Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Dammit KB I said you win! No need to keep pounding it in!

As for that last sentence, come on man, when have you ever taken anything Manny has said seriously?
    Oops. Didn't realize criticizing Steinbrenner was pounding it in. Sorry if I offended you.

Manny being Manny ....Johnny being Johnny. Same difference, right?
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Per Buster Olney, the Red Sox are talking a deal that would send Coco Crisp, Jon Lester, Led Lowrie, and a player to be named later to the Twins for Johan Santana. I would jump on that in a heartbeat as long as they don't ask for Buchholz or Ellsbury. Imagine this staff: Beckett/Santana/Dice-K/Schilling/Wakefield with a possibility of Buchholz cracking the staff at some point. That's just nasty right there.

Comment

Per Buster Olney, the Red Sox are talking a deal that would send Coco Crisp, Jon Lester, Led Lowrie, and a player to be named later to the Twins for Johan Santana. I would jump on that in a heartbeat as long as they don't ask for Buchholz or Ellsbury. Imagine this staff: Beckett/Santana/Dice-K/Schilling/Wakefield with a possibility of Buchholz cracking the staff at some point. That's just nasty right there.
        At this point the Sox appear to be leading the Santana Sweepstakes and Buccholz and Ellsbury are not part of the discussions.

That's great.

However, Santana is looking for $20 million plus per year for six or seven years. I don't think Josh is gonna like those numbers too much. I think he's averaging $10 million per year.

If this deal pisses off Josh then I'm not too warm and fuzzy about it.

The Sox need to be real careful here....

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• The Sox just upped the ante. They took Lester out of the deal and substituted Ellsbury. While I'm not crazy about that, our staff would be freak nasty with Santana. That also gives you a chance to move Lester and/or Buchholz to the bullpen with Okie and Paps. The big question is who would be the 5th starter. It would come down to Wakefield, Lester, and Buchholz. With that logjam (assuming we get Santana), I think we should trade Wake away and put either Jon or Clay in the #5 spot, and the other in the bullpen. Then when Schill leaves, move the other back into the rotation. Whatever happens, our staff will be SICK if we get Santana. It would be a failure not to win the WS again.

Comment

• Look who is pulling away in thee Santana sweepstakes!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3140668

I especially loved the last line of the article.

Comment

• Steve Phillips said on Sports Center that he expects a deal to be done in the next couple of days.

Comment

• Who would you guys trade for Santana?

Comment

• Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                  Who would you guys trade for Santana?
                  So we could have the best pitching staff pretty much ever. Considering his talent, we're really not giving up THAT much for him.

Comment

So we could have the best pitching staff pretty much ever. Considering his talent, we're really not giving up THAT much for him.
                    I said who, not why. Typical Sox fan.

So, WHO are you guys considering trading for him?

Comment

I would only want to trade him for Lester, Crisp and minor leaguers Ryan Kalish and Justin Masterson.

But I'm sure that won't get it done.

I'll be pissed if they trade Ellsbury. He's an electric player that makes things happen. I'm looking forward to watching him in a Red Sox uniform for many years to come.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

Steve Phillips said on Sports Center that he expects a deal to be done in the next couple of days.

Steve Phillips baseball IQ is almost as high as Coco Crisp's uniform number.

I didn't think things would drag on this long... interesting story, though.
                        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

My bad, I misread! :doh:

I wouldn't be too pissed about losing Ellsbury. He's a really good player but Santana would help up win more championships.

Comment

• Did I hear that the Twins are waiting for the Sox to throw in Buchholz?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3142030
                            When the Twins failed to give Boston any feedback Tuesday, it led to some inevitable speculation: Is Minnesota waiting for the Yankees to jump back into the bidding or hoping the Red Sox decide they really, truly want Santana enough to discuss top pitching prospect Clay Buchholz?
                            Last edited by Chidoze; 12-05-2007, 09:34 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• The Sox aren't going to trade Buchholz and Ellsbury. It's going to be one or the other. I don't think they want Santana bad enough to trade away their two best prospects.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3146990

Three words...THANK YOU GOD!

Boy do i miss Kason Gabbard!

Comment

Working...
                                X