Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SmithOverTO View Post
    I'm not sure how many US Americans there are compared to Mexican Americans or Candian Americans that know that.

But hey it's David versus Goliath and we all know how that turned out.
    I hate to tell ya, but David doesn't always beat Goliath!

The way I see this series going, Boston has 2 guaranteed wins when Beckett pitches, then we just have to win 2 of the other 5 games. And as clutch as the Sox are at home, I just don't see how we are going to lose this series. I picked the Sox in a sweep but best case for the Rockies, IMO, will be for them to stretch it to 6 games. I really do think that 8 day layoff will hurt the Rockies though. I would really be stunned if they managed to take one of the first 2 games in Boston. The playoffs are about pitching and top to bottom (starters and bullpen) the Red Sox just have a superior pitching staff. And of our offense keeps up the pace we have been on for the last 3 games, this series could get ugly quick!

Comment

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post

The way I see this series going, Boston has 2 guaranteed wins when Beckett pitches, then we just have to win 2 of the other 5 games. And as clutch as the Sox are at home, I just don't see how we are going to lose this series. I picked the Sox in a sweep but best case for the Rockies, IMO, will be for them to stretch it to 6 games. I really do think that 8 day layoff will hurt the Rockies though. I would really be stunned if they managed to take one of the first 2 games in Boston. The playoffs are about pitching and top to bottom (starters and bullpen) the Red Sox just have a superior pitching staff. And of our offense keeps up the pace we have been on for the last 3 games, this series could get ugly quick!
      You said you would be stunned if the Indians managed to win 2 games.
      and the managed to win 3.

You just think Boston cant be beat at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
        You said you would be stunned if the Indians managed to win 2 games.
        and the managed to win 3.

You just think Boston cant be beat at all.
        has anyone put us out yet? Didn't think so. And i never said that we couldn't lose. I did say that the rockies could possibly stretch it to six games. I just think that the red sox are a superior team and they will show it in the world series.

Comment

has anyone put us out yet? Didn't think so. And i never said that we couldn't lose. I did say that the rockies could possibly stretch it to six games. I just think that the red sox are a superior team and they will show it in the world series.

Has anyone put the Rockies out yet?

The Broncos have more losses in the last month then the Rockies do.
          The Rockies are hotter then Boston right now but you still seem to think Boston is the best team ever.

Too funny

Comment

Has anyone put the Rockies out yet?

The Broncos have more losses in the last month then the Rockies do.
            The Rockies are hotter then Boston right now but you still seem to think Boston is the best team ever.

Too funny
            Damn man, I never said Boston was the best team ever. I am just saying that we are a much better team than the Rockies. That is all. I can't wait to serve everyone some crow here in about a week.

Comment

Damn man, I never said Boston was the best team ever. I am just saying that we are a much better team than the Rockies. That is all. I can't wait to serve everyone some crow here in about a week.

Comment

Just you wait my friend, just you wait!

Comment

2 guarunteed wins?!? HAHA, that makes me laugh. You East Coasters must not know about Jeff Francis. He will shut you down, just like the Rox did to Beckett when they came in there earlier this year and won 2/3. Also, I can't wait to see Papi playing some D here at Coors. He's gonna have a hard time here in Colorado.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BVP View Post
                    2 guarunteed wins?!? HAHA, that makes me laugh. You East Coasters must not know about Jeff Francis. He will shut you down, just like the Rox did to Beckett when they came in there earlier this year and won 2/3. Also, I can't wait to see Papi playing some D here at Coors. He's gonna have a hard time here in Colorado.
                    I know. I was drinking water when he posted that and I spit it out. He cracks me up sometimes. Seriously he should get a nomination for funniest poster.

Francis will out pitch another ace.
                    He outpitched Hammels.
                    He outpitched Webb.

Time to outpitch Beckett.

And what happened back in June really doesn't mean anything.

Its all about this series.

Comment

• I know very well who Jeff Francis is. I have watched him multiple times over the past few weeks. He will not outpitch Josh Beckett though. Especially in Boston. I don't care what Colorado did to Beckett in the middle of the season. This is the playoffs and Josh Beckett is the best playoff pitcher in the league right now. I'm not saying we're going to blow them out in game 1 but I figure the score will be around 3-1 Boston.

Comment

I know very well who Jeff Francis is. I have watched him multiple times over the past few weeks. He will not outpitch Josh Beckett though. Especially in Boston. I don't care what Colorado did to Beckett in the middle of the season. This is the playoffs and Josh Beckett is the best playoff pitcher in the league right now. I'm not saying we're going to blow them out in game 1 but I figure the score will be around 3-1 Boston.
                        Thats a decent score.
                        I'm thinking it will be 4-2 or 3-2 or somewhere around there.

And yea Playoffs is playoffs.
                        Thats all there is to thta.

btw: @ your sig and J-pap.
                        and does your sig look wierd to you?

Your picture is overlapping your Bostons magic number thing?
                        I've noticed that on a few sigs and was wondering if it was just my eyes.

Comment

Thats a decent score.
                          I'm thinking it will be 4-2 or 3-2 or somewhere around there.

And yea Playoffs is playoffs.
                          Thats all there is to thta.

btw: @ your sig and J-pap.
                          and does your sig look wierd to you?

Your picture is overlapping your Bostons magic number thing?
                          I've noticed that on a few sigs and was wondering if it was just my eyes.
                          No, there is still a little white space b/n my sig and the magic #.

But yeah, Jonathan Papelbon is crazy. I bet him and Manny get along great!

But funny story, I was talking to our school baseball coach yesterday and he said he worked at a baseball camp with Papelbon once and he was just as crazy back then as he is now.

Comment

• ^
                            I bet him and Manny get along great.
                            Remember that picture?

Comment

• Just in.....

Wake will not be on the WS roster.

I wonder if his back is still bothering him or they don't want him pitching the knuckleball in the thin air or they don't want to pull either Youk or Lowell and Varitek out of the lineup if he were to pitch in Coors.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
                                Just in.....

Wake will not be on the WS roster.

I wonder if his back is still bothering him or they don't want him pitching the knuckleball in the thin air or they don't want to pull either Youk or Lowell and Varitek out of the lineup if he were to pitch in Coors.
                                So is Lester going to be our 4th starter or Will Beckett pitch on short rest? I, personally, would hope it would be Beckett.

Comment

Working...
                                X