New Fantasy Football League - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Rod just doesn’t know who he wants at 1. Can’s little guide should help you with that decision
    I hate the #1 pick... Last year, I had the #2 pick in a league with friends, picked David Johnson and he lasted 11 carries... Then I only picked again at the end of round 2.

I prefer to start at the end of round 1 to "double dip" and make combos in the snake format.

I thought there was a malfunction with the randomization because I already had the #1 slot as the league creator and remained there after the random order, but then I saw that Good Night QBs and Sutton For Punishment also did not change their draft spots.

My suggestion for next year is have the draft like the real NFL draft and let the worst team pick first, champion picks last, then we keep the snake format.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 07-30-2018, 08:41 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
      Then what was the point of the lottery?
      agreed

i'm good with it as is.
      sigpic

Comment

• I was hoping for last. I won championships picking last. Plural.

Thanks Rod!

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
          I was hoping for last. I won championships picking last. Plural.
          Exactly. Same here. You will be the "double dip" master in this draft.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
            I hate the #1 pick... Last year, I had the #2 pick in a league with friends, picked David Johnson and he lasted 11 carries... Then I only picked again at the end of round 2.

I prefer to start at the end of round 1 to "double dip" and make combos in the snake format.

I thought there was a malfunction with the randomization because I already had the #1 slot as the league creator and remained there after the random order, but then I saw that Good Night QBs and Sutton For Punishment also did not change their draft spots.

My suggestion for next year is have the draft like the real NFL draft and let the worst team pick first, champion picks last, then we keep the snake format.
            Yeah it can definitely be rough, the talent gap between the first pick and the pick at the end of round two can be pretty steep

Comment

• At least now we have one month to figure out what to do with our draft picks.
              sigpic

Comment

Exactly. Same here. You will be the "double dip" master in this draft.
                My first double dip, I was laughed at. Taunted. Spit on. But I knew that the second player I took would bring me to glory and sure enough he did. My first two picks were Tom Brady and Randy Moss.

The next year, I was going for back to back championships. I was up by one point and in a clear seat to the championship. I had Romo. All he had to do was NOTHING. But because of this play, I lost by 1. My co-worker and I still talk about this to this very day lol. ALL. HE. HAD. TO. DO. WAS.

NOTHIIIIIING!!

Comment

Two thoughts...

1) I think the judgment is for you to stay at #1.....unless you feel otherwise. Regardless, lets close that discussion by end of day so as to move forward.:thumb:
                  2) I like your idea of last team picks first next year (and so on) like the NFL. OR, because as you say, sometimes it is not necessarily the best pick given it is a snake draft versus the preferred NFL process for top picks - whereby you get #1 and #13 and #25, not #1 and 24 and 25).....let the 12th to 1st place finishers choose the spot they want......in that order. If the last place team wants #4, let 'em have it!

Lots to think about.....all good!:thumb:

Comment

• Only problem I have with the standing order being the draft order is guys will start tanking if they know they are out of it. Guys at the top fighting for position will get easy wins when that may affect a guy just trying to get in, just my two cents

Comment

• Yeah.. I don't want #1 either. I hardly want #2, but then.. it is what it is so I'll manage to win with it.
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I think it looks bad when I'm the commish and get the #1 damn pick.

EDIT: I'll leave this one up to you and the other owners.
                        It was random and you posted a video so I'm fine with it. It looks worse if you adjust your spot as commish because you don't like your current spot. Tbh i like spots closer to the end or beginning of the round but I'm right in the middle.
                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          Only problem I have with the standing order being the draft order is guys will start tanking if they know they are out of it. Guys at the top fighting for position will get easy wins when that may affect a guy just trying to get in, just my two cents
                          they will do that anyway if that's how they play. People like different draft positions. some people like being at the top or bottom so they can double hit every pick and some like being in the middle so there isn't a big gap between picks.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                            Only problem I have with the standing order being the draft order is guys will start tanking if they know they are out of it. Guys at the top fighting for position will get easy wins when that may affect a guy just trying to get in, just my two cents
                            It's just a suggestion, and it probably will depend on how many people we have returning for next year. We can keep the random order next year, no problem.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                              It was random and you posted a video so I'm fine with it. It looks worse if you adjust your spot as commish because you don't like your current spot. Tbh i like spots closer to the end or beginning of the round but I'm right in the middle.
                              Okay. The draft order is set then.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                                Yeah.. I don't want #1 either. I hardly want #2, but then.. it is what it is so I'll manage to win with it.
                                You can have Bell if you want, I'm not taking him.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X