Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
    I totally agree. And KB saying Manny doesn't have an ounce of class is way over the top.

    You saw that every time Manny gets on base in the ALCS he is joking around and talking with the Cleveland infielders. If Manny truly didn't have an "ounce of class" then the Indians wouldn't be having fun with him.

    A-Rod doesn't joke around with opposing players because nobody likes him and he has zero personality.

    Manny is a likable guy and that pisses the hell out of KB.
    True, and to add on to that, if you watch clips from a Sox batting practice, Manny is always laughing and joking around with players from the other team. I would most compare him to Chad Johnson of the NFL. While CJ does act out and does things that some would consider "classless", most of the players in the NFL love him and they always joke around with him. So yeah, I'm not sure where Keith got this "not one ounce of class" thing from. If Manny doesn't have one ounce of class, I would hate to know how much A-Rod has. It would have to be in the negative numbers.


    Comment


    • Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
      Keith, most opposing players don't seem to have a problem with it, I not sure why you do. I think you're just mad because people pick on you boy A-Rod and not Manny. I think Manny does what he does just to try to be funny. He doesn't mean any harm by any of the stuff he does. I mean seriously, what's the worst thing he's done? Go into the wall between innings? Celebrate a HR? None of that actually affects the game like when A-Rod slaps balls out of people's hands and tries to distract infielders while running the bases.

      Of course it affects the game. It not only gives his team a black eye, but are you oblivious to the fact that it can only serve to motivate the opposition?



      Indians fan's take:
      I admit, I was hoping against hope that the first pitch of his next AB, with 2 out nobody on, we drilled one right into his ribcage. I'm not normally one for that kind of old-school stuff, but to stand there with your arms up, then slowly walking to first, THAT's bush league.
      http://btbfansite.proboards24.com/in...2376228&page=2

      washington post:

      Except for Ramirez, that is, for whom there was nothing bleak about the situation at all. Oh, for the Red Sox to have been playing in Ramirez's game, instead of the other way around.
      http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2007101202679



      --My favorite-- :


      What is certain, however, is that those three blasts looked almost ridiculously inadequate against the magnitude of Cleveland's lead. To make matters worse, Ramirez, after his breathtaking 451-foot tee shot over the center field fence, had one of his vain, oblivious Manny-being-Manny moments. With his team still losing by four and its season in jeopardy, Ramirez posed for several seconds at home plate with both arms over his head, just as he did in a now-well-known photograph of his walk-off homer in Game 2 of the Division Series against the Angels.

      Earth to Manny: When you're still behind 7-3, forget the hot-dogging and just run around the bases. If the Indians needed further motivation to finish off this victory -- or this series, for that matter -- the ex-Indian Ramirez may have given it to them.


      http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2007101202679


      Writers nation wide are picking on your boy Manny.... you're pretending this is just me because????

      A-Rod has no class (according to you and PCE) yet you want him on your team?? Please explain.

      You won't find a Yankees fan that would want to see that punk Ramirez in pinstripes.
      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




      R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

      Comment


      • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
        I totally agree. And KB saying Manny doesn't have an ounce of class is way over the top.

        You saw that every time Manny gets on base in the ALCS he is joking around and talking with the Cleveland infielders. If Manny truly didn't have an "ounce of class" then the Indians wouldn't be having fun with him.

        A-Rod doesn't joke around with opposing players because nobody likes him and he has zero personality.

        Manny is a likable guy and that pisses the hell out of KB.
        Not at all. Showboating, especially in a loss, pisses me off. Why do you like showboating in a loss?

        Let's hold you to your standards. Your favorite question when you get upset at a-Rod is: Would Jeter do it? Let's hold Manny to that standard, unless you need to use a double standard. Would Jeter do it? Would Ortiz do it? Youkilis? Pedroia?

        Tell us why you want A-Rod to join the red sox..... unless, of course, you're going to deny that now.
        Last edited by keithbishop; 10-17-2007, 03:46 PM.
        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




        R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Medford Bronco View Post
          Manny is far from my favorite
          but I cant stand
          Arod for a sense that he wants $33 million. What $25 million is not enough for your 1 HR in the Playoffs in 58 AB.. Jim Leyriz (sp) was more clutch that Arod ever was.. Maybe he should get some lessons from Scott Brosious on how not to choke in the playoffs. ARod the Dan Marino of baseball players.

          My friend.... I have to ask what that has to do with Manny's HR pose when he made the score Indians 7 red sox 3 in the 6th inning last night. I know you don't condone showboating in a loss. Bailey and PCE do.

