Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
    Yes....Wolverines football fan for ages. Have to go back quite a ways for my favorite Wolverine: WR Anthony Carter.

    Don't get me wrong, as someone who loathes the red sox, I find Manny's escapades funny in a sickening way. I'd be screaming at the TV if one of our guys did that, though. I want THE OTHER TEAM to do stupid things, not mine. I'm goofy that way.

    Yeah, I saw his interview. Can't picture Jeter or even the hated and loathed (until he becomes a free agent, then we want him on our team and we'll love him !!! ) A-Rod saying something like that.
    I never knew you were a Michigan fan. I never even knew you were into college football actually. When I think of you I always think Yankees.

    And Yea I'm kind of the same way. I dont know though. I wanted Owens on the Broncos just because of his celebrations and stuff. He doesn't do that as much anymore though but I always liked watching players showboatin and all that stuff. Its funny watching Manny just stand there and act like they won the World Series with that hit.

    Soriano use to admire his HR's(or almost HR's) when he was with us I remember.

    And yea Jeter would never say something like that. He's not happy with his 4 rings opposed to Manny being satisfied knowing that theres always next year.
    And I dont understand why you bash a player like crazy yet want him on your team either?
    Kinda confusing.

    I wouldn't be mad if we got Manny because it would piss a lot of Boston fans off and plus I'm pretty sure Jeter would get his head straight if he pulled any stunts like he does.

    I loved the time he cut off Damons throw. And the time when he ran off into the Monster for something.
    He just does some crazy stuff.

    I taunted someone when I was playing Highschool football and got a good lecture from my coach and he said I can do that stuff when I make the big bucks but on his team I dont do that stuff.

    I think it gets in peoples heads when you do that stuff.
    It must since everyone is talking about what Manny did.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
      I never knew you were a Michigan fan. I never even knew you were into college football actually. When I think of you I always think Yankees.

      And Yea I'm kind of the same way. I dont know though. I wanted Owens on the Broncos just because of his celebrations and stuff. He doesn't do that as much anymore though but I always liked watching players showboatin and all that stuff. Its funny watching Manny just stand there and act like they won the World Series with that hit.

      Soriano use to admire his HR's(or almost HR's) when he was with us I remember.

      And yea Jeter would never say something like that. He's not happy with his 4 rings opposed to Manny being satisfied knowing that theres always next year.
      And I dont understand why you bash a player like crazy yet want him on your team either?
      Kinda confusing.

      I wouldn't be mad if we got Manny because it would piss a lot of Boston fans off and plus I'm pretty sure Jeter would get his head straight if he pulled any stunts like he does.

      I loved the time he cut off Damons throw. And the time when he ran off into the Monster for something.
      He just does some crazy stuff.

      I taunted someone when I was playing Highschool football and got a good lecture from my coach and he said I can do that stuff when I make the big bucks but on his team I dont do that stuff.

      I think it gets in peoples heads when you do that stuff.
      It must since everyone is talking about what Manny did.

      Looking forward to watching the Wolverines on ESPN Saturday night. Busy baseball offseasons leave me in the mood to discuss the Yankees year round, but I follow Michigan football closely and Kansas Jayhawks basketball fairly closely. Of course, it would be nice if the Broncos STOPPED BEING SO DEPRESSING this season.

      Manny... no. Players that don't run out ground balls and pop ups aren't allowed on the Yankees. The big problem with Manny last game was the situation. Admiring a HR when trailing by 4 in the 6th inning of a playoff game would be terrible enough, but to stand there with your arms in the air as if you'd just won the game is infuriating. No question what would happen to a batter in his next AB after showing up Schilling (or Clemens, Pedro, etc.) with an act like that. It's OK if he's "likable" ? Michael Wilbon's take on PTI: Maybe he got confused. He saw the scoreboard and thought he was still a member of the Indians.

      Soriano annoyed me by admiring his shots, but that's a little more understandable for a kid in his early 20's. Not permissible, not excusable, but a little more understandable. Manny is 35 and "doesn't know any better". No. That's complete BS.

      If a player on the Broncos celebrated a 2nd half TD when losing by a significant margin, I'd be furious. Showboating when losing is OK only if you don't care about winning.
      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




      R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

      Comment


      • Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
        I guess I view the players responsible for wins and losses meaning I expect our hitters and pitchers AS A TEAM to outplay the opposition. I am upset with the TEAM for losing... the team from top to bottom....from Damon to Mientkiewicz. Certain ones deserve a pass as long as you score nearly half the runs of the opposition? I don't understand that line of thought.

