No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A caller on JT the Brick said more and more rumors are coming up that The Rocket will be back in Bean town this season
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

• I am sorry to see that David Wells got hurt. He pitched very well.... 1 ER in 4 and 1/3 IP before the injury, a shot off his knee. Initial tests didn't reveal a major injury, but more tests will have to be run. There isn't a player in any sport I wish to see have a career-ending injury.

I'm not saying he won't pitch again this year, but if that's the case, David Wells had a fantastic career and will always be one of my favorite Yankees.
      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue
        Yah, it does. Know why? Because he was the same way last year. He sucks. And you figure he'll be better know that he just came off an injury? Yep how'd you know?
        Bumping this one......... damn right he was better. Because he's David Wells, that's how I knew. Healthy players tend to perform better than injured players .

I never thought I would make an argument FOR a red sox player, but It still bothers me that a red sox fan could say David Wells sucked in 2005.

Wells sucked to the tune of a 15-7 record in 30 starts. In 184 IP, he had 107 K and 21 BB and a 4.45 ERA. The ERA is a bit high, but, unfortunately, in today's AL, that is middle-of-the pack. For instance, this season, a 4.45 ERA would rank 26th out of 49 starting pitchers with enough innings to qualify for the ERA lead. A 5 to 1 K to BB ratio (which Wells has had in each of the last 3 seasons) is excellent. Seems like a solid year for someone who was 42 last season.

Take away Wells 15 wins last year and the red sox would not have made the playoffs. Wells turned 43 on May 20th.
        Last edited by keithbishop; 05-26-2006, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
          Bumping this one......... damn right he was better. Because he's David Wells, that's how I knew. Healthy players tend to perform better than injured players .

I never thought I would make an argument FOR a red sox player, but It still bothers me that a red sox fan could say David Wells sucked in 2005.

Wells sucked to the tune of a 15-7 record in 30 starts. In 184 IP, he had 107 K and 21 BB and a 4.45 ERA. The ERA is a bit high, but, unfortunately, in today's AL, that is middle-of-the pack. For instance, this season, a 4.45 ERA would rank 26th out of 49 starting pitchers with enough innings to qualify for the ERA lead. A 5 to 1 K to BB ratio (which Wells has had in each of the last 3 seasons) is excellent. Seems like a solid year for someone who was 42 last season.

Take away Wells 15 wins last year and the red sox would not have made the playoffs. Wells turned 43 on May 20th.
          If we had Beckett last year we still would have. It just seemed to me that the games I saw him on TV he would choke.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
          RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
          Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
          -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• SCHILL TONIGHT!!!!

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
            Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
            -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

If we had Beckett last year we still would have. It just seemed to me that the games I saw him on TV he would choke.
              Hey, I love your sig. Damon's leadoff HR Tuesday night had to sting, didn't it??

Beckett?? LOL, OK. If the Red Sox had Mariano Rivera last year, the Yankees would have missed the playoffs. I'm just talking about the players the red sox DID have in 2005.

I understand about seeing someone pitch poorly and thinking they had a bad season..... the games we see on TV stand out a lot more than the ones we read about. Wells had some bad starts, but he had more good starts than bad.
              The red sox hitters failed him in the playoffs..... Wells allowed 2 ER in 7 IP, which should always be good enough for a win.

Wells had rough months in April and May, but pitched very well from May 25th through the end of the year.

Starting May 25th:
              Poor Starts: June 26, Aug. 17, Sept. 9, Sept. 19
              Acceptable Starts: June 3, June 20, July 2, July 7, August 6
              Good starts: July 25, Aug. 12, Sept. 25, Sept. 30
              Excellent Starts: May 29 (8.1 IP, 2 ER), June 14 (7 IP, 0 ER), July 15 (7 IP, 1 ER),
              July 20 (7 IP, 2 ER), July 30 (7 IP, 2 ER), Aug. 28 (7 IP, 2 ER), Sept. 4 (CG, 1 ER)
              Last edited by keithbishop; 05-27-2006, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Damn............ I'm a red sox apologist . As long as I'm sticking up for David Wells, I suppose it's OK.

Comment

• I think it is that you are about to change your Evil ways, and come to the light

sigpic

Comment

• Schill gets career win 200, Johnny Paps gets 18th save of the season in as many attempts!

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                    -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Schill gets career win 200, Johnny Paps gets 18th save of the season in as many attempts!

Gotta love it

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander
                        I think it is that you are about to change your Evil ways, and come to the light
                        Nope..... after this weekend's series, I'll go back to pulling for Baseball LITE: the Royals.

How's this for a slogan: "The Kansas City Royals--At Least We Have Above-Averege Infield Defense!!"

Too wordy??

Comment

• http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com...179314&id=1471

Wells appears to be OK .... and, yes, he loves:

Comment

• TIMMY TODAY!!!!

Crisp to make Fenway return!

After 2 extended Spring Training games in Fort Meyers and a swell performance in Pawtuckett last night, Coco Crisp will make his return to Fenway today at 2:05 EST in CF and leading off. Last night in Pawtuckett, Crisp had 3 AB's, one walk and one single that went for 2 RBI's, on defense Coco recorded 2 put-outs that lead Pawtuckett's win 4-0 over the Norfolk Tides a AAA New York Mets affiliate.
                            Last edited by LiquidBlue; 05-28-2006, 08:58 AM.

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                            -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                              http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com...179314&id=1471

Wells appears to be OK .... and, yes, he loves:

That is good news, for Boomer

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander
                                That is good news, for Boomer
                                ......and bad news for Papelbon, who is getting sent to AAA while Wells takes over as closer .

Comment

Working...
                                X