          I certainly hope that A-Rod doesn't opt out, but if he does, he's gone. Boras did the Dodgers a favor by getting Nancy to opt out. If he gets A-Rod to do the same, so be it..... the Yankees will move on to another 3B. Nettles will always be my favorite Yankee 3B, and I survived when he signed with the Padres.
          Last edited by keithbishop; 10-17-2007, 03:55 PM.
          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




          R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

          Comment


          • Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
            Of course it affects the game. It not only gives his team a black eye, but are you oblivious to the fact that it can only serve to motivate the opposition?



            Indians fan's take:
            I admit, I was hoping against hope that the first pitch of his next AB, with 2 out nobody on, we drilled one right into his ribcage. I'm not normally one for that kind of old-school stuff, but to stand there with your arms up, then slowly walking to first, THAT's bush league.
            http://btbfansite.proboards24.com/in...2376228&page=2

            washington post:

            Except for Ramirez, that is, for whom there was nothing bleak about the situation at all. Oh, for the Red Sox to have been playing in Ramirez's game, instead of the other way around.
            http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2007101202679



            --My favorite-- :


            What is certain, however, is that those three blasts looked almost ridiculously inadequate against the magnitude of Cleveland's lead. To make matters worse, Ramirez, after his breathtaking 451-foot tee shot over the center field fence, had one of his vain, oblivious Manny-being-Manny moments. With his team still losing by four and its season in jeopardy, Ramirez posed for several seconds at home plate with both arms over his head, just as he did in a now-well-known photograph of his walk-off homer in Game 2 of the Division Series against the Angels.

            Earth to Manny: When you're still behind 7-3, forget the hot-dogging and just run around the bases. If the Indians needed further motivation to finish off this victory -- or this series, for that matter -- the ex-Indian Ramirez may have given it to them.


            http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2007101202679


            Writers nation wide are picking on your boy Manny.... you're pretending this is just me because????

            A-Rod has no class (according to you and PCE) yet you want him on your team?? Please explain.

            You won't find a Yankees fan that would want to see that punk Ramirez in pinstripes.
            Your 2 examples are an Indians fan and some writer for the Washington post? Yeah, you have no case. Nice try though.

            The only person Manny's shenanigans hurt is himself. Until you can give me quotes from opposing players who have a problem with the various stunts that Manny pulls, you really don't have an argument.


            Comment


            • Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
              My friend.... I have to ask what that has to do with Manny's HR pose when he made the score Indians 7 red sox 3 in the 6th inning last night. I know you don't condone showboating in a loss. Bailey and PCE do.

              I certainly hope that A-Rod doesn't opt out, but if he does, he's gone. Boras did the Dodgers a favor by getting Nancy to opt out. If he gets A-Rod to do the same, so be it..... the Yankees will move on to another 3B. Nettles will always be my favorite Yankee 3B, and I survived when he signed with the Padres.

              I know kb kinda :offtopic: sorry about that
              Many drives me nuts and always has. Great hitter but has the brain of a toddler sometimes. etc. this was him being a moron but that is just my humble opinon.

              Arod is just greed to me. Case in point there is someone I know who has a hard time paying for services for his son with a disabilty and then you read someone who is not satisfied with $25 MM. that person can buy the school system etc. sorry for the Rant but topic like these are why Med does not like baseball like I did in the 70s and 80s etc. the greed kills me (hint this is Med LOL)

              Arod will go down as one of the best of all time but him being tied to Boras is why I dont like him. No need for greed IMO

              sorry for the rant ...what were we talking about

              to summarize your Yanks can use that $25 MM and get pitching, what they need, especially someone to compiment Petitte and Wang.
              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                Your 2 examples are an Indians fan and some writer for the Washington post? Yeah, you have no case. Nice try though.

                The only person Manny's shenanigans hurt is himself. Until you can give me quotes from opposing players who have a problem with the various stunts that Manny pulls, you really don't have an argument.
                You seriously believe only 1 Indians fan and 2 Washington Post writers have these takes? You're blind. I threw the post quotes out there because you would automatically shoot down anything from a NY paper.

                You're dodging the question of why you want A-Rod to join the red sox.

