No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's already becoming an interesting offseason....

* A-Rod Opts out

* Hank Steinbrenner blasts A-Rod (I love that stuff)

* Posada and Mo declare for FA

* Boston and NY will both go after Mike Lowell

* Torre and Mattingly will go to the Dodgers

* Red Sox win the World Series and The NY Post and Daily News practically ignore the story

* Sox will probably have to deal away Crisp for cents on the dollar

* Timlin, Schill and Wake may have played their last game in a Red Sox uniform

* And the best news of all "Goodbye Gagne!!!"

This is gonna be a very interesting offseason for Boston and NY

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
      * And the best news of all "Goodbye Gagne!!!"
      Almost as great as winning the World Series itself!

But in all seriously, I hope he finds success in wherever he goes next. He was one of my favorite players when he played for the Dodgers and I still think he has a little left in the tank.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
        Almost as great as winning the World Series itself!

But in all seriously, I hope he finds success in wherever he goes next. He was one of my favorite players when he played for the Dodgers and I still think he has a little left in the tank.
        Same here. Although I don't think I saw him at today's parade that I watched on TV.

Speaking of parade, did you hear that prior to today's parade Boston Mayor Tom Menino was climbing steps at Fenway Park while holding the World Series trophy when he suddenly stumbled, hyperextended his knee and nearly dropped the trophy!?

I would have laughed my ass off if he dropped it and broke it.

http://bostonherald.com/news/regiona...icleid=1041459

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
          It's already becoming an interesting offseason....

* Torre and Mattingly will go to the Dodgers

* Red Sox win the World Series and The NY Post and Daily News practically ignore the story

"[/B]

This is gonna be a very interesting offseason for Boston and NY
          My two favorite teams have interesting things going on.

to me the best manager in baseball will go to LA, that makes my happy

I hope he brings some of the FAs like Rivera and Pettite. They can use them

No A fraud for me.

and the Sox, my dad is happy so Med is happy. They have come a long way since 1979 when Med was sitting in the green bench bleachers with Mike Torrez pitching against the Indians in front of 15 K fans or so.

btw i was 8 at the time for reference
          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• So what do you guys see our rotation being next season?

I figure it'll be something like Beckett/Dice-K/Lester/Buchholz/Wake

If Dice-K, Lester, and Buck can improve like Francona has said they will, this could be a NASTY staff next season. And with the progression of Pedroia and Elssbury, our lineup should be just as nasty.

Comment

• Gagne.
              I would love for him to be a Yankee.
              It be funny if he went back to his Dodger ways and got everyone out.
              That would really piss Boston fans off.

I saw him warming up during game 4 of the WS and was praying that he got into the game.

Comment

• I was bored so I was reading back through some older pages of the thread and found one particularly funny post from the beginning of the season. Here it is!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...&postcount=944

Comment

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                  I was bored so I was reading back through some older pages of the thread and found one particularly funny post from the beginning of the season. Here it is!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...&postcount=944
                  Well...thats the worst statement of the century.

On an unrelated note, how sure are the Red Sox of getting Lowell again? He nearly become a Rockie twice in his career so I've sort of followed him.
                  Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

• Originally posted by SmithOverTO View Post
                    Well...thats the worst statement of the century.

On an unrelated note, how sure are the Red Sox of getting Lowell again? He nearly become a Rockie twice in his career so I've sort of followed him.
                    Unless they are hellbent on getting A-Rod (which I don't think they are) I believe they will find a way to re-sign Lowell. He was a valuable part of our WS run and a great veteran leader.

Comment

• I'm an equal opportunity crow server so here is a stupid post I made earlier in the season.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...postcount=1120

Comment

• Bailey.
                        funny stuff

I love looking through old posts and reading stuff that I could bump later.
                        Its good stuff.

Comment

• Tom Verducci wrote a great article this week about the Red Sox's World Series run and their future.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...105/index.html

It's 4 pages long but it's a great read.

Comment

• This is kind of off topic and I hope I dont ruin your day Btb

But I noticed in your sig with J-pap on both covers.

There is also Favre,Manning, and Brady on the covers as well.

3 QBs you are probably sick of hearing about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                              This is kind of off topic and I hope I dont ruin your day Btb

But I noticed in your sig with J-pap on both covers.

There is also Favre,Manning, and Brady on the covers as well.

3 QBs you are probably sick of hearing about right now.
                              Yeah I noticed. It's ok though, it doesn't take away from my boy Paps being on the cover.

Comment

• My team has a more impressive losing history than yours, which I must say is quite the accomplishment.

Comment

Working...
                                X