Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Fantasy Football League - 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    It's just a suggestion, and it probably will depend on how many people we have returning for next year. We can keep the random order next year, no problem.
    Discussing it in the off season would be better, I agree. That and "keeper".
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


    Comment


    • Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
      You can have Bell if you want, I'm not taking him.
      Can I have him at 10?
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        Can I have him at 10?
        They're gunna try to make me take him at 3, apparently. The first 4 picks should be interesting.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
          They're gunna try to make me take him at 3, apparently. The first 4 picks should be interesting.
          I know what I would do
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            Can I have him at 10?
            At 10... Maybe Kenny Bell.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
              At 10... Maybe Kenny Bell.
              SWEET!!!!!! haha
              sigpic

              Comment


              • I can haz Saquon at 2?
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                Comment


                • Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                  I can haz Saquon at 2?
                  I guess if you really wanted him you could.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                    I can haz Saquon at 2?
                    I guess you can. I have nothing to hide, so I'm considering picking Todd Gurley at #1. Then, it will be a loooooooong wait until the last pick of round 2, when you pick right in front of me.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      Only problem I have with the standing order being the draft order is guys will start tanking if they know they are out of it. Guys at the top fighting for position will get easy wins when that may affect a guy just trying to get in, just my two cents
                      Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      they will do that anyway if that's how they play. People like different draft positions. some people like being at the top or bottom so they can double hit every pick and some like being in the middle so there isn't a big gap between picks.
                      Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                      It's just a suggestion, and it probably will depend on how many people we have returning for next year. We can keep the random order next year, no problem.
                      After I last left I thought about the "tanking" part a little. With that and other things in mind, I think we keep things as is unless we come to complete agreement sometime later (as has been mentioned). Maybe discuss again around draft time when we will all be back and tuned in. But as I reassess, I would lean back to a random draft again next year.

                      Not a priority this day, this month (including August).

                      BTW.....just a friendly thought to my competitors who choose before me. Think out of the box. Don't follow those stupid NFL rankings. Look further! Be ahead of the game...find the gems (that are not ranked ahead of my first pick or two!!!)





                      PLEASE!!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        After I last left I thought about the "tanking" part a little. With that and other things in mind, I think we keep things as is unless we come to complete agreement sometime later (as has been mentioned). Maybe discuss again around draft time when we will all be back and tuned in. But as I reassess, I would lean back to a random draft again next year.

                        Not a priority this day, this month (including August).

                        BTW.....just a friendly thought to my competitors who choose before me. Think out of the box. Don't follow those stupid NFL rankings. Look further! Be ahead of the game...find the gems (that are not ranked ahead of my first pick or two!!!)





                        PLEASE!!!
                        I agree with the tanking aspect of NFL rules drafting. I also dont like how boring hitting a randomize button is. For the League I run I try and us other sporting events or high profile events. One year i used the Kentucky Derby, Ill put all the horses name in a hat then put all the managers in a hat and draw one each until all the managers are gone. How your horse finishes is your draft spot. I have used the World Cup, The Olympics, The Masters, March Madness etc. I have even used a stock price where I selected a stock and a day and everyone had to give a guess at what it would close at.

                        Just something to think about for next year, its all still random but can be fun.
                        sigpic
                        BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

                        Comment


                        • If we keep the random order, I will try something different next time, like drawing names out of a hat.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                            If we keep the random order, I will try something different next time, like drawing names out of a hat.
                            Better post a video lol

                            Comment


                            • Draft order usually doesn’t matter that much. Having a healthy team and being able to get those sleeper guys as well as navigating tricky matchups are what matter the most. Sometimes picking at the top handicaps you because you almost have to take the “safe” pick. If he gets hurt or has a regression your team can easily fall into the middle of the pack if you struggle with the other aspects. David Johnson owners experienced that last year.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                                Draft order usually doesn’t matter that much. Having a healthy team and being able to get those sleeper guys as well as navigating tricky matchups are what matter the most. Sometimes picking at the top handicaps you because you almost have to take the “safe” pick. If he gets hurt or has a regression your team can easily fall into the middle of the pack if you struggle with the other aspects. David Johnson owners experienced that last year.
                                I agree. I believe that you can win at any spot in the draft, and though there may be studies that will tell you that one position is better than others, in a snake draft and in a sport that is injury heavy, anything can happen.

                                And waivers can turn things completely around. I've acquired studs and I have even given up early on future studs. That's been my biggest regret, having an eventual top tier player in my backfield, only to let him go, just before he became the starter.

                                BTW gang.....I like trades from time to time. I hope many of you do as well! I find the bartering process really fun! Ideally, trades are made with "win win" in mind. Yes, we all like to make a positive deal for ourselves, but the beauty of good trades I find, is when one player has an excess of one type and a shortage of another, and a trading partner has the opposite situation. It's perfect!:thumb:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X