                I don't need an argument.... there is no argument. Manny disgraced his team last night. Support showboating all you want, but let's make this clear. If a Broncos player does a TD dance when losing by a significant margin, I'll go ballistic. Would you condone it? Why?
                My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                  Beckett has proved in the past that he can pitch well on short rest. You should know that being a Yankees fan! I can guarantee you that Beckett wouldn't have given up close to 7 runs last night. Francona has just made bad move after bad move in this series. As for the Indians, yes they are a good team but our 1-2, and 6-9 hitters have made their pitchers look alot better than they really are. People can bring up the 04 ALCS but this just doesn't look like the same type of team we had back then. The 04 team was always upbeat, crazy, and never lost hope. This team, other than Manny and Papi, really doesn't seem to have the same emotion and swagger as the 04 team had. (and yes Jay, contrary to your belief, I was still a Sox fan back then) Now I haven't lost all hope, I think they can come back in this series, it just doesn't look like they will.
                  Well I dont like pitching people much on short rest. no matter how good they are. But I actually did want Beckett pitching on short rest just so they could lose that game and really be screwed. And Wakefield didn't give up 7 runs. Why not blame Youk for dropping that 2nd out? Wake cruised through the first 4 innings and then gave up a HR in the 5th inning. I dont blame Terry at all. Byrd probably would have pitched even better if Josh was pitching and wouldn't have given up 2 straight Hr's allowing him to get taken out. But Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda. So if Josh started and got the win then the Series would be tied at 2 and they would have Sabathia and Carmona going in the next 2 games against pitchers NOT named Beckett. Things wouldn't be too much better except you get to live for another day and have hope that Josh is starting in Game 7 for you. And how do you know this team doesn't have hope? I doubt anyone saw Boston coming back from 3-0 in 2004 after we blew them out in game 3. I was still scared because I know anything was possible and once we lost game 4 I was pissed as hell and people though I was sick because we were still winning the series but oh well.

                  And as for Manny.

                  He cracks me up for some reason.
                  I swear he is like learning disabled.
                  I laughed at his HR. I just love watching him admire his HR and the fact that they were down by 4 at the time was even funnier.
                  I hope they are down by 10 tommorow and he hits one and admires it.

                  He is something else.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
                    You seriously believe only 1 Indians fan and 2 Washington Post writers have these takes? You're blind. I threw the post quotes out there because you would automatically shoot down anything from a NY paper.

                    You're dodging the question of why you want A-Rod to join the red sox.

                    I don't need an argument.... there is no argument. Manny disgraced his team last night. Support showboating all you want, but let's make this clear. If a Broncos player does a TD dance when losing by a significant margin, I'll go ballistic. Would you condone it? Why?
                    You still haven't showed me quotes from any opposing players or managers who have a problem with what he did. If they don't have a problem with it, I don't see why you would. I really don't care what an Indians fan or a Washington Post columnist says.

                    And I don't have too much of a problem with what Manny did. He does that almost every time he hits a HR. Other pitchers are used to it and come to expect it. That's why he rarely ever gets plunked by a pitch after he does it. I honestly don't think he does it to show up the other team. He just lives in his own little world and he loves him some him.

                    But I will continue to say it. Manny's shenanigans don't hurt the team they are playing and they don't hurt the Red Sox. Most of the time, the only person he is hurting is himself. And he couldn't care less what other people think about him, which is an attitude I like!


                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                      Calm down guys.
                      Its still far from over.

                      I'm sure you were mad being down 3-0 vs the Yankees too.
                      If you were even a fan back then.

                      And yea Josh could start on short rest but you act like he is an automatic W.
                      IF he is an automatic W then the series is obviously going back to Boston.

                      But suppose he had a bad start on game 4? Then he isn't going in game 5 and you lose. Then there is no Game 7. Just like Lou taking Z out early because he was saving him for game 4. There was no game 4.

                      The worst move Francona made was switching Curt with Dice IMO.
                      oh well.
                      The fans dont manage the Team.
                      Terry knows how to manage a team down 3-0 or 3-1.

                      But maybe the Indians are a good team? Ever think of that?
                      That's why the series is likely over.....sadly. The Indians are that good, in a way I'm not surprised they lead the series, but I am surprised at how they've done it.

                      Even if Beckett somehow manages a repeat of game 1, what about the other starting pitchers?

                      Schill? Dice-K? Wakefield? All gave up a lot of runs the first go around, so why would the second be any different?

                      I know, I know.......they came back from being down 0-3 against the Yankees in '04 right? WRONG! Different team, different year, and different opponent this time. What they did to the Yanks was incredible, but that was then and this is now.

                      Im still gonna root for the Sox to win it all, but the reality could be, and likely is, that they wont.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
                        That's why the series is likely over.....sadly. The Indians are that good, in a way I'm not surprised they lead the series, but I am surprised at how they've done it.

                        Even if Beckett somehow manages a repeat of game 1, what about the other starting pitchers?

                        Schill? Dice-K? Wakefield? All gave up a lot of runs the first go around, so why would the second be any different?

