• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Gotta Love the Macho Man!!!
    sigpic

Comment

The word out there about the Turtles is not good at all...

AFTER SOME DICEY SELECTIONS, ROD'S RAGING TURTLES LOOKS TO OUTPERFORM THE LEAGUE

Draft Grade
      B
      Proj Record
      4-10
      Proj Finish

DRAFT SUMMARY

Rod's Raging Turtles will be aiming to prove the doubters wrong after garnering a ninth-place projection in BCMB FF Smackdown. They went after ball carriers early, using three of their first four selections on running backs. At another spot in the lineup, Rod's Raging Turtles was able to secure the best pair of quarterbacks in the league.

Other NFL.com drafters felt that choosing Zack Moss in the 7th round was somewhat of a stretch (80th overall pick versus an ADP of 130.5).

With 1,076 projected rushing yards (ranking first among QBs), Lamar Jackson has multiple ways to bring in points.
      sigpic

Comment

I feel so weird having Ruggs, Jeudy and Lamb.All or nothing I say.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
          I feel so weird having Ruggs, Jeudy and Lamb.All or nothing I say.
          Brings back memories of the draft, when we all waited to see who was going first, and how soon. You might be rewarded for your approach. See if you can sign them up for next year!!

Comment

Don’t worry Rod, I’m projected to go 1-13. The write-up doesn’t actually say anything bad though lol

Comment

Rod......did we settle on next year's draft order, as in, last to first rotation? If we haven't I think we should finalize now, before the season gets rolling too deep. That way our choices will not be based on season results.

Thx pal!

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                Don’t worry Rod, I’m projected to go 1-13. The write-up doesn’t actually say anything bad though lol
                You know the deal beast, a few teams are projected to do very well, and that has merit, BUT so much of this is waivers, injuries, choosing the right roster each week, and even trades. Having said that, I wish I had a better draft,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Rod......did we settle on next year's draft order, as in, last to first rotation? If we haven't I think we should finalize now, before the season gets rolling too deep. That way our choices will not be based on season results.

Thx pal!
                  Nothing has been decided about it. We'd have to settle if the league champion would get the #1 pick or the #12. Maybe the #1 pick would be a fair reward for the champion considering that we have no keeper. The snake draft would remain, of course, so the champ would only pick again at the end of round 2. So whoever finishes last would get the #12 pick. This would also erase any fears about "tanking" even though I don't think anyone would do that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    You know the deal beast, a few teams are projected to do very well, and that has merit, BUT so much of this is waivers, injuries, choosing the right roster each week, and even trades. Having said that, I wish I had a better draft,,,,
                    Oh yeah it’s just a fun little read. I think my team turned out pretty well for the most part. The depth isn’t great but there’s potential there.

I thought you had a solid draft, definitely got a loaded group of RBs that’s going to make it hard to beat you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Thx pal!
                      Just one more thing.....if we vote to implement the last to first draft order, can we also address the idea of a draft lottery of some minimal kind (say bottom 4), to keep things competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Just one more thing.....if we vote to implement the last to first draft order, can we also address the idea of a draft lottery of some minimal kind (say bottom 4), to keep things competitive.
                        In my opinion, if we have to mix a draft lottery with the order based on standing, then it becomes too confusing and it's not worth doing it. I think we should keep it simple. A "hybrid" draft order is a bit too much. If people don't like a draft order based on standing, and fear that other will tank for draft position, we can continue to have a random draft order like the other leagues.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                          In my opinion, if we have to mix a draft lottery with the order based on standing, then it becomes too confusing and it's not worth doing it. I think we should keep it simple. A "hybrid" draft order is a bit too much. If people don't like a draft order based on standing, and fear that other will tank for draft position, we can continue to have a random draft order like the other leagues.
                          That would suit me fine. I just thought we might as well get it done now before we get into the season too deep. But if we go with the order of finish draft, I think it should be last to first. I kind of feel that first to last is a bit much, given a team might have had bad luck this year, and then get the last pick next year. I know that picking 12th is not bad, but I think the last place finisher deserves to land the #1 fish.
                          Last edited by CanDB; 09-09-2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Well crap im in trouble, I actually got an "A" grade and a 10-4 projection

Draft Grade : A
                            Record : 10-4
                            Finish : 3rd

DRAFT SUMMARY
                            Selecting ninth overall isn't always ideal, but the GM of Mean Machine handled it well, putting together a roster that is capable of reaching the postseason. They snagged ball-carriers early, using three of their first four picks to acquire running backs. At another spot in the lineup, Mean Machine was able to land the most prolific trio of wide receivers in the league.

Mean Machine might be interested in shopping a WR to upgrade in other areas. Their fourth-ranked WR, Marvin Jones, is projected to be better than the league average at his position.
                            Hunter Henry may have been a steal in the 11th round, with an overall pick of 129th compared to an ADP of 70.1).
                            Other NFL.com drafters felt that choosing David Johnson in the 3rd round was somewhat of a stretch (33rd overall pick versus an ADP of 52.2).

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                              Well crap im in trouble, I actually got an "A" grade and a 10-4 projection

Draft Grade : A
                              Record : 10-4
                              Finish : 3rd

DRAFT SUMMARY
                              Selecting ninth overall isn't always ideal, but the GM of Mean Machine handled it well, putting together a roster that is capable of reaching the postseason. They snagged ball-carriers early, using three of their first four picks to acquire running backs. At another spot in the lineup, Mean Machine was able to land the most prolific trio of wide receivers in the league.

Mean Machine might be interested in shopping a WR to upgrade in other areas. Their fourth-ranked WR, Marvin Jones, is projected to be better than the league average at his position.
                              Hunter Henry may have been a steal in the 11th round, with an overall pick of 129th compared to an ADP of 70.1).
                              Other NFL.com drafters felt that choosing David Johnson in the 3rd round was somewhat of a stretch (33rd overall pick versus an ADP of 52.2).
                              You're so screwed!

Comment

• I checked the 2019 thread and that draft gave me an A grade, 10-4 projection and 2nd place projected finish.

Reality: I finished in 10th place with a 5-9 record LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X