        What "chances of winning"? The game wasn't close from the bottom of the 5th on. 3 runs do not erase a 7 run deficit.....not even close. If the goal is to win, you don't celebrate a 4-run deficit 2/3 of the way through a playoff game vs. a tough and motivated opponent on their home turf. What was the result of the celebration? Did his teammates rally around him and storm back for a dramatic comeback or did they get shut down? The celebration led to...... nothing. Not so much as a threat of scoring again. It wasn't a close game. Again, why celebrate losing by a significant margin? Why celebrate losing to begin with?


        A-Rod hit a HR in our game 4 loss to Cleveland.... does this mean he gets a pass for the playoff series loss? Losses are OK if you hit a HR?

        Damon had strong playoff numbers. We lost. Should he have celebrated? I thought wins were the goal.

        I'll admit that this wasn't Manny's worst act of celebration. A sign he once held up makes it impossible for me to understand how rsn fans can put "Manny" and "class" or "likable" in the same sentence. Everything he does is condoned. I don't get it.... never did.
        Well I'm not one who gives the whole team equal blame for a loss, or equal credit for a win. You can give me that "win as a team, lose as a team" crap all you want but the fact is that there are always players more responsible for losses than others and if it wasn't for Manny, it's very possible that we might not even be playing right now.

        As for your other point, who knows why Manny was celebrating? You say we didn't have much of a "chance of winning." This may be true but his HR gave us a better chance than we had before he came up to bat. Surely you would know, Keith, that 4 runs is far from an insurmountable margin.

        But the fact is, the outcome of the game would have been no different whether Manny had celebrated or not. So as I continue to say, as long as Manny produces, he can do whatever he wants as long as it doesn't detract from our goal of winning the game.


        Comment




        • Comment


          • I am such an idiot. For years I said Manny Ramirez looked familiar, but I assumed it was that he resembled my friend's brother. Yesterday I ran into an old high school buddy of mine and we were catching up when the conversation turned to baseball. I remembered we were both Yankees fans but he said he switched to the Red Sox. I was teasing him about it and he said because Manny was there and he was an Indians fan before that. I said something about him having a man crush on Manny. He looks at me like I'm a nut and then noticed that I don't remember pitching vs. Manny and giving up a couple of "unofficial" homeruns to him when we played a few times at this park by former residence. I remember the incident and bragging about my slider, which was no contest for Manny apparently, but I don't remember it being Manny. I think he's lying but it could've happened. He says he's going to show me some high school pics of him with Manny (his bro went to Manny's high school apparently.) I'll probably never see the guy again if he's lying. I can't remember in hindsight since I wasn't on my high school's team, I only played a few games for fun and apparently Manny was in some of those games. This could be why he looks familiar then again, I am too old to care.
            Last edited by DevilSpawn; 10-18-2007, 12:36 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
              I am such an idiot. For years I said Manny Ramirez looked familiar, but I assumed it was that he resembled my friend's brother. Yesterday I ran into an old high school buddy of mine and we were catching up when the conversation turned to baseball. I remembered we were both Yankees fans but he said he switched to the Red Sox. I was teasing him about it and he said because Manny was there and he was an Indians fan before that. I said something about him having a man crush on Manny. He looks at me like I'm a nut and then noticed that I don't remember pitching vs. Manny and giving up a couple of "unofficial" homeruns to him when we played a few times at this park by former residence. I remember the incident and bragging about my slider, which was no contest for Manny apparently, but I don't remember it being Manny. I think he's lying but it could've happened. He says he's going to show me some high school pics of him with Manny. I'll probably never see the guy again if he's lying. I can'rt remember in hindsight since I wasn't on my high school's team, I only played a few games for fun and apparently Manny was in some of those games. This could be why he looks familiar then again, I am too old to care.
              To bad you didnt know he would become a Red Sux - you could have beaned him on the noggin

              j/k - yeah right

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                Exactly - missing most of the reg. season to save it for the post season - will/can manny ever pull off a full season of baseball and still play good in the post season

                Comment


                • Why the hating...the AL sucks anyway


                  The Rockies destroyed them
                  Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by orangenblue420 View Post
                    To bad you didnt know he would become a Red Sux - you could have beaned him on the noggin

                    j/k - yeah right
                    I could've happened. I think his brother went to Manny's school (his brother and Manny are both a year older than us) and I know he lived by where manny was. I was trying to figure out why he and his brother were only a year apart and went to different schools. We never hung out outside of school so it could be possible but even if it is, I don't remember it and probably never will. Manny was popular back then apparently but I didn't follow the local HS baseball scene. I only remember the hyping up of one guy from my school who was supposed to be the next major leaguer... he eventually became a cop.

