash talked his way into $80 million+. That's pretty incredible.

EDIT: Just realized OP made the poll for who you want to win, not who you think will win. Whoops.

Comment

I would love to see conner just beat the crap out of Mayweather

but when money is to chicken to fight him freely...instead basically tied one hand behind his back and stacked the deck...all he has to do is dance around till conner gets tired of chasing him
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

but when money is to chicken to fight him freely...instead basically tied one hand behind his back and stacked the deck...all he has to do is dance around till conner gets tired of chasing him
        He wins on points by forcing other boxers to fight his fight but you'll never see him knock out any other boxer.

However there is a really strong chance we'll see the wuss go toe to toe with McGregor due to ignorantly believing McGregor can't box as well as other boxers.

Comment

you guys that vote connor are dumb if you put money on him. he not a boxer and not even a good fighter. brady would put up a better fight atleast he can take a hit and get back up

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Tank View Post
            you guys that vote connor are dumb if you put money on him. he not a boxer and not even a good fighter. brady would put up a better fight atleast he can take a hit and get back up
            Oh my goodness! I said vote for who you want to win as oppose to giving us your pick to win. Nobody's betting money in here Timmy....

BTW your half right on Brady, hes good at taking hits. He took 24 pile drivers to turf at sports authority field.

Comment

I hate it... cuz I love McGregor. The whole thing is a stunt. McGregor wanted to make a lot of money and he got his wish.

Unfortunately, I have 0 doubt in my mind that Mayweather will win this. Love him or hate him, he is one of the best technical boxers ever. Vs good boxers, now that he is older, he sits back and guards hits for 80% of the match, then uses the other 20% to take quick shots and score points. When he was younger, he knocked out quite a few guys, but it's not his game anymore. This match will be extremely boring with McGregor slapping him around for first couple of rounds.

Then again, Mayweather may just open up a can of whoop of McGregor and dominate him. I suppose I wouldn't be surprised by that either. Again, 0% chance McG wins.

This match is pure 100% show. Good for both of these guys for giving the fans what they want... but it's a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                I hate it... cuz I love McGregor. The whole thing is a stunt. McGregor wanted to make a lot of money and he got his wish.

Unfortunately, I have 0 doubt in my mind that Mayweather will win this. Love him or hate him, he is one of the best technical boxers ever. Vs good boxers, now that he is older, he sits back and guards hits for 80% of the match, then uses the other 20% to take quick shots and score points. When he was younger, he knocked out quite a few guys, but it's not his game anymore. This match will be extremely boring with McGregor slapping him around for first couple of rounds.

Then again, Mayweather may just open up a can of whoop of McGregor and dominate him. I suppose I wouldn't be surprised by that either. Again, 0% chance McG wins.

This match is pure 100% show. Good for both of these guys for giving the fans what they want... but it's a joke.
                Nothing personal against Connor McGregor, but that would be a lot of fun to watch because just like Mayweather Connor McGregor can use a good ass kicking as well. lol

Comment

Mayweather wins by unanimous decision. He will dodge the punches. McGregor will get tired. Jab, jab, jab. It's an interesting experiment; it does not mean it will be an entertaining fight all the way.
                  Last edited by -Rod-; 06-16-2017, 12:33 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Dude said Conor not a good fighter. I'm just....nevermind, alien overlord take over. Hahahahahhha
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Thread cleaned and moved to Other Sports. Putting a thread in Smack opens it up to.... well, smack. There really is no off topic in Smack.

Please remember that this is not Smack. No name calling. No Brady. Off topic posts will be IPed.

Thanks for understanding.
                      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

Are you sure that Mayweather is afraid to stand in the pocket with McGregor?

I'm not going to buy this fight, but I have some random thoughts. I don't think the Van Heerden sparring session should be taken too, too seriously. Squaring himself up, stepping with the wrong foot, fighting straight up at close range, hands down, etc. I've watched some videos of him training, and he's working on pivots, step thoughs, and flips a lot. He's also working on switching orthodox and back to southpaw to create angles. Of course he's not in with a live body. It's always heavybag work, but he's at least been trying to correct the bad habits he's gotten into from fighting MMA. Connor has a boxing background, and he's working hard to do his best in this fight. I can at least respect that. What Van Heerden said about reverting back to old habits in the ring though, I think may get him knocked out in the end.

This fight is a farce, to a degree, but I do have respect for McGregor's work ethic, and the fact that he appears to be taking this seriously.

EDIT: Oh, and wide hooks. For Christ's sake Connor, you don't have to load up all the time. I hope he's working on not telegraphing the jab, and bring the quick right hook with the same look. Maybe he catches Floyd trying to catch the jab, or weave around it to throw the right hand or left hook.
                        Last edited by Spice 1; 06-16-2017, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Mayweather unfortunately. I am not a fan of either of these guys but mayweather is going to sit back score points get a lead protect that lead and win by unanimous decision and go home with a truck load of cash. It would be interesting if McGregor actually managed to knock mayweather out and break that 49-0 record. Judging by McGregor sparring it's looking like he's gonna get his face punched in but we'll see.

Comment

Whats worse concerning mayweather is if he wins he will sit there and say see im the greatest at boxing, if he loses he will probably say that it was a gimmick fight.

Sorry to me what mayweather does isnt boxing, a part of boxing yes but not the whole thing. Mayweather will tell you himself that its all about the $$$$, not the fans who put him there or anything else.

As far as conner goes i dispise the trash talking. Theres nothing worse than talking trash and then getting koed. But im irish so....and i loathe "money".

Guess ive always preferred the motto of speak softly and carry a big stick
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                              Are you sure that Mayweather is afraid to stand in the pocket with McGregor?

I'm not going to buy this fight, but I have some random thoughts. I don't think the Van Heerden sparring session should be taken too, too seriously. Squaring himself up, stepping with the wrong foot, fighting straight up at close range, hands down, etc. I've watched some videos of him training, and he's working on pivots, step thoughs, and flips a lot. He's also working on switching orthodox and back to southpaw to create angles. Of course he's not in with a live body. It's always heavybag work, but he's at least been trying to correct the bad habits he's gotten into from fighting MMA. Connor has a boxing background, and he's working hard to do his best in this fight. I can at least respect that. What Van Heerden said about reverting back to old habits in the ring though, I think may get him knocked out in the end.

This fight is a farce, to a degree, but I do have respect for McGregor's work ethic, and the fact that he appears to be taking this seriously.

EDIT: Oh, and wide hooks. For Christ's sake Connor, you don't have to load up all the time. I hope he's working on not telegraphing the jab, and bring the quick right hook with the same look. Maybe he catches Floyd trying to catch the jab, or weave around it to throw the right hand or left hook.
                              scared yes...indeed Mayweather is scared...Conner is a mma fighter that's his skill set. Mayweather is a boxer...but its not a bout of canners skill set vrs mayweathers...its a bout where Conner cannot fight in the system he has trained in whereas money can...if money is so confident on his skillet to avoid contact and counter...then why did he demand no kicks, no elbows, no takedowns....he knows if conner fights his style he would destroy Mayweather
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                              X