Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OH, he also said

    Red Sox are World Champs!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
      I hear you brother. I'm actually considering quiting this board for a year due to this terrible sig.

      I just need someone I can PM so he can relay my thoughts throughout the year about how crappy the Yankees are.

      Any takers?
      Hmmm.... only said you couldn't say anything negative about the Yankees in your sig/avatar, not your posts. Not being able to do so in posts wouldn't be fun for anyone, now would it?
      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




      R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

      Comment


      • Yeah, if PCE leaves, I'll be the only person left to defend the Sox.

        I'll have to come up with some good material this season.


        Comment


        • 1 post...... 1 ....... about Jim Rice missing HOF induction by only 16 votes and it came from a Yankees fan . Turn in your RSN membership cards.

          PCE....Mr. Roper...... is Rice really that unimportant to you?

          http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...62556&page=114



          Mr. Roper: Yes, I'm aware that the red sox won the WS. I sent cps to Bailey and PCE congratulating them on the victory. Having watched my Yankees win 6 titles, I've learned how to be gracious in both defeat and victory. Sounds crazy, but it works.

          Yeah, I'll be doing a preview of the Yankees at both the major and minor league levels. The bullpen is a question mark beyond Rivera. Duh. Thanks for the enlightenment.


          I'm looking forward to your in depth sox analysis. Should be fascinating.

          This will be tough to pull off, but can you guys put your heads together and tell me about 3 (is 3 too many? ) sox prospects that have yet to reach the majors?
          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




          R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

          Comment


          • I am a Sox fan when i watch baseball

            Comment


            • Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
              1 post...... 1 ....... about Jim Rice missing HOF induction by only 16 votes and it came from a Yankees fan . Turn in your RSN membership cards.

              PCE....Mr. Roper...... is Rice really that unimportant to you?

              This will be tough to pull off, but can you guys put your heads together and tell me about 3 (is 3 too many? ) sox prospects that have yet to reach the majors?
              PCE told me to tell you that he never expected Rice to make the HOF this year although he thinks he's worthy because he dominated his era for several years and pitching was much better in the 70's and early 80's than it is now. PCE also said he was surprised he only fell 16 votes short but that was probably because the field wasn't so deep this year. The field will be deeper next year and he will fall off the pace again.

              PCE also told me to tell you that there are several tremendous Sox prospects that have yet to make the majors.

              His favorites are Justin Matherson, a 6-6 righty with a 3/4 delivery and a tremendous sinker and very good slider.

              He also likes Jed Lowrie, an infielder with a very good glove and range. He hits for a good average on both sides of the plate and works the pitchers into deep counts.

              He also likes Ryan Kalish, a very strong, athletic and quick outfielder who grew up a Red Sox fan. He still needs a lot of work but has come up several times in trade talks.

              PCE said the Sox have done a great job with their farm system (see Youk, Papelbon, Ellsbury, Buchholz, Pedroia, Delcarmen and Lester)

              -Mr. Roper

              Comment


              • Oh, I almost forgot. PCE also told me to tell you....

                Red Sox are World Champs!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mr. Roper View Post
                  PCE told me to tell you that he never expected Rice to make the HOF this year although he thinks he's worthy because he dominated his era for several years and pitching was much better in the 70's and early 80's than it is now. PCE also said he was surprised he only fell 16 votes short but that was probably because the field wasn't so deep this year. The field will be deeper next year and he will fall off the pace again.

                  PCE also told me to tell you that there are several tremendous Sox prospects that have yet to make the majors.

                  His favorites are Justin Matherson, a 6-6 righty with a 3/4 delivery and a tremendous sinker and very good slider.

                  He also likes Jed Lowrie, an infielder with a very good glove and range. He hits for a good average on both sides of the plate and works the pitchers into deep counts.

                  He also likes Ryan Kalish, a very strong, athletic and quick outfielder who grew up a Red Sox fan. He still needs a lot of work but has come up several times in trade talks.