                    Comment


                    • You know what guys, I have pretty negative over the past few days but here comes a bold statement: We will win this series. The comeback starts tonight. Here is why I think we will win the next 3 games:

                      Game 5: Beckett is pure money in the playoffs and if we can just score 2-3 runs tonight, that should be enough.

                      Game 6: Now we are back at Fenway for 2 games! Same pitching matchup as game 2 which was a VERY close, back-and forth game until the 11th inning. I expect another close game but I think this time, the luck will swing in our favor.

                      Game 7: Assuming we get this far, you never know what can happen in a game 7. You can throw the first 6 games out the window. Surely to God, though, there is no way that Jake Westbrook can outpitch Daisuke Matsuzaka twice in one series.

                      One thing that I think would help this would be if we replaced Nancy with Ellsbury. It also might not be a bad idea to bat someone else leadoff because Pedroia has been flat-out terrible in the playoffs.

                      I might just be a stupid hopeful homer making these picks but I still think we have a fair chance to win this series.


                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
                        Looking forward to watching the Wolverines on ESPN Saturday night. Busy baseball offseasons leave me in the mood to discuss the Yankees year round, but I follow Michigan football closely and Kansas Jayhawks basketball fairly closely. Of course, it would be nice if the Broncos STOPPED BEING SO DEPRESSING this season.

                        Manny... no. Players that don't run out ground balls and pop ups aren't allowed on the Yankees. The big problem with Manny last game was the situation. Admiring a HR when trailing by 4 in the 6th inning of a playoff game would be terrible enough, but to stand there with your arms in the air as if you'd just won the game is infuriating. No question what would happen to a batter in his next AB after showing up Schilling (or Clemens, Pedro, etc.) with an act like that. It's OK if he's "likable" ? :roes: Michael Wilbon's take on PTI: Maybe he got confused. He saw the scoreboard and thought he was still a member of the Indians. ::

                        Soriano annoyed me by admiring his shots, but that's a little more understandable for a kid in his early 20's. Not permissible, not excusable, but a little more understandable. Manny is 35 and "doesn't know any better". No. That's complete BS.

                        If a player on the Broncos celebrated a 2nd half TD when losing by a significant margin, I'd be furious. Showboating when losing is OK only if you don't care about winning.
                        I know. Its sad watching the Broncos get beat around as bad as they do. I dont even know why I'm watching football this year. The Pats are just gonna end up winning it all anyways.


                        and @ Wilbon. Funny stuff. That could be true. And Manny doesn't really seem like he cares. ever... Theres always next year he thinks.
                        And Hes older then I thought.
                        35? wow
                        I think Manny thinks hes a young kid still.
                        And yea Soriano made me mad because he thought a ball was a HR and he could have easily got a triple instead he got a double.

                        But showboating during baseball while losing isn't as bad as football IMO.

                        in football when your down a lot its harder to come back because the clock is your biggest enemy.

                        In baseball there were 0 outs in the 5th inning.
                        They just saw the Indians have a 7 run inning so they are capable of that too.

                        Manny is just on a world of his own though.
                        He probably spends to much time with Ricky Williams and Travis Henry.

                        Comment


                        • YOOOOOOOOUK!

                          Atta boy!


                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                            YOOOOOOOOUK!

                            Atta boy!
                            Yep Shrek with a first inning HR

                            and Beckett said the F word

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                              Yep Shrek with a first inning HR

                              and Beckett said the F word
                              Oh no he dih unt !! Not a lot of love between Beckett and Lofton.

                              Another tremendous start from Beckett.
                              My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                              R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
                                Oh no he dih unt !! Not a lot of love between Beckett and Lofton.


                                Another tremendous start from Beckett.
                                It was actually during his press conference about the National anthem lady who was his GF.

                                Its already on youtube:

                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw8zHUjwvCo

                                I dont know if you saw it or not.

                                I thought it was funny when I first saw it and was shocked.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X