No announcement yet.

Nascar(combined)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dusty, glad to have another Mark Martin fan on the board!

Gotta do something about that UT Vols loyalty, however. (Gator fan)

For whomever asked, Todd Kluever, who runs the #50 Roush Racing truck in the Craftsman Truck Series, is scheduled to drive the #6 car when Mark retires at the end of this season.
    McMurray was to replace Mark, but when Busch signed with Penske that left another seat open besides the one Martin was vacating. Jack Roush may change things around, however.

As for Saturday night's race, I just hope the Roush fords (minus Biffle) keep up with the Hendrick and DEI Chevys.

I'm torn. I want next week to get here bad, and on the other hand want time to stand still because with it comes Martin's final Daytona 500.

Comment

Originally posted by DBroncTD30

For whomever asked, Todd Kluever, who runs the #50 Roush Racing truck in the Craftsman Truck Series, is scheduled to drive the #6 car when Mark retires at the end of this season.
      McMurray was to replace Mark, but when Busch signed with Penske that left another seat open besides the one Martin was vacating. Jack Roush may change things around, however.

As for Saturday night's race, I just hope the Roush fords (minus Biffle) keep up with the Hendrick and DEI Chevys.

I'm torn. I want next week to get here bad, and on the other hand want time to stand still because with it comes Martin's final Daytona 500.

Thanks for the info. on McMurray/Kluever/etc. It's pretty hard to keep up with all of these changes sometimes - I know when I go to the race in a few weeks I'll be cursing the #97 at least once because I'll forget the idiot isn't in it anymore - lol! (by the way, who is taking the 97? McMurray?)

As for Martin, I have to say that I think it would be awesome if he went out on top this year, either with a win at Daytona or, even better, a championship. That would be too cool. If my guy (#9) doesn't win it all (and he won't - lol) I would like nothing better than to see #6 bring home the cup this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
        Thanks for the info. on McMurray/Kluever/etc. It's pretty hard to keep up with all of these changes sometimes - I know when I go to the race in a few weeks I'll be cursing the #97 at least once because I'll forget the idiot isn't in it anymore - lol! (by the way, who is taking the 97? McMurray?)
        Actually, the 97 car with Roush backing it is no more. Roush changed the number 97 car to the 26, a number he used in the past.

And as for DBroncTD30, I just hope Tennessee does better next year than they did this past time. 2005 was a pathetic year for the Vols, except for that come back against LSU (Which I didn't even get to watch because I believe that was the same night Denver played Kansas City on MNF.)
        Last edited by SyxxSynse; 02-09-2006, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Dusty, you must be pleased with Bruce Pearl and the Vol's hoops team correct?
          Even Phil Fulmer made an appearance at the UF game.

I really have a good feeling about Mark winning 2 or more races this season.
          Not too many changes as far as his team is concerned, and Pat Tryson has proven to be a heckuva crew chief.

CA Bronco, I'm going to need a program when I get to Daytona next week just to keep up with who is who on the track with so many offseason changes.
          I follow Mark Martin almost religiously, so I happened to know that little tidbit of information.
          My buddy is a Kasey Kahne fan (was Bill Elliott) and is hoping like you Kasey has a better season than last year.

A championship for Mark...and I could die in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by DBroncTD30
            Dusty, you must be pleased with Bruce Pearl and the Vol's hoops team correct?
            Even Phil Fulmer made an appearance at the UF game.
            Actually, I care very little about UT basketball, or basketball in general. I was mostly talking about the poor season of football they had. All I can hope for is that they can recruit some good players or something.

By the way DBronc, you wouldn't happen to be a member of Mark Martin's message board over at RoushRacing.com are you? If your not, you should be. It's a really nice place to be and just about everyone over there is friendly. If your not and would like to be, PM me or reply to this message. Oh, and I'm dusty61799 over there.
            Last edited by SyxxSynse; 02-09-2006, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I was a Rusty Wallace fan. Don't know who I am going to root for this year. I can't cheer for jr or Tony Stewart because then I would feel like a bandwagon fan, and my friend would dissolve the friendship if I mentioned Jeff Gordon with praise. Whose taking over for Rusty?

Comment

Originally posted by Q-niverse
                Whose taking over for Rusty?
                One of the biggest whiners and weasels in all of professional sports, IMHO - Kurt Busch!

Comment

Dusty, sounds like fun.
                  Will remember to sign up before the season gets underway.

Comment

Cool! Just go to the link below and click on Login/Join. Hope to see ya there!

http://forums.roushracing.com/groupee

Comment

Do you think that some of the rookies entering the season, David Stremme, Reed Sorenson, Clint Bowyer, will have the same success as last year's rookie sensation Carl Edwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Xtreme Bronco
                        Do you think that some of the rookies entering the season, David Stremme, Reed Sorenson, Clint Bowyer, will have the same success as last year's rookie sensation Carl Edwards?
                        History says one of them will do reasonably well (maybe even make the chase like Carl) and the others will be erratic - really well some weeks and duds the others (like Kyle Busch last year and my boy #9 the year before.)

BTW, did you forget about Truex (sp.) or is he not considered a rookie for some reason? I think he's going to have a lot of success, if not this year than in the future.

Comment

I think that, like most years, there will be one or two standout rookies, while the others fall by the wayside. I think that Truex Jr. will be the best this year, with Sorenson right behind. I think others like David Stremme will just be a joke.

Comment

I think Sorenson will do exceptionally well for a rookie in the Cup; i have watched him since he was running the legend cars. Truex Jr, i am not so sure a/b, he really has not shown to much in his races in the cup last year. Granted 2 busch series championships is impressive but i do not think he will run well at least not in the 1 car. He hasn't been that fast at speedweek and has been struggling a little bit.I will agree with Stremme, b/c he didn't win a race in the busch series and wasn't competitive until the end of last season. He could have used another year of busch. Just 2 hours away from the shootout, Go #26!

Comment

Official NASCAR thread

I'm not a big fan but the NASCAR season has started and I thought why not start a NASCAR thread?

Mods please sticky this.....

Comment

Oh please no..........

Comment

Working...
                                X