                  PCE said the Sox have done a great job with their farm system (see Youk, Papelbon, Ellsbury, Buchholz, Pedroia, Delcarmen and Lester)

                  -Mr. Roper
                  Rice was high on the list in 2007, so I'm not sure why coming close in 2008 was surprising. Gossage was 24 votes short in 2006 and easily (and deservedly) made it in this year. I'm a bigger fan of the game than my team, so, just like last season, I called for Rice's induction. Gossage makes it in.... no comment from the RSN gang.

                  3 prospects?? I'm stunned.

                  I'll go much deeper (far beyond prospects mentioned in trade talks for Santana) with the Yankees system because there is a lot on hand and I follow the Yankees farm system very closely. Question marks aside in the bullpen, I know that, like last season with Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes, and Ian Kennedy, the Yankees have young arms ready to step in. This year the young arms coming up will be in the bullpen, with Humberto Sanchez, Mark Melancon, and JB Cox heading a deep list.
                  Last edited by keithbishop; 01-11-2008, 06:39 PM.
                  My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                  R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                  Comment


                  • I just noticed KB provided a detailed analysis of the Yankees top prospects so I'm gonna do the same for my beloved Red Sox. Whatever a Yankees fan can do a Red Sox fan can do better.


                    1. Lars Anderson, 1b, Hits for avg and power. Has a weird first name
                    2. Justin Masterson, rhp, sinker sinks good
                    3. Jed Lowrie, ss, was disapointing in Arizona Fall League but who cares about that
                    4. Ryan Kalish, of, Good Center Fielder and arm but he's slow
                    5. Michael Bowden, rhp, Control pitcher, has 3 average pitches
                    6. Nick Hagadone, lhp, He's a big boy but needs to work on his conditioning, he's getting fatter
                    7. Oscar Tejeda, ss, Good speed on the bases and field. Overly aggressive and has no power
                    8. Josh Red****, of, smooth lefty swing generates consistent contact. Avg. speed, doesn't walk enough
                    9. Will Middlebrooks, Good arm. He should be a defensive back with a name like Middlebrooks.
                    10. Bubba Bell, He's not really a top prospect but I like his name


                    Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

                    Comment


                    • Curt Schilling might need shoulder surgery and could be done for the year.

                      The Sox are looking into the possibility of voiding the 1 year deal he just signed.

                      http://bostonherald.com/sports/baseb...ormat=comments


                      Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
                        Curt Schilling might need shoulder surgery and could be done for the year.

                        The Sox are looking into the possibility of voiding the 1 year deal he just signed.

                        http://bostonherald.com/sports/baseb...ormat=comments

                        What is your take, PCE?
                        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                        R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
                          Curt Schilling might need shoulder surgery and could be done for the year.

                          The Sox are looking into the possibility of voiding the 1 year deal he just signed.

                          http://bostonherald.com/sports/baseb...ormat=comments
                          Best of luck to him. Or should I say his surgeon?

                          Anyways hope he heals well. surgeries are always scary.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
                            What is your take, PCE?
                            Schilling's doctor says he needs surgery while Boston's doctors feel rest and rehab will enable him to return this year.

                            If he goes ahead w/ the surgery he's done for the year and the Sox have a case to void his 8 mil contract.

                            There's still plenty of time to see how well he reacts to rest and rehab so that appears the best route. That's what Curt said he'll do in his blog.


                            Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
                              Schilling's doctor says he needs surgery while Boston's doctors feel rest and rehab will enable him to return this year.

                              If he goes ahead w/ the surgery he's done for the year and the Sox have a case to void his 8 mil contract.

                              There's still plenty of time to see how well he reacts to rest and rehab so that appears the best route. That's what Curt said he'll do in his blog.
                              Have to admit I'm still stunned by his "no comment" yesterday. Those are 2 words I never thought Schilling or Gary Sheffield would say.
                              My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                              R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
                                Have to admit I'm still stunned by his "no comment" yesterday. Those are 2 words I never thought Schilling or Gary Sheffield would say.
                                I'm now hearing the Sox may agree to have the NY Mets team doctor offer a 3rd opinion.


                                Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X