No announcement yet.

New Fantasy Football League - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just read through the whole forum and maybe I missed it but were we going to make this a keeper league? I seen it was discussed a little but I didn't see an actual ruling on it

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      I just read through the whole forum and maybe I missed it but were we going to make this a keeper league? I seen it was discussed a little but I didn't see an actual ruling on it
      I'll let Rod comment, but here's my 2 pennies....I am not for it, because 1) I think it works best if you have a group that is highly likely to stay intact, and though I believe we have that, it might make sense to wait a year or two to see if that is that case. And 2) I think it caters to the top teams, because it is likely they have some real keepers, whereas bottom teams may not, plus it diminishes the fun and opportunity of the drafts. And for me, a draft minus 12 top players is not doing a lot to enhance the fun of the draft nor the opportunity that is awaiting us each and every year. It is almost akin to starting a draft in round 2. Again, I love the draft when everyone is available.

And though I have not thought about this too much, I would propose that if we go with a keeper, we should strongly consider allowing draft position preference based on the last year's standings....last to first. So if the last place team wants to go 3rd or 9th or even 12th, they pick the number. And so forth. I much prefer that to a keeper combined with a random draft selection process.
      Last edited by CanDB; 10-06-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I'll let Rod comment, but here's my 2 pennies....I am not for it, because 1) I think it works best if you have a group that is highly likely to stay intact, and though I believe we have that, it might make sense to wait a year or two to see if that is that case. And 2) I think it caters to the top teams, because it is likely they have some real keepers, whereas bottom teams may not, plus it diminishes the fun and opportunity of the drafts. And for me, a draft minus 12 top players is not doing a lot to enhance the fun of the draft nor the opportunity that is awaiting us each and every year. It is almost akin to starting a draft in round 2. Again, I love the draft when everyone is available.

And though I have not thought about this too much, I would propose that if we go with a keeper, we should strongly consider allowing draft position preference based on the last year's standings....last to first. So if the last place team wants to go 3rd or 9th or even 12th, they pick the number. And so forth. I much prefer that to a keeper combined with a random draft selection process.
        I agree. If it were a dynasty league, I'd feel differently. I like to reshuffle every year, because it keeps emphasis on the owners to do their jobs. If we do go keeper, whatever though, because I drafted Elliott. I'm wondering though. Knowing it was a keeper league, would whoever took AB or Kareem have taken Barkley instead? It's possible.

I just looked at our draft recap, and realized I spent a 3rd round pick on Kenyan Drake. lol. Enjoy that Miami weather while you can, Gase.

Comment

I just read through the whole forum and maybe I missed it but were we going to make this a keeper league? I seen it was discussed a little but I didn't see an actual ruling on it
          We discussed it but there wasn't full support.
          sigpic

Comment

• I have evan engram who is almost healthy but need to make space for him. I have vance mcdonald so should I keep engram or dump him?

Comment

• I am stuck between a rock and a hard place with 4 of my starters on a bye and Crowell being a game time decision. I really don’t want to drop Zuerlein but I might have to

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                I am stuck between a rock and a hard place with 4 of my starters on a bye and Crowell being a game time decision. I really don’t want to drop Zuerlein but I might have to
                Meh, kickers are a dime a dozen. I have Ghostowski in another league and all he does is kick extra points, that's the downfall on having the kicker on a high octane offense.

Comment

Meh, kickers are a dime a dozen. I have Ghostowski in another league and all he does is kick extra points, that's the downfall on having the kicker on a high octane offense.
                  To an extent, an elite K can cover some holes. GZ was money last year and in the only game this year he got me 17 points. I’m sure he will end up having some games where he only kicks extra points though.

But it looks like Crowell will play so I should be able to get by without any changes. Probably won’t win this week but I should be able to stay up with my overall point total

Comment

• Hey JT....quite a battle we got going on. Geez dude, I thought I had it won sometime yesterday pm, that is, until the big charge happened. I watched as AB makes that TD with little time on the clock. But that should not matter, right? But then Michel goes nuts, and your kicker has a field day...while Brady has a rather ordinary showing. My goodness, you are in the driver's seat, and it comes down to Adams tonight to have a pretty good game. I would not bet on me winning.

But it is kinda sad that one team has to lose, given the odds that both will be 130 and up. But it happens, and will continue to happen. Then again, my team hasn't scored a bunch this year, so not like I deserve it.

Comment

• That's cool. I just checked the league to discover that Hyde got traded. Good ass thing I dropped Nick Chubb on waivers for a wide receiver I don't even like as much as 2 other wide receivers who got dropped. Of course, I burned my waiver claim up on the two bargain bin receivers, so I didn't get Brown or Ridley either. My only hope now is that Tarik Cohen and Frank Gore blow their knees out or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                        That's cool. I just checked the league to discover that Hyde got traded. Good ass thing I dropped Nick Chubb on waivers for a wide receiver I don't even like as much as 2 other wide receivers who got dropped. Of course, I burned my waiver claim up on the two bargain bin receivers, so I didn't get Brown or Ridley either. My only hope now is that Tarik Cohen and Frank Gore blow their knees out or something.
                        I have a hunch that the fantasy boards were highly revved up this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                          That's cool. I just checked the league to discover that Hyde got traded. Good ass thing I dropped Nick Chubb on waivers for a wide receiver I don't even like as much as 2 other wide receivers who got dropped. Of course, I burned my waiver claim up on the two bargain bin receivers, so I didn't get Brown or Ridley either. My only hope now is that Tarik Cohen and Frank Gore blow their knees out or something.
                          That's kinda like leaving Emmanuel Sanders on your bench for last night's game.
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

• I might have to go play the lotto soon . I called Devonta Freeman getting injured this season and I pick Nick Chubb up the day before his real competition for carries is traded.

Comment

• I made a trade in another league....gave up Antonio Brown, Hyde and Aaron Jones for L. Bell, Connor and Ridley.....good trade or did make a huge mistake?

Comment

I made a trade in another league....gave up Antonio Brown, Hyde and Aaron Jones for L. Bell, Connor and Ridley.....good trade or did make a huge mistake?
                                I actually like your side of the trade better depending on who your receivers are. Hopefully the Packers don't figure out how to run the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X