2020 Fantasy Football Smackdown League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    How would you guys like to have side bets. Each week, starting next week, the loser has to CP the winner.
    I'm game...
    sigpic

Comment

How would you guys like to have side bets. Each week, starting next week, the loser has to CP the winner.
      Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      I'm game...
      Sounds good! Hey, even if not a group decision, we can do it anytime on our own.

Comment

• I'll CP whoever doesn't pick up Mike Davis.

I already try to CP everybody I play, even though I have no clue who some of you are in this league. There's like 4 teams I'm confused about. I think I played Taz last week, but forgot to ask so I could CP him.

Comment

• I am reading that those with Titans/Steelers should be prepared not to play them in fantasy this week. Is that what everyone else is hearing?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            I am reading that those with Titans/Steelers should be prepared not to play them in fantasy this week. Is that what everyone else is hearing?
            I just seen that the game will be postponed to Monday or Tuesday....I would assume that those scores will still be added for this weeks scores
            sigpic

Comment

• If the Steelers and Titans play on Monday or Tuesday, then yes, the points scored will count toward your Week 4 fantasy matchups on sites like Yahoo and ESPN.5 hours ago.....

Now that is news from espn so I don't know what NFL.com is but I think it's universal for all leagues....
              sigpic

Comment

• https://www.nfl.com/news/fantasy-imp...s-postponement

The Week 4 game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Tennessee Titans has been postponed from its original Sunday date and could be played on Monday or Tuesday. That leaves fantasy managers with plenty of questions about what will happen with their matchups this week.

Will the stats for that game count for fantasy?

Yes. If the game is played on Monday or Tuesday – as anticipated – then the fantasy points from that game will count in your Week 4 matchup.

I have COVID roster spots in my league. Can I use them for any Steelers or Titans?

Those spots are for players who have been confirmed to test positive AND have been placed on the NFL's reserve/COVID-19 List. Until a player in this game matches that designation, those spots cannot be used.

What happens to waivers for Week 5?

The final decision on waivers will be made once a day for the game is confirmed. If the game is played on Monday, then waivers will operate as they would during a normal week. If the game is played on Tuesday, waivers will occur one day later than normal for NFL public leagues and private leagues with one-day waiver periods. Those waivers will still process before Thursday Night Football.

For private leagues with two-day or more waivers, we will message the commissioners of these leagues letting them know they should update their settings for Week 4 to one-day waivers.

When will the standings update?

If the game is played on Monday, the standings will update as usual on Tuesday morning. If the game is played on Tuesday, the standings will be updated on Wednesday morning.

As we learn more, we will update all of our channels to make sure you have the most up-to-date information.

Comment

• Ok, so this makes no stupid sense. I tried to drop Duke Johnson to add a defense to play this week since KC is on my team, and it says pending until Wednesday. Why the heck does a waiver claim need to be made on Sunday morning??????
                  sigpic
                  2020 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
                  Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Matt DiBenedetto & Tony Stewart!
                  US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Comment

• Another thing, some suggest that leagues add even more roster spots this year for IR/Covid whatever. It can get tricky when you suddenly hear about a player/team getting covid at the last minute, when there are possibly no real options that benefit you.

Comment

• ROSTER

Mile High Salute - Taz
                      Rod's Raging Turtles - Rod
                      What Happens in Vegas - Devil
                      Something or Another - Beastlyskronk
                      We the North - CanDB
                      Sutton for Punishment - Spice
                      Going Long - BroncosSB2010
                      Mean Machine - JvDub
                      Lock and Load - dipablo
                      Kamaravirus - Danzler
                      Legion of Doom - Thor's Hammer
                      Miller Highlife - Ringo

If I got any wrong (pretty sure I didn't) speak up.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Another thing, some suggest that leagues add even more roster spots this year for IR/Covid whatever. It can get tricky when you suddenly hear about a player/team getting covid at the last minute, when there are possibly no real options that benefit you.
                        Here's a challenge for my 0-3 team.

Let's say I start Mahomes today but on Sunday afternoon, they say the game is postponed. Then I lose my QB spot. I can't pick anyone up now because I can't afford to drop my top players and the garbage players I have, I need. Right now I'm starting Joe Burrow but I have 30 minutes to make that decision.

Comment

Here's a challenge for my 0-3 team.

Let's say I start Mahomes today but on Sunday afternoon, they say the game is postponed. Then I lose my QB spot. I can't pick anyone up now because I can't afford to drop my top players and the garbage players I have, I need. Right now I'm starting Joe Burrow but I have 30 minutes to make that decision.
                          That's exactly the issue these days. I got The Pats on D. I could add another D, partly because The Pats are not expected to do well, but say I don't want to lose one of my roster for what's out there on D? Then again, D is usually a low scorer. But my example is nothing compared to some others. The bigger problem is when you find out too late, for a Monday night game. You have to be super proactive, if in fact you find out early enough.

Comment

• Ok slight problem. I decided to start Mahomes and Hill, but NFL.com has their status like the Broncos and Jets players. They're locked for some reason. So I don't have the option to move them in place of who I'm trying to replace.

I am trying to move Mahomes to QB and Hill to WR to replace CeeDee Lamb.

EDIT: Now I see why. I refreshed my page and the status of the game was moved from Sunday 4PM to Wednesday 7PM. I guess we'll hear an announcement soon lol.

Comment

• I just added Dallas and it won't let me edit New England. Why?? I lost a player to get Dallas. Makes no sense.

I can live with it, but it may be a problem for others this year.
                              Last edited by CanDB; 10-04-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• The admin of the league needs to go in and fix this cluster that the nfl site turned this into. All that needs to happen. I’m not worried about the defense deal now that KC is still playing, but I feel all leagues need to do like my one league is doing. If you need to drop a player to add one because of the corona, he is protected and nobody can go get him. Or just add more bench spots. NFL needs to fix this mess on their site.
                                sigpic
                                2020 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
                                Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Matt DiBenedetto & Tony Stewart!
                                US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Comment

Working...
                                X