No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very excited about the Red Sox chances of repeating next year.

We have young studs like Buchholz, Ellsbury, Youk and Papelbon along with many crafty veterans.

What did the Yanks do this offseason?

Oh yeah, they resigned old farts like Mo and Posada.

Whoop-dee-doo.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
      I am very excited about the Red Sox chances of repeating next year.

We have young studs like Buchholz, Ellsbury, Youk and Papelbon along with many crafty veterans.

What did the Yanks do this offseason?

Oh yeah, they resigned old farts like Mo and Posada.

Whoop-dee-doo.

Blah blah blah............. since PCE can talk the talk, but isn't up to keeping his word, I'll help him out. JohnNY Damon was to be PCE's adopted Yankee. Thanks to Broncosfreak_56 for this sig:

My post: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=62556&page=55

Tell you what..... I'll bet you that both Rivera and Posada return to the Yankees for the 2008 season. The wager...... the loser has to use a sig picture made to the specifications of the winner's wish (you'd get a big Yankees sig or I'd get a big red sox sig) throughout 2008--the year, not merely the baseball season--. Said sig would have to be carried without any negative quotes/pics etc. about the Yankees/red sox in the losers sig or avatar. The loser also gets to adopt a "favorite player" of the winners choice for a full year.

PCE's post: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=62556&page=55

Thanks Mr. Roper! I think you'r right on the money on this one.

OK KB, you're on. Remember, this bet is about both players returning next year so injuries and retirements are included as well.
      Last edited by keithbishop; 01-08-2008, 04:31 PM.
      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Goose Gossage made the HOF today, but, unfortunately, Jim Rice didn't.

I've always respected Rice and thought he'd make it this year. He was only 16 votes short, so perhaps he'll get in next year.

Comment

• PCE's sig isn't that big... is it?
          Seems like she doesn't know how to accept a simple online bet.
          Damn...

My thoughts and prayers are definatly with PCE to hopefully get better and man up maybe??

Comment

• OK, I had a little fun with you.

Glad I pissed you off.

Now I'm gonna throw up.

Red Sox are World Champs!

Comment

OK, I had a little fun with you.

Glad I pissed you off.

Now I'm gonna throw up.

Red Sox are World Champs!
              Much better. Do we get to kiss and make up now?

Don't forget to put JohnNY Damon in as your adopted Yankee.

Can we start the season now??

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, what was it that yall bet on?

Comment

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                  Just out of curiosity, what was it that yall bet on?
                  Something about Posada and Mo returning in '08 but at the time of the bet I thought I included Torre as well.

When KB brought it up months and months and months later I realized Joe wasn't included with the original bet.

Don't matter.

Red Sox are World Champs!!!

Live it. Love it. Learn it.

Comment

Something about Posada and Mo returning in '08 but at the time of the bet I thought I included Torre as well.

When KB brought it up months and months and months later I realized Joe wasn't included with the original bet.

Don't matter.

Red Sox are World Champs!!!

Live it. Love it. Learn it.
                    Fix the Damon line and you're there. Again:

My post: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=62556&page=55

Tell you what..... I'll bet you that both Rivera and Posada return to the Yankees for the 2008 season. The wager...... the loser has to use a sig picture made to the specifications of the winner's wish (you'd get a big Yankees sig or I'd get a big red sox sig) throughout 2008--the year, not merely the baseball season--. Said sig would have to be carried without any negative quotes/pics etc. about the Yankees/red sox in the losers sig or avatar. The loser also gets to adopt a "favorite player" of the winners choice for a full year.

PCE's post: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=62556&page=55

Thanks Mr. Roper! I think you'r right on the money on this one.

OK KB, you're on. Remember, this bet is about both players returning next year so injuries and retirements are included as well.

I never would have bet on Torre's return, which I didn't think would be likely unless the Yankees won the WS. Short of career ending injury, there was no way Posada or Rivera would retire after the 2007 season. Anything is possible in FA, of course. Players get kicked to the curb all the time. I'm just glad it didn't happen to those 2. It was brought up "months and months later" because they re-signed during the offseason, which was...... months and months later. I made, and lost, a bet on my main Yankees board at about the same time last season, giving me the "privilege" of carrying a crappy sig and avatar this offseason. The bet you and I made was for the entire calendar year, not just the offseason, but thems the breaks. Should be pretty easy to handle, even not showing Damon's name negatively, after winning the WS, shouldn't it?

Still have no idea where RSN fans get the "let's trash those who played large roles in winning a title" mentality comes from. I swear I have more respect for Charlie Hayes than many RSN fans have for Damon. Did Damon not play hard enough when he was in boston?

Comment

• Whew, glad I didn't enter that bet. I would have to quit the board for a year if I had to have a Yankee sig.

It would have been funny seeing KB have to adopt Manny Ramirez and have a Red Sox sig.

Comment

Whew, glad I didn't enter that bet. I would have to quit the board for a year if I had to have a Yankee sig.

It would have been funny seeing KB have to adopt Manny Ramirez and have a Red Sox sig.
                        Adopt Manny.... or.... gulp.... adopt Schilling. Eww.

Comment

Whew, glad I didn't enter that bet. I would have to quit the board for a year if I had to have a Yankee sig.

I hear you brother. I'm actually considering quiting this board for a year due to this terrible sig.

I just need someone I can PM so he can relay my thoughts throughout the year about how crappy the Yankees are.

Any takers?

Comment

I hear you brother. I'm actually considering quiting this board for a year due to this terrible sig.

I just need someone I can PM so he can relay my thoughts throughout the year about how crappy the Yankees are.

Any takers?
                            I can do it. I'll be your personal spokesperson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Roper View Post
                              I can do it. I'll be your personal spokesperson.
                              Thanks Stanley. I'll take you up on that. I'll send you a PM shortly that you can relay to all the Red Sox and Yankees fans on this board.

This is great.

Comment

• PCE just sent me a PM that he wanted me to relay to all of you.....

He said that he can't wait for KB's annual post about how solid the Yankees bullpen is going to be, only to see it crap out once again during the season.

That's it for now.

I'll pass along more great points from PCE in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X