                        I know, I know.......they came back from being down 0-3 against the Yankees in '04 right? WRONG! Different team, different year, and different opponent this time. What they did to the Yanks was incredible, but that was then and this is now.

                        Im still gonna root for the Sox to win it all, but the reality could be, and likely is, that they wont.

                        Is Derek Lowe available for us to win
                        and Cabrerra and a Long haired Johnny Damon who is much better than JD Nancy Drew and Coco Pop gun Offence Crisp

                        BTw why is Ellsbury not playing with the lack of offense from those two I listed. He was awesome in Sept. Give him a chance to maybe spark the team
                        just a thought or is Francona that much of a cement head to stick with these two non hitters?
                        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Medford Bronco View Post
                          Is Derek Lowe available for us to win
                          and Cabrerra and a Long haired Johnny Damon who is much better than JD Nancy Drew and Coco Pop gun Offence Crisp

                          BTw why is Ellsbury not playing with the lack of offense from those two I listed. He was awesome in Sept. Give him a chance to maybe spark the team
                          just a thought or is Francona that much of a cement head to stick with these two non hitters?
                          I honestly don't know what Francona has been thinking in this series. Almost every decision he has made has backfired.


                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Medford Bronco View Post
                            Is Derek Lowe available for us to win
                            and Cabrerra and a Long haired Johnny Damon who is much better than JD Nancy Drew and Coco Pop gun Offence Crisp

                            BTw why is Ellsbury not playing with the lack of offense from those two I listed. He was awesome in Sept. Give him a chance to maybe spark the team
                            just a thought or is Francona that much of a cement head to stick with these two non hitters?
                            Considering he stuck with Bellhorn in the '04 playoffs, when he was hitting like a 4 year old.......I'll go ahead and say he's sticking with them as well.

                            His theory is, "Dont go away from what got you here." What got them there isnt what theyve got now so WTH Terry?
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Medford Bronco View Post
                              I know kb kinda :offtopic: sorry about that
                              Many drives me nuts and always has. Great hitter but has the brain of a toddler sometimes. etc. this was him being a moron but that is just my humble opinon.

                              Arod is just greed to me. Case in point there is someone I know who has a hard time paying for services for his son with a disabilty and then you read someone who is not satisfied with $25 MM. that person can buy the school system etc. sorry for the Rant but topic like these are why Med does not like baseball like I did in the 70s and 80s etc. the greed kills me (hint this is Med LOL)

                              Arod will go down as one of the best of all time but him being tied to Boras is why I dont like him. No need for greed IMO

                              sorry for the rant ...what were we talking about

                              to summarize your Yanks can use that $25 MM and get pitching, what they need, especially someone to compiment Petitte and Wang.

                              I understand your issues with greed. I'm reading a book about the Yankees from 1949-1963 and it's stunning to read about Yogi Berra getting a $500 signing bonus in his first deal with the Yankees. Not $500,000 .... not $50,000 .... not $5,000. $500. His monthly salary in the 1st deal: $70. He sent everything he earned back home to his parents and his mom would send him back $5 or $10. I remember my grandpa being furious that Reggie Jackson made $1 mil. per season (even though that was reported incorrectly... he made approximately $600,000 per season in his first stint with the Yankees.

                              A-Rod.... I love the guy's hustle and talent. I wish he weren't his own harshest critic, but it's hard for me to blast a guy for wanting to succeed so desperately that he has difficulty relaxing and just playing. His work ethic is second to none... generally the first Yankee to arrive each day and works hard at everything....reported early to spring training with his offseason workout partner/former high school teammate Doug Mientkiewicz. I loathe the league-wide greed (especially Boras clients like Nancy Drew and, if he opts out, A-Rod --I can't pretend 99% of the players aren't greedy, though, so I won't hate over the issue).

                              I loathe showboating, regardless of the sport. Save it for pro wrestling. Game-winning shots are one thing, but to showboat in a loss is something A-Rod would never do. He wouldn't showboat to begin with, of course. I also loathe lack of effort. Billy Martin rightfully pulled Reggie for half-a$$ing ... I still applaud Martin for doing so. I could never bring myself to say... "Aww... that's just Reggie being Reggie". I don't view such things as likable traits, nor do I understand why PCE and Bailey do.

                              Interestingly enough, Bailey got upset at me for quoting PCE's gripe that Manny quit on the team in consecutive Septembers. I Guess PCE finds it admirable now or he's forgotten...........
                              My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                              R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                              Comment


                              • @ Reggie being Reggie

                                My dad always talked about the time Martin pulled Reggie for loafing out there. He said most managers wouldn't have done that and he was proud of